The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hold Me will be performed on Buckingham McVie tour!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57269)

elle 06-19-2017 04:43 PM

Hold Me will be performed on Buckingham McVie tour!!

from http://music.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19...stain-june-21/ -

The set list, she said, will include eight songs from the new record and many of the classic Fleetwood Mac hits that she sang including “Everywhere” and the 1982 hit “Hold Me,” which was not included on the most recent Fleetwood Mac tour.

Elliefw 06-19-2017 04:51 PM

Aw ye beat me to it! ;)

Macfan4life 06-19-2017 05:15 PM

Its great news but it really should not come as a surprise. They practiced it for the On With The Show tour rehearsals. Its the perfect opportunity to perform it live since they are a duo and sing together on the song.

UnwindedDreams 06-19-2017 05:23 PM

The point was raised about it being rehearsed for the 14 Tour - I remember reading that it was going to be performed then in USA Today I think. I guess they're planning to do it this tour as an offering to the audience for hearing 8 new songs.

elle 06-19-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliefw (Post 1212132)
Aw ye beat me to it! ;)

:sorry:

i really hope it does happen - that would be incredible!! (considering they rehearsed it and then dropped it the last minute for OWTS tour)

bwboy 06-19-2017 07:02 PM

Hold Me would be a nice surprise, but totally appropriate. I think it would be awesome if they performed Got a Hold on Me, too. This lineup has a great opportunity to include some real surprises in their set list, so I hope they take advantage of their wealth of material.

elle 06-19-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1212150)
Hold Me would be a nice surprise, but totally appropriate. I think it would be awesome if they performed Got a Hold on Me, too. This lineup has a great opportunity to include some real surprises in their set list, so I hope they take advantage of their wealth of material.

what shows are you going to bwboy?

jbrownsjr 06-19-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1212150)

You going to Dayton, BW? Not a far trek from NE Ohio.

RockyRaccoon 06-19-2017 08:36 PM

I would love for them to do Isn't It Midnight. That's another McVie/Buckingham gem that hasn't been played in a long time. In fact, I don't think Lindsey has ever even played it live at all.

bwboy 06-19-2017 08:46 PM

I'm really torn about going. I had the same reaction to On With the Show and 24 Karat Gold, but ultimately decided to skip them both. If I go, it would be to the Huber Heights show Aug 8. It's only about 2 and 1/2 hours away.

I've seen FM 4 times and SN 3 times, so even though I'm a big fan, since I've seen them several times, I kind of feel like I have to be really, really close to the stage to be motivated to see them again. But I have to admit, this looks to be quite different from their usual show, so I'm very tempted. I've always wanted to see Lindsey solo, so this would be the next best thing. It's like for every pro, there's a con (for example, a more intimate venue, but it's a Tuesday night). It may come down to the set list. But I am really looking forward to reading everyone's reactions and thoughts!

bombaysaffires 06-19-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon (Post 1212162)
I would love for them to do Isn't It Midnight. That's another McVie/Buckingham gem that hasn't been played in a long time. In fact, I don't think Lindsey has ever even played it live at all.

I would love to see this live!

But then I have to wonder, is it too close to Carnival Begin for them to do it? The structure of the songs is similar, with the verses/choruses Christine and then the whole last half a searing solo by Lindsey. Carnival Begin does the same thing. Would Isn't It Midnight steal too much thunder from a new song??

BombaySapphire3 06-19-2017 08:50 PM

Hold Me seems like it is kind of difficult to do live I noticed that when I saw them perform on the Mirage tour.I also think Christine actually pulled it off well on her 1984 solo tour but I had much closer seats for that .Glad to see it brought back.

jbrownsjr 06-19-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1212167)
Hold Me seems like it is kind of difficult to do live I noticed that when I saw them perform on the Mirage tour.I also think Christine actually pulled it off well on her 1984 solo tour but I had much closer seats for that .Glad to see it brought back.

I agree, it was 1000 times better on her solo tour than the Mirage tour.

She refined it and it rocked a lot harder.

~*BellaDonna*~ 06-19-2017 10:24 PM

Awesome! :thumbsup:

SteveMacD 06-19-2017 10:24 PM

I think the Time band could have done a great job with it (and IDWTK).