The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Buckingham springs for a Spanish retreat in La Quinta (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59011)

button-lip 08-26-2020 08:08 PM

Lindsey Buckingham springs for a Spanish retreat in La Quinta

https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...t-in-la-quinta

By NEAL J. LEITEREGSTAFF WRITER
AUG. 25, 2020

Former Fleetwood Mac songwriter and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and his wife, Kristen, have purchased a home in La Quinta’s Hideaway golf club community for $3.725 million.

The Spanish-inspired contemporary takes in sweeping fairway views from its spot along the club’s Pete Dye-designed golf course.

Built in 2014, the two-story house has white oak floors, reclaimed-barnwood details and steel-framed doors and windows. The kitchen is outfitted with marble countertops and high-end appliances. Including a guest casita, there are four bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms and about 5,500 square feet of living space.

The roughly 5,500-square-foot Spanish contemporary-style home sits on more than a third of an acre.
The roughly 5,500-square-foot Spanish contemporary-style home sits on more than a third of an acre in La Quinta’s Hideaway golf course community.(NearMap)

Two covered patios and an upper terrace create additional living space outdoors. A swimming pool, a pool deck and a fire feature fill out the landscaped backyard.

The Hideaway is a guard-gated community consisting of 600 acres, more than 400 custom homes/homesites and two 18-hole golf courses. Membership at the golf club is by invitation only.

Buckingham, 70, departed from Fleetwood Mac two years ago following a disagreement over the band’s tour schedule. He joined the group in 1974 with Stevie Nicks and wrote many of the band’s hits, including “Go Your Own Way,” “Never Going Back” and “Tusk.” He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the group in 1998.

On the real estate side, Buckingham and his wife made real estate news last year when they sold their custom estate in Brentwood for $28 million. They own other properties in Southern California.

HomerMcvie 08-26-2020 09:16 PM

Good for them.

elle 08-27-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259662)
Good for them.

Yup! Someone said this is really close to where Coachella normally takes place?

BigStevieFan66 08-27-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1259675)
Yup! Someone said this is really close to where Coachella normally takes place?

Yep! Pretty much across the street. The Buckinghams acquired a gorgeous property (of course!).

https://www.estately.com/listings/in...ada-lot-254--1

g. fish 08-27-2020 07:19 PM

The views are incredible. Yes, I know it's professional photography. But you can't fake those images.

kenzo 08-28-2020 10:53 AM

A third of an acre? Doesn't sound very private.

bombaysaffires 08-29-2020 12:05 AM

Maybe they bought it for their kids to use as a groovy rich kids' party house at Coachella :eek::shrug:

FuzzyPlum 08-29-2020 04:01 AM

Do Lindsey or Kristen play golf?

sleepless child 08-29-2020 11:32 AM

Wow! that is beautiful. Thanks Fleetwood Mac for that settlement money.

michelej1 08-30-2020 02:43 AM

Given what the last house sold for, this place is practically a slum. How the mighty have fallen. :lol:

Macfan4life 08-30-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1259703)
Wow! that is beautiful. Thanks Fleetwood Mac for that settlement money.

Yes that settlement money made it an easy cash offer :)
The big sale of their huge house is quite the nest egg for the rest of their kid's lives.

Now Lindsey can say he lives below a great mountain in the shape of a huge beast. Its quite the sanctuary.

button-lip 08-30-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1259723)
The big sale of their huge house is quite the nest egg for the rest of their kid's lives.

And I'm sure he's extremely happy with that fact. After all, he's a family man. :)

HomerMcvie 08-30-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1259731)
And I'm sure he's extremely happy with that fact. After all, he's a family man. :)

Instead of a jealous old HAG.

button-lip 08-30-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259732)
Instead of a jealous old HAG.

Please, jealous old hag has the money, the RRHOF, the awards nominations, the packed arenas, and of course, her devoted fans.

And yet, I have the feeling that she would trade some of that for a glimpse of his family life. :shrug:

HomerMcvie 08-30-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1259737)
Please, jealous old hag has the money, the RRHOF, the awards nominations, the packed arenas, and of course, her devoted fans.

And yet, I have the feeling that she would trade some of that for a glimpse of his family life. :shrug:

$he's got it all. And yet $he doesn't.

I KNOW that $he longs for what he has. He won the life game, and $he's just got her empty stardom. Surrounded by yes girls. PAID yes girls. No one could convince me that $he doesn't long for what he has now.

lovethemac1 08-31-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259738)

I KNOW that $he longs for what he has. He won the life game, and $he's just got her empty stardom. Surrounded by yes girls. PAID yes girls. No one could convince me that $he doesn't long for what he has now.

Does she ever.......and you know what??? I have NO sympathy for her, NONE. She chose her bed, bought it, paid for it, and laid in it (very rarely alone it would appear), but now she's stuck in it alone, for the rest of her life.

I'm so happy for him and Kristen, and his kids. That place looks incredible.

HomerMcvie 08-31-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1259741)
Does she ever.......and you know what??? I have NO sympathy for her, NONE. She chose her bed, bought it, paid for it, and laid in it (very rarely alone it would appear), but now she's stuck in it alone, for the rest of her life.

I'm so happy for him and Kristen, and his kids. That place looks incredible.

Me either. $he was in the Army, and couldn't take 9 months off to have a baby. Tell that to Madonna or Cher, or anyone else that found the time. $he's such a victim(of herself). Her own narcissism bought this empty life $he's now stuck with.

bombaysaffires 09-03-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1259719)
Given what the last house sold for, this place is practically a slum. How the mighty have fallen. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1259723)
Yes that settlement money made it an easy cash offer :)

Now Lindsey can say he lives below a great mountain in the shape of a huge beast. Its quite the sanctuary.

I'm guessing quite a bit of the money from the house he sold went straight into the new custom-built house they built just down the street, new studio and all :laugh: And the care and feeding of the horses his wife and daughters have and all the equestrian competitions they compete in. :shrug:

This new place looks like a nice getaway. Though as someone mentioned, do either of them actually golf? I just don't see Lindsey as a golfer, but you never know. :shocked: I would have thought they would have gotten a place near his wife's stables up north :shrug:

I suspect inheriting rights to his royalties will be a nice nest egg for the kids ;)

secondhandchain 09-06-2020 06:48 PM

The La Quinta Waldorf Resort is one of my favorite spots to get away. Gorgeous views of the mountains.

secondhandchain 09-06-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259738)

YUP! Those who claim it's about LB's jealousy have it all wrong. Is LB a bit jealous of her solo success? Sure. But the reason she had him fired is her jealousy of the riches and success he has. And I ain't talking about money or fame.