The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What happened to Carne (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16068)

Hawkeye 09-09-2004 01:06 PM

What happened to Carne

I haven't seen him around and I also heard people ask when he'll be "allowed" to come back. What happened. Was he kicked out or something? Remember I wasn't hear for awhile, so I missed whateve might've happened.

face of glass 09-09-2004 01:13 PM

While this is obviously also a private matter and discussing it in public might not do any good to the people involved, I would still like to hear from a moderator: has CarneVaca been banned from the Ledge permanently or not?

Mari 09-09-2004 01:14 PM

The other Tusk-survivorgame got out of hand a bit, which cost him a third strike. Apparently the mods still haven't decided whether he can come back or not. I say, bring him back!

amber 09-09-2004 01:17 PM

Yeah, I think Carne is rude, but I like him, and he's not offensively over the top rude, and i would hate to see someone banned, too. Course, I don't know what may have transpired privately between him and the Mods, so...I guess that's my two bit opinion :) :rolleyes:
AMber

Hawkeye 09-09-2004 01:27 PM

Well maybe Johhny Stew banned him to help knock out SMAP, and heh it worked, so lets bring him back now :laugh:

Bella Figura 09-09-2004 01:34 PM

drat!!! :confused:

go away for one summer and Carne finally gets banned, he has always skated on that edge but he was always interesting, never boring and knew his mac...it's always a shame when those Ledgies who are proven fans but may be belligerent at times hit the road...

I wish this three strikes rule had some expiration dates like the assault weapons bill...

diamondsnake 09-09-2004 01:37 PM

What's to stop him from just signing up again with a new screenname/email address?

And I liked Carne's posts.

face of glass 09-09-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondsnake
What's to stop him from just signing up again with a new screenname/email address?

They do monitor IP addresses around here: witness the case of 4Buck (aka AgainLindsey).

dissention 09-09-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Well maybe Johhny Stew banned him to help knock out SMAP, and heh it worked, so lets bring him back now :laugh:

That's what I thought. ;)

dissention 09-09-2004 01:45 PM

I don't see any reason why Carne shouldn't be allowed back. Like him (which I do) or not, there's no denying that he was a great asset to this place. It feels a bit weird without him, if I do say so myself.

amber 09-09-2004 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissention
I don't see any reason why Carne shouldn't be allowed back. Like him (which I do) or not, there's no denying that he was a great asset to this place. It feels a bit weird without him, if I do say so myself.

Yeah, it does feel weird...like, hardly anyone's getting insulted for their political or mac opinions, or being called ignorant....it's just not as exciting... :distress:
AMber

stefan 09-09-2004 02:23 PM

All I`d like to add is:

Come on now folks, bring back that dude soon!

strandinthewind 09-09-2004 02:26 PM

I, for one, would like Carne back because Dissention is just too easily beat and/or thrashed soundly in a debate :wavey: :wavey: . Now Carne was some real competition, even though he too was easily trampled upon!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:angel: :rolleyes:

dissention 09-09-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Yeah, it does feel weird...like, hardly anyone's getting insulted for their political or mac opinions, or being called ignorant....it's just not as exciting... :distress:
AMber

Haven't you read my posts lately, darling? :laugh:

dissention 09-09-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I, for one, would like Carne back because Dissention is just too easily beat and/or thrashed soundly in a debate :wavey: :wavey: . Now Carne was some real competition, even though he too was easily trampled upon!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:angel: :rolleyes:

Europe, my ass. You went to Fantasy Land. ;)