The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine is working on a new album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52726)

The Catdancer 10-01-2013 12:45 AM

Christine is working on a new album

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...ng-on-new.html

Former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie working on new solo album marking a return to her 70's sound.

Former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks of My Years
Monday 07 October 2013
BBC Radio 2 - Ken Bruce

This week, former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks Of My Years and she opens with a classic Beach Boys song from their groundbreaking album Pet Sounds along with a Steely Dan track featured on their acclaimed long player Gaucho. Plus there's the Record and Album Of The Week and the Monday round of PopMaster. Christine McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970 while married to founder member John McVie. She left the band in 1998 shortly after Fleetwood Mac was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Christine is currently working on new solo material which is planned for a forthcoming album which she describes as marking a return to her musical sound from the seventies.

Tune in to BBC Radio 2 - Ken Bruce 9:30am
Posted by Nickslive at 9/30/2013 11:19:00 pm
Labels: Christine McVie

mylittledemon 10-01-2013 03:09 AM

Jesus H. Christ, Christine! Just get back together with the Mac and give us what we want! :mad:

;)

applebucked 10-01-2013 03:35 AM

Christine is really stepping out of her retirement cave. More for us!

Ulpian 10-01-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Catdancer (Post 1105776)
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...ng-on-new.html

Former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie working on new solo album marking a return to her 70's sound.

Former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks of My Years
Monday 07 October 2013
BBC Radio 2 - Ken Bruce

This week, former Fleetwood Mac band member Christine McVie chooses the Tracks Of My Years and she opens with a classic Beach Boys song from their groundbreaking album Pet Sounds along with a Steely Dan track featured on their acclaimed long player Gaucho. Plus there's the Record and Album Of The Week and the Monday round of PopMaster. Christine McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970 while married to founder member John McVie. She left the band in 1998 shortly after Fleetwood Mac was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Christine is currently working on new solo material which is planned for a forthcoming album which she describes as marking a return to her musical sound from the seventies.

Tune in to BBC Radio 2 - Ken Bruce 9:30am
Posted by Nickslive at 9/30/2013 11:19:00 pm
Labels: Christine McVie

AMAZING!

:lol:

I am happy with a solo album, particularly if that's what makes her feel happy too ;)

macfan 57 10-01-2013 04:07 AM

WOW!!! What a way to start my day. I had a feeling something was up & not only just because of those 2 shows in London. She's had a bunch of other public appearances & interviews this year.

By the way, does anyone know how to record this show and hopefully that Johnny Walker show when it airs? I'm in the US. I'd like to download these shows to add to my collection.

applebucked 10-01-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 1105786)
WOW!!! What a way to start my day. I had a feeling something was up & not only just because of those 2 shows in London. She's had a bunch of other public appearances & interviews this year.

By the way, does anyone know how to record this show and hopefully that Johnny Walker show when it airs? I'm in the US. I'd like to download these shows to add to my collection.

I'm from the Philippines, and can access the shows through the Radio 2 website. Maybe you can too.

I had a feeling something was up too.

seanthompson 10-01-2013 05:02 AM

Absolutely ridiculous. The Mac has an almost complete album in the can she could bring that 70's sound to and make a final Fleetwood Mac album. So disappointing the band can't work together. I'm sure her music will be excellent, and I will just mix her songs into Fleetwood Mac songs on a playlist. I so wanted to hear the three of them harmonizing again. Not happy. :mad:

applebucked 10-01-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthompson (Post 1105790)
Absolutely ridiculous. The Mac has an almost complete album in the can she could bring that 79's sound to and make a final Fleetwood Mac album. So disappointing the band can't work together. I'm sure her music will be excellent, and I will just mix her songs into Fleetwood Mac songs on a playlist. I so wanted to hear the three of them harmonizing again. Not happy. :mad:

I blame certain members for that. Actually, two of them.

I'm just happy she's doing music again. :D

Dex 10-01-2013 05:43 AM

Generally I'm not that much of a fan of Chris's solo work. I like it ok but I never tend to listen to it. However, this means she's really artistically engaged and excited about something in her own life, and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Good for you, Christine. I hope the album rocks.

applebucked 10-01-2013 05:50 AM

I enjoyed all three of her albums, so this makes me all so giddy.

ejb1969 10-01-2013 05:57 AM

I was so happy to see this! Great way to wake up!:]

macfan 57 10-01-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applebucked (Post 1105787)
I'm from the Philippines, and can access the shows through the Radio 2 website. Maybe you can too.

I had a feeling something was up too.

I know I can listen to the show, but can you download it? I'd like to download it & burn it to CD.

jbrownsjr 10-01-2013 06:16 AM

This is most fantastic!! :thumbsup:

applebucked 10-01-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57 (Post 1105805)
I know I can listen to the show, but can you download it? I'd like to download it & burn it to CD.

I use Internet Download Manager to download from streaming sites. There's a free trial for it, but you can get it through *cough* other means *cough*
Usually I put the files on my external drive.

WildHearted 10-01-2013 07:38 AM

If she's not recording with Fleetwood Mac because of the ridiculous touring debacle, I'm flying myself to their next concert and protesting in the street.

That said, this makes me so unbelievably happy. You go, Christine.