The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new photos? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51313)

johnnystorms 01-26-2013 01:29 AM

new photos?

has anyone seen the new pics that were mentioned in interviews? i'm soooooooo tired of the SYW publicity shots!

Sanne2 01-26-2013 05:37 AM

It's absolutely ridiculous they are still using 10 year old promo photos. We should've seen the new photos by now.

Madness Fades 01-26-2013 07:29 AM

The say you will photos were all a bit boring and lifeless.
In general the group photos a never great, they all just never look happy.
However the photo for the dance cover was good.

Villavic 01-26-2013 09:30 AM

They probably look younger in the SYW photos than now, but with all the photoshop technology that's not an excuse

WildHearted 01-26-2013 09:38 AM

I was just thinking about this last night.

Hopefully with all the press that they've been doing, some of the new pictures will surface soon.

The only thing is, I'm not sure they were actually group shots. I got the impression that it was just Stevie and Lindsey (this impression might have been wrong, of course). So for official stuff we might still be stuck with SYW shots of the whole band.

CADreaming 01-26-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1073591)
I was just thinking about this last night.

Hopefully with all the press that they've been doing, some of the new pictures will surface soon.

The only thing is, I'm not sure they were actually group shots. I got the impression that it was just Stevie and Lindsey (this impression might have been wrong, of course). So for official stuff we might still be stuck with SYW shots of the whole band.

No, that's right. Stevie said the photo shoot was just her & Lindsey. Not all of them.

michelej1 01-26-2013 02:39 PM

I don't like those four disembodied heads. They haunt my dreams. BUT I don't care that they aren't smiling. I'd prefer that. It gives them moody atmosphere.

I don't really want them grinning like happy old loons. I did like some of the SYW shots they took where you could see their bodies. But after 10 years. . .

Also people put out a stupid tour program! Folks want to have a keepsake of the fortunes they threw down the drain coming to see you.

Michele

WildHearted 01-26-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1073614)
No, that's right. Stevie said the photo shoot was just her & Lindsey. Not all of them.

Yeah, that's what I thought. She didn't make it seem like it was tied into an interview or anything, but it seems random that they just did a shoot with the two of them if it's just generic all-purpose press photos.

I'm still curious as to what is so crazy about them. :lol:

britt0308 01-26-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1073657)
Yeah, that's what I thought. She didn't make it seem like it was tied into an interview or anything, but it seems random that they just did a shoot with the two of them if it's just generic all-purpose press photos.

I'm still curious as to what is so crazy about them. :lol:

Seriously! Like what were they doing so out of the ordinary that made her refer to the pics (several times) as crazy?! Like props..outdoors/indoors..a reshoot of the BN album cover?!

^I mean..I would want to see..no NO I wouldn't wanna see that. ;):D But maybe, haha.

WildHearted 01-26-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britt0308 (Post 1073661)
Seriously! Like what were they doing so out of the ordinary that made her refer to the pics (several times) as crazy?! Like props..outdoors/indoors..a reshoot of the BN album cover?!

That's my speculation early on :lol: In reality, I don't think they'd dare.

Crazy for them probably means Stevie is wearing a witches hat and Lindsey dug his kimono out of storage.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

CADreaming 01-26-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britt0308 (Post 1073661)

^I mean..I would want to see..no NO I wouldn't wanna see that. ;):D But maybe, haha.

hahaha -- that's one of those train wreck moments where I'd have to look just because...

britt0308 01-26-2013 07:37 PM

Haha TOTAL trainwreck. You know we would have a whole separate speculation thread.

But who knows really..with all of LB's "cyclical" and "getting back to the the love we had" talk. Could mean reminiscent of BN days. Stevie wouldn't dare do that though..

I'm oh so curious.. :rolleyes:

CADreaming 01-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britt0308 (Post 1073667)
Haha TOTAL trainwreck. You know we would have a whole separate speculation thread.

But who knows really..with all of LB's "cyclical" and "getting back to the the love we had" talk. Could mean reminiscent of BN days. Stevie wouldn't dare do that though..

I'm oh so curious.. :rolleyes:

She wouldn't dare -- but she did say the original had been touched up anyway - think of all they can do now with PS. She should do that as a gag and give it Lindsey on his birthday. It's around the 40th release anniversary anyway. :D

britt0308 01-26-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1073668)
She wouldn't dare -- but she did say the original had been touched up anyway - think of all they can do now with PS. She should do that as a gag and give it Lindsey on his birthday. It's around the 40th release anniversary anyway. :D

Hahaha a gag gift would be hilarious! What would our precious little Kristen have to say about that?

Just kidding, just kidding. I absolutely *adore* Kristen and his family.. :rolleyes: Nothing is going on with SN and LB. We could only hope.

michelej1 05-27-2013 02:56 PM

[Liked what this Billboard article said about the new photo]

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ustralian-tour

Fleetwood Mac have added Australia to their global touring itinerary.

The veteran group today announced they will play a mix of Australian arenas and open-air winery shows, beginning Nov. 10 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre and running through to Dec. 2 at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre before heading east to New Zealand.

Australia’s Live Nation affiliate will promote the seven-date tour, tickets for which go on sale June 13, while pre-sales begin June 4.

The Australian tour announcement was accompanied by a cheery photo of the band’s current line-up of Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie. Nicks and Buckingham are intertwined in what looks unmistakeably like a “happy family” snap.

“We are thrilled to return to Australia where we’ve always loved performing. Our fans there are phenomenal,” the group commented in a joint statement.

Fleetwood Mac are currently on tour in North America, their first run of dates since 2009. Their tour of Europe commences Sept. 20 at the O2 Dublin, in the Republic of Ireland, and wraps Oct. 26 at Amsterdam’s Ziggo Dome.

Fleetwood Mac recently released their first collection of new music in a decade, a set titled "Extended Play.” Prior to that, the group's last studio album was "Say You Will," released in 2003; that set bowed at No. 3 on the Billboard 200.

Buckingham recently told Billboard there's more where Fleetwood Mac's new "Extended Play" came from.