The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tom Petty Tour 2014 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53778)

jkmaletic 06-03-2014 09:20 AM

Tom Petty Tour 2014

Is anyone going this year? I am - opening night in San Diego August 3rd! :nod:

It's unusual for a band to start their tour out west, so I'm pretty excited about it. The venue is 10 minutes from my house, and it's the same venue FM will be at in December.

If you buy a ticket to his show, you get a free download (maybe even a cd too) of his new record coming out in July, which I thought was super cool. I wish FM would do something like that. :cool:

Jamie

jenniferuk 06-03-2014 09:55 AM

Very fun--love that download bonus! Opening night will be great. No plans to go myself as I don't see a show nearby so I will await your review!

I just heard on the radio that Steve Winwood is opening / the special guest, which I hadn't realised.

WildHearted 06-03-2014 11:45 AM

I really want to but I don't think he's coming here.

Richard B 06-03-2014 03:19 PM

Gonna see them at Outside Lands in SF. They headline Saturday night, although I didn't get the tickets to see them specifically, just a perk.

Macfanforever 06-04-2014 12:39 AM

I just got the TM+LN ticket notice in my email.I probably not go but I never know at the last minute .

He was great in 2006 when Stevie was with him.

olive 06-04-2014 06:27 AM

No unfortunately he's playing Fenway park here ... Not a good place to hear live music

ragrsrocalot 06-05-2014 02:45 PM

I went online the other day to purchase tickets for the MSG show. They had nothing but BS seats available, and what was left was only single seats. So if anymore tickets become available closer to the show, I hope to grab a few. Fingers crossed!

vivfox 06-13-2014 04:32 PM

In my neck of the woods they are offering a his new CD free with every ticket purchase. That's a great idea to get people to listen to your new music. Then you can perform the songs in concert and people will already be familiar with them. Awesome idea.

olive 06-14-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1132228)
In my neck of the woods they are offering a his new CD free with every ticket purchase. That's a great idea to get people to listen to your new music. Then you can perform the songs in concert and people will already be familiar with them. Awesome idea.

that depends for PRINCE you got a cd as you walked in for CHER it was by mail after the show

Macfanforever 06-15-2014 01:37 AM

Maybe the Mac should do this.:shocked:

I remember some country artists do handouts too.

Stevie and FM did that Best Buy CD collection years ago from the coupon the venue handed out.

jkmaletic 08-03-2014 03:19 PM

I think his new album rocks! We're seeing him tonight. (Sidenote-- "The Chain" just came on as I'm typing this) :laugh:

We got side-stage seats, 19th row up. Should be decent. Steve Winwood is opening. I'll let you guys know how it was. :D

~ Jamie

jkmaletic 08-04-2014 08:56 AM

As usual, great show!
He played 5 new songs. His band is just so tight.

Jamie