The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   %#$@! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=26092)

catinthedark 03-25-2006 11:49 PM

%#$@!

can someone remind the idiot over here how to post a photo please?

:o thanks

i'm so embarrassed

BTFLCHLD 03-25-2006 11:52 PM

dont be

ok so you can either use www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com

or

when you reply thread you will note further down the page is a button "manage attachments" and you can upload a picture that way.

catinthedark 03-25-2006 11:55 PM

k... i remember there was also a way i used to do it where i copied the properties of a photo on my hard drive, then put something like [img] on either end of it? does tihs ring a bell?

i'm so technically challenged :(

Miss Vicky 03-26-2006 12:07 AM

Copy the properties of the photo you want to post, then click on the little icon on the tool bar of the reply window (the icon is a little yellow picture of mountains) and paste the properties into the window that pops up.

You can also use simple html formatting on this board.

catinthedark 03-26-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Copy the properties of the photo you want to post, then click on the little icon on the tool bar of the reply window (the icon is a little yellow picture of mountains) and paste the properties into the window that pops up.

You can also use simple html formatting on this board.

thank you! i'll give it a try. :)

Miss Vicky 03-26-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catinthedark
thank you! i'll give it a try. :)

Oh yeah.. I probably should have asked, are you wanting to post a pic in a reply or in your signature?

If you want it in your sig, you have to use regular html. Otherwise use the instructions above.

DavidMn 03-26-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD
dont be

ok so you can either use www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com

or

when you reply thread you will note further down the page is a button "manage attachments" and you can upload a picture that way.

Trust me, she's helped me a ton, so she knows what shes talking about!:wavey:

catinthedark 03-26-2006 11:29 PM

well, i got it to work for the pics from other websites (thanks!) - but couldn't quite figure it out for pics from my own harddrive (i think i need to upload them to a photo sharing url and then do it). am i close?

David 03-26-2006 11:38 PM

Quote:

well, i got it to work for the pics from other websites (thanks!) - but couldn't quite figure it out for pics from my own harddrive (i think i need to upload them to a photo sharing url and then do it). am i close?

Yeah, cat. That's why it won't work. The photos need to be uploaded to a photo-hosting site first, & then you can post them here. The Ledge can't "locate" your own hard disk drive; it needs to be able to access a Web page/URL.

catinthedark 03-26-2006 11:43 PM

^^ cool - thanks. i am, in some ways, so technologically behind the times. :o

DavidMn 03-27-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

^^ cool - thanks. i am, in some ways, so technologically behind the times. :o

Dont feel bad. SO am I.:o