The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looking forward to 2018 tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57615)

nicepace 11-22-2017 10:54 AM

Not really. I would much prefer another BuckVie tour accompanying another duo album from the two of them.

Stevie should continue with solo touring. That makes her fans happy.

HomerMcvie 11-22-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1218820)
I don't mind a quick story. But that Gypsy story was nails on a chalkboard. I did like the story after the show about how her spirit catcher brought Christine back.. :rolleyes::lol::wavey:

Dear lort!

Wanna know WHY I hate her? THAT STORY is why I hate her! "Her spirit catcher brought Christine back".

What a freaking loon!

jbrownsjr 11-22-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 1218824)
Not really. I would much prefer another BuckVie tour accompanying another duo album from the two of them.

Stevie should continue with solo touring. That makes her fans happy.

I wouldn't mind a solo album from Stevie. Not re-hashed demos.. but new writing. I bet it would be good.

No more 24 Karen Gold

jbrownsjr 11-22-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1218825)
Dear lort!

Wanna know WHY I hate her? THAT STORY is why I hate her! "Her spirit catcher brought Christine back".

What a freaking loon!

She does love to make everything about her.

aleuzzi 11-22-2017 12:42 PM

Stevie's the big draw. The bulk of the audience is there for her and for her fake interactions with Lindsey and for her dream catcher and gypsy stories and for her shawls. And she can still put on a good show--just not a terribly creative or innovative one. I WAS surprised and pleased about "Gold Dust Woman" from the On With the Show tour. But I could live a full and happy life if I never heard them play Landslide, Dreams, Never Going Back Again and Songbird again. The whole setlist has become so tiresome.

Not so with the Buckvie tours. And no so when Stevie is on her own. "They're better off apart, let's give it a try..."

jbrownsjr 11-22-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1218829)
Stevie's the big draw. The bulk of the audience is there for her and for her fake interactions with Lindsey and for her dream catcher and gypsy stories and for her shawls. And she can still put on a good show--just not a terribly creative or innovative one. I WAS surprised and pleased about "Gold Dust Woman" from the On With the Show tour. But I could live a full and happy life if I never heard them play Landslide, Dreams, Never Going Back Again and Songbird again. The whole setlist has become so tiresome.

Not so with the Buckvie tours. And no so when Stevie is on her own. "They're better off apart, let's give it a try..."

What's nice is the medium and low draw. That BuckVie show in front of 6K at a crazy sold out Greek was unreal. I paid $150 out the door for a few rows back and I can't remember enjoying a show that much.

Big draws are great for the 75 Million pay off, but it doesn't necessarily inform the music. You get a big screen and over priced seats. And the promoters pay for the setlist blah...

I think BuckVie are on to something. They still get albums and have a cult following.. it's PERFECT.. ;)

FuzzyPlum 11-22-2017 01:40 PM

I'm not excited at all about another Fleetwood Mac tour. The only thing I'd find interesting is if they confirmed they'd headline the Glastonbury festival. I'll probably go but I'll only shell out for cheap seats... no breaking the bank this time.
Otherwise I'd be much more excited if BuckVie brought their show to the UK. For that I would go all out for good tickets.

Macfan4life 11-22-2017 02:17 PM

I hate to say this. I saw Stevie solo in 2017 and Buckingham McVie solo in 2017. Each concert was incredible. One complaint about each performance. Stevie cutting 2 of her most epic verses ever written from Edge of 17 and no Christine solo work on the Buck/McVie tour. But each concert was excellent. Maybe they truly are better off apart :eek:

secondhandchain 11-22-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1218832)
I hate to say this. I saw Stevie solo in 2017 and Buckingham McVie solo in 2017. Each concert was incredible. One complaint about each performance. Stevie cutting 2 of her most epic verses ever written from Edge of 17 and no Christine solo work on the Buck/McVie tour. But each concert was excellent. Maybe they truly are better off apart :eek:

Of course they are. As the years go by Stevie becomes more and more insufferable. She used to be very gracious about Lindsey, not anymore. You notice how he doesn't go down to her level? Some will be mad at me for what I am saying but she brought all the negativity on this board on herself.

elle 11-22-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1218833)
Of course they are. As the years go by Stevie becomes more and more insufferable. She used to be very gracious about Lindsey, not anymore. You notice how he doesn't go down to her level? Some will be mad at me for what I am saying but she brought all the negativity on this board on herself.

;) as our resident Lindsey-hater mitzo would say: he can do no wrong. :angel: :thumbsup:

button-lip 11-22-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1218833)

He never went down to her level. She does what she does to catch his attention. I think he used to care about it. Since BuckVie, not anymore. And that's what bothers her. :nod:

mitzo 11-22-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1218836)
;) as our resident Lindsey-hater mitzo would say: he can do no wrong. :angel: :thumbsup:

Lol not a hater, Elle, just feeling that neither Stevie nor Lindsey are victims or perfect.

jbrownsjr 11-22-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1218838)
Lol not a hater, Elle, just feeling that neither Stevie nor Lindsey are victims or perfect.

I definitely agree with that. Both are far from perfect. All we can do now is enjoy what's left of their time here making music for us fans.

It's true...

elle 11-22-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1218838)

don't think you'll find much disagreement with that on this board (that's why band member worshipers hate it here!).

and, we all know only Christine is Perfect! :xoxo: :cool::thumbsup:

jbrownsjr 11-22-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1218841)
don't think you'll find much disagreement with that on this board (that's why band member worshipers hate it here!).

and, we all know only Christine is Perfect! :xoxo: :cool::thumbsup:

You bet your stuffed turkey she is!