The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac and Eagles planning New York and L.A. festivals for 2017 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56896)

JimSATX 03-02-2017 02:02 PM

Fleetwood Mac and Eagles planning New York and L.A. festivals for 2017

From Billboard.com:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...rk-los-angeles

FuzzyPlum 03-02-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimSATX (Post 1202218)

Oh. So I guess that pretty much confirms the tour is off until next year then?
'The coast shows are the only dates Fleetwood Mac has scheduled for 2017, says a source'
I hope this doesn't include reference to Buckingham-McVie.

Ench 03-02-2017 03:46 PM

It's going to take more than this to make me believe it.

Quote:

Representatives for Eagles and Fleetwood Mac did not immediately reply to requests for comment.
No confirmation from Don H = I still think it's unlikely to happen.
I shudder to think what the ticket price would be.

olive 03-02-2017 04:02 PM

i can see fleetwood mac getting together to play the oldies for for a pay check but if the Eagles do it it's would be disrespectful ( for a lack of a kinder word )

Don Henley says the Eagles are done. It was always Glenn Frey’s band.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html

Macfan4life 03-02-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1202223)
i can see fleetwood mac getting together to play the oldies for for a pay check but if the Eagles do it it's would be disrespectful ( for a lack of a kinder word )

Don Henley says the Eagles are done. It was always Glenn Frey’s band.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html

Don has been waffling on this. In September he said he was open to touring if Glenn's son would join the band. 2 months later he walked back the comment. It tells me people are throwing money at them to tour one more time.

I actually hope the big tour is delayed one year. That would give time to Buckhingham/MvVie to hit the road. I always believed that Buckhingham/McVie would not tour because there was not time to do so. I don't seen them scrambling doing a short tour to run and join a huge tour. It sucks the tour already missed the 40th anniversary of the release of Rumours but I would LOVE a year of Buckhingham/McVie before the monster farewell tour. This miracle of an album happened. Lets not release it and then not properly promote it. I want to soak up every minute. And yes I am hoping for a tour.
The article mentions 2 stadium festival dates. I don't see either band touring around such a festival.

SteveMacD 03-02-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1202220)
Oh. So I guess that pretty much confirms the tour is off until next year then?
'The coast shows are the only dates Fleetwood Mac has scheduled for 2017, says a source'
I hope this doesn't include reference to Buckingham-McVie.

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's all that's scheduled as of right now. That could always change.

SuiteShangriLa 03-02-2017 08:35 PM

even if this does happen, anyone wanting to go is gonna be paying $1,000's

secret love 03-02-2017 09:53 PM

Um, excuse me, it's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey! What the **** are they thinking?

BombaySapphire3 03-02-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1202241)
Um, excuse me, it's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey! What the **** are they thinking?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ what else:shrug:

BLY 03-02-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1202241)

Exactly.....The Eagles are done.

secret love 03-02-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1202225)
Don has been waffling on this. In September he said he was open to touring if Glenn's son would join the band. 2 months later he walked back the comment. It tells me people are throwing money at them to tour one more time.

I actually hope the big tour is delayed one year. That would give time to Buckhingham/MvVie to hit the road. I always believed that Buckhingham/McVie would not tour because there was not time to do so. I don't seen them scrambling doing a short tour to run and join a huge tour. It sucks the tour already missed the 40th anniversary of the release of Rumours but I would LOVE a year of Buckhingham/McVie before the monster farewell tour. This miracle of an album happened. Lets not release it and then not properly promote it. I want to soak up every minute. And yes I am hoping for a tour.
The article mentions 2 stadium festival dates. I don't see either band touring around such a festival.

Mark my words, Buckingham McVie will not tour.

How could they tour with Mick and John and not call themselves Fleetwood Mac?

And if they did tour without Mick and John, who would they hire to be their rhythm section? They could have the best rhythm section in the world but if they did, imagine the controversy. It would be mini Mac. Stevie would not be happy.

HomerMcvie 03-02-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1202242)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ what else:shrug:

If any of them needs the money, then they're bigger idiots than Mick!

BombaySapphire3 03-03-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1202247)
If any of them needs the money, then they're bigger idiots than Mick!

It's not need it 's greed.:laugh:

Macfan4life 03-03-2017 05:48 AM

I agree its hard to go on without Glenn Frey. Can you imagine if Don Felder came back for the tour though? That is the only way I see them going on. Then again, Fleetwood Mac went on without Lindsey and NO ONE thought that was possible. The Mac even rolled on without Christine.
If the big final Mac tour is pushed til next year I think its a real possibility of a Buckhingham/McVie tour. And if it happens, I am prepared to spend $1000 for a front row seat :)

BlanketMan 03-03-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1202257)
I agree its hard to go on without Glenn Frey. Can you imagine if Don Felder came back for the tour though? That is the only way I see them going on. Then again, Fleetwood Mac went on without Lindsey and NO ONE thought that was possible. The Mac even rolled on without Christine.
If the big final Mac tour is pushed til next year I think its a real possibility of a Buckhingham/McVie tour. And if it happens, I am prepared to spend $1000 for a front row seat :)

I agree, they'd have to bring Felder back to even call it the Eagles at this point. Henley, Walsh, and Schmit just wouldn't be the Eagles. Sure, you can get away with touring with a line-up of unknowns if you're the Vogues, but not the Eagles, or the Mac for that matter. I thought bringing in Jackson Browne for the Grammies performance was a good idea - he was around them a lot during the early years, and would be a suitable replacement for Frey - but they didn't sound great. I'm sure some more rehearsing would resolve that.

Curious to see if this rumor is true...