The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I like trees, do you? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=31568)

trackaghost 03-01-2007 04:54 PM

I like trees, do you?

Aren't trees cool?

http://www.djangomusic.com/images/co...35143AD2IO.jpg

Please let me know whether you like trees or not and if you do which is your fave!

Edit: if you are in any doubt of how awesome trees can be check out this link of the 10 Most Magnificent Trees In The World

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/21/...-in-the-world/

DrummerDeanna 03-01-2007 04:56 PM

I love trees! But I'm sad to admit that I've never really learned the different types of trees.

Like if you were to put different trees in front of me, I couldn't properly identify each. Aside from "Weeping Willow"...I'm tree ignorant. But I love them :D

skcin 03-01-2007 04:57 PM

I love them too. Oak trees are pretty cool. I also like a tree that has a skinny trunk, but its leafy top spreads out really wide & the branches are kind of gnarled & crooked. I don't know what they're called, I'm sure there are several different kinds that do this.

I do not like maple trees. Because of the helicopters/whirlies they drop to spread the seeds.

Sarah 03-01-2007 04:59 PM

I like all trees.

...Except for Bradford Pears, which I moderately dislike. When they bloom, they stink like rotting fish. Disgusting.

trackaghost 03-01-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 656442)
I love trees! But I'm sad to admit that I've never really learned the different types of trees.

Like if you were to put different trees in front of me, I couldn't properly identify each. Aside from "Weeping Willow"...I'm tree ignorant. But I love them :D

Deanna I'm also tree ignorant, don't feel bad! But I find them pleasing to look at (or sit under).
When I was a kid our neighbour had a beautiful garden filled with trees but when they moved a new family moved in and the first thing they did was cut down all the trees! I don't know, it really made me sad. Then they complained that the trees in our garden were "blocking the view" (to what? our windows?).
Sadly not everyone likes trees. :(

carrie721 03-01-2007 05:07 PM

i love trees. and paula - that's WHY maples are so cool! loser. :D

DrummerDeanna 03-01-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 656449)
Deanna I'm also tree ignorant, don't feel bad! But I find them pleasing to look at (or sit under).
When I was a kid our neighbour had a beautiful garden filled with trees but when they moved a new family moved in and the first thing they did was cut down all the trees! I don't know, it really made me sad. Then they complained that the trees in our garden were "blocking the view" (to what? our windows?).
Sadly not everyone likes trees. :(

Oh good - I always thought I was a lone tree-ignoramous...good to know there are others :p

When I was a kid my grandparents had this big beautiful tree in their backyard...huge, big green leaves. Then the built a pool, the tree was near it, great shad tree - but then my grandpa decided to chop it down because the leaves were falling into the pool and affecting the chlorination :distress:

I've never gotten over that...they turned the stump into a table.

trackaghost 03-01-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 656463)
Oh good - I always thought I was a lone tree-ignoramous...good to know there are others :p

When I was a kid my grandparents had this big beautiful tree in their backyard...huge, big green leaves. Then the built a pool, the tree was near it, great shad tree - but then my grandpa decided to chop it down because the leaves were falling into the pool and affecting the chlorination :distress:

I've never gotten over that...they turned the stump into a table.

I lied I know everything there is to know about trees and more! hahahaha!
Not really :p

Anyway, that is a sad tree story :( although tree stump tables are pretty cool you must admit.

DrummerDeanna 03-01-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 656496)
Anyway, that is a sad tree story :( although tree stump tables are pretty cool you must admit.

Not when a white plastic table top complete with umbrella is put on top of it :lol:

But hey...my grandpa also used to sit on the porch and shoot cats with a bb gun if they tried to pee anywhere near the pool - the man was no great environmentalist or anything...

DavidMn 03-01-2007 05:53 PM

This reminds me of the most insane question asked as Super Bowl media day. Back in the 80's, Downtown Julie Brown actually went up to a player and asked the following question: "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?":confused: :lol:

foxyluva 03-01-2007 05:58 PM

Im quite fond of the Totara tree

amber 03-01-2007 06:04 PM

I'm glad you put an exclamation point next to the thread title, or I wouldn't have realized how dramatic, suprising, and important this thread was.

Pine trees rule (no, I'm not sure which type) because they're like ladders. In other words, perfect for climbing way to the top. Then you cling and sway. Also Ideal for forts. Pretty sappy, though, which you don't really care about cause they're such good climbin'.
Taken from Amber's "Excerpts From My Idyllic Outdoor Childhood".

trackaghost 03-01-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna (Post 656498)
Not when a white plastic table top complete with umbrella is put on top of it :lol:

But hey...my grandpa also used to sit on the porch and shoot cats with a bb gun if they tried to pee anywhere near the pool - the man was no great environmentalist or anything...

:laugh: Damn, my beautiful vision of a rustic tree stump table ruined!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 656499)
This reminds me of the most insane question asked as Super Bowl media day. Back in the 80's, Downtown Julie Brown actually went up to a player and asked the following question: "If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?":confused: :lol:

So the question is: what tree would you be David?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxyluva (Post 656503)
Im quite fond of the Totara tree

Picture please Michael! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 656513)
I'm glad you put an exclamation point next to the thread title, or I wouldn't have realized how dramatic, suprising, and important this thread was.

I thought of putting the heart or the thumbs up but I wanted to convey the drama of trees. It's good don't ya think? Although now I see the lightbulb...

carrie721 03-01-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 656515)
I thought of putting the heart or the thumbs up but I wanted to be a little more dramatic. It's good don't ya think? Although now I see the lightbulb...

don't worry, sharon, you can also use them for each subsequent post! use them always, because every one of your posts is so important!

foxyluva 03-01-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackaghost (Post 656515)
Picture please Michael! :D

http://www.backpack-newzealand.com/b...ora/totara.jpg

Its a very sacred tree to New Zealand :nod: