The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Waddy & Stevie in 2016 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55812)

mitzo 01-04-2016 10:41 AM

Waddy & Stevie in 2016

Saw this on JoelGausten.com, dating from June 2015:

Wachtel's increasingly full plate for the rest of 2015 includes creating music for the upcoming comedy Joe Dirt 2. As for 2016, he's looking forward to resuming his work with a dear friend.

“I get my Stevie back!” he says. “We did an album that nobody's heard. We went to Nashville, and Dave Stewart and I co-produced it with Stevie. We cut some great tracks and finished out a beautiful record, and then Christine [McVie] decided to come back to [Fleetwood Mac], so our record just got trampled. At first, I was very upset about it, but after a long talk with Stevie one night, I realized, 'Oh, yeah, that's a good thing because once this whole Fleetwood Mac thing is done, we can release the better tunes on that record and tour behind it now and have a clear road in front of us.'”

gldstwmn 01-04-2016 01:34 PM

Well that's it then. Jimmy Paxson and Al Ortiz have both said they are touring this year. So I guess now we know. It's just a matter of the dates being released. :woohoo:

louielouie2000 01-04-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1177125)
we can release the better tunes on that record and tour behind it now and have a clear road in front of us

I wonder what he means by that? :shrug:

BlueLight 01-04-2016 02:24 PM

Fantastic! His comments echo those he made in his interview with guitar.com last year:

https://www.guitar.com/articles/wadd...icks-pat-mcgee

Guitar.com: I figured it was something along those lines. And are you working with Stevie Nicks these days?

Waddy: Well I will be. At this point Stevie is on the road with Fleetwood.

Guitar.com: Yeah, I mean when she's done with that.

Waddy: Oh yeah. We have every intention of getting back on the road and promoting the record we made, that no one has heard yet.

Guitar.com: And you'll be serving as musical director?

Waddy: Sure, yeah. Definitely. I just spoke to her the day before yesterday, and she's looking forward to it very much, as I am. We made a great record and no one has heard it yet.

Guitar.com: Right, you've got to get out there.

Waddy: Yeah. Well just timing-wise, it didn't work out, because Christine coming back into the band (Fleetwood Mac) precluded everything, because as soon as the promoters heard about it, every show was sold out.

Guitar.com: Of course.

Waddy: And now they're out there killin', so it's great. But we'll be back early next year, probably.

Macfan4life 01-04-2016 02:47 PM

Slow down Waddy
Stevie has a full album to record with the Mac ;)

olive 01-04-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1177135)
Slow down Waddy
Stevie has a full album to record with the Mac ;)

I'm sure she can record vocals for the 2 songs maybe 3 in a week

Macfan4life 01-04-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1177139)
I'm sure she can record vocals for the 2 songs maybe 3 in a week

I cant tell if you are being funny or sarcastic or serious ;)
I was hoping for another White Album, Rumours, or even Say You Will when all members are working hard in the studio to create a masterpiece. I sure don't want another Tango where Stevie is sending in demos from the road and commits a few days here and there :eek:
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The last Mac album especially having Christine back and all 5 members back. I hope they take the time they need to make it great. Who would have ever thought this would ever happen again. Lightening strikes........maybe once......maybe twice.

Stevie sings the same 10 songs live on every tour. I would much rather have a sensational Mac album with 4 songs a piece.

MikeInNV 01-04-2016 06:01 PM

Interesting, because I was just about to post that I saw that Jimmy Paxson is touring with the Dixie Chicks this year. Between that and Mick's hinting that there is lots to come from Fleetwood Mac in 2016, I didn't think there would be any solo Stevie stuff this year.

olive 01-04-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1177142)
I cant tell if you are being funny or sarcastic or serious ;)
I was hoping for another White Album, Rumours, or even Say You Will when all members are working hard in the studio to create a masterpiece. I sure don't want another Tango where Stevie is sending in demos from the road and commits a few days here and there :eek:
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. The last Mac album especially having Christine back and all 5 members back. I hope they take the time they need to make it great. Who would have ever thought this would ever happen again. Lightening strikes........maybe once......maybe twice.

Stevie sings the same 10 songs live on every tour. I would much rather have a sensational Mac album with 4 songs a piece.

how long did it take to do 24 K , she can do it.

michelej1 01-04-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1177132)

Yes, me too. Does it mean that he didn't like Lady as a single?

People here made a good point about Blue Water being a good single, because of Lady Antebellum and that can still happen.

Michele

KarmaContestant 01-05-2016 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1177132)

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1177148)
Yes, me too. Does it mean that he didn't like Lady as a single?

People here made a good point about Blue Water being a good single, because of Lady Antebellum and that can still happen.

Michele

I almost wonder if it's a misunderstanding. Could the transcriber have misread / misunderstood Waddy saying rehearse? As in, "we'll rehearse the better tunes" from the perspective of a live show.

iamnotafraid 01-05-2016 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1177155)
I almost wonder if it's a misunderstanding. Could the transcriber have misread / misunderstood Waddy saying rehearse? As in, "we'll rehearse the better tunes" from the perspective of a live show.

I'm thinking like you.

What artist has ever released the culls first and then decided to
release "better" songs later from the same sessions?

Macfan4life 01-05-2016 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1177144)
how long did it take to do 24 K , she can do it.

I know she can do it. She has done it before. 24K is a good album but I wish she would have spent more time on it. Its pretty much the demos re-recorded. Some of the songs like All the beautiful worlds sound better in their original form. Some time and creativity could have made the album better IMHO. One reason why Say You Will is so good is the amount of time the entire band spent on recording it ALL TOGETHER.
Stevie may do a short US Tour that may not impact the new album so much. I just don't get excited about Stevie solo tours anymore. The set list is half of what it should be and there is little variation in the songs. I guess I am so excited about the new album that I want it to be perfect. I still cant believe its happening.

michelej1 01-05-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1177158)
I'm thinking like you.

What artist has ever released the culls first and then decided to
release "better" songs later from the same sessions?

Maybe Stevie (or the record company) and Waddy had different ideas about which were the "better" songs. I can't help focus on the fact that better is a comparative term. I mean, if he said, "we'll rehearse the best songs" that would be one thing. But when you say "better," it indicates that there are some songs on there he thought were worse.

Waddy's making sure you "don't buy that doll."

But it doesn't matter, because no one cares about singles (unless we're talking Adeles and Taylors). Just maybe make another song into a video that can get talked about on social media and go out on tour with about 5 songs from 24K, whether good, better or best.

Michele

James89 01-05-2016 07:03 PM

Stevie kept touring IYD because she said that not enough people had heard the album, in other words, to help sales.

Well it only worked a very small amount because IYD sold an extra 50,000 in the US from September 2011 to September 2014.

50,000 copies in 3 years when she tried hard to promote the album through the tour and the DVD is not very good at all so I really hope Stevie's lot don't think that the album is going to get a new lease of life and suddenly people will listen to it because they just won't.

Maybe she will do a successful but short tour including songs from 24KG but there is no way that the album will get a second chance, no way.

Stevie, accept that 24KG got mixed up with the Mac tour and PLEASE concentrate on the new 2016 Mac album. :)