The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why so few Stevie songs on their albums? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56887)

FuzzyPlum 03-01-2017 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1202152)
Except it was a minor hit in Europe.

I'd say it was much more than a minor hit in the UK. It was only the second top 10 single and one of only 5 top tens in total from this line up in the UK.

Given a choice between Oh Diane and Empire State...I'd gladly take Oh Diane any day.

jbrownsjr 03-05-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1202161)
I'd say it was much more than a minor hit in the UK. It was only the second top 10 single and one of only 5 top tens in total from this line up in the UK.

Given a choice between Oh Diane and Empire State...I'd gladly take Oh Diane any day.

I may be the only person that enjoys Empire State. It's so Law and Order.. lol

HomerMcvie 03-05-2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1202454)

Nope. I've never understood the hate it gets. Not my favorite, but far from my least! Oh Diane, I get it(the hate). The Popeye song, too.

SisterNightroad 03-05-2017 07:18 PM

Personally I've reevaluated Empire State a lot after hearing the demo out of last year's Mirage reissue.

jbrownsjr 03-05-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1202460)
Personally I've reevaluated Empire State a lot after hearing the demo out of last year's Mirage reissue.

That helped it for me, too.

michelej1 03-05-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1202454)

It's a fine song. It doesn't make me avert my eyes like Family Man, that's for sure.

Michele

jbrownsjr 03-05-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1202478)
It's a fine song. It doesn't make me avert my eyes like Family Man, that's for sure.

Michele

The guitar on Family Man sucks me in. Just like it does with Slow Dancing.. (at the end) I feel there should have been an extended version of Slow Dancing with that acoustic guitar continuing.

SisterNightroad 03-06-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1202461)
That helped it for me, too.

I think it is one of the few examples in which Lindsey's production can mar a song instead of embellish it.

michelej1 03-06-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1202480)
The guitar on Family Man sucks me in. Just like it does with Slow Dancing.. (at the end) I feel there should have been an extended version of Slow Dancing with that acoustic guitar continuing.

I love Slow Dancing.

Thinking of songs that I wish had an extended version, Northern Star would be one of them.

Michele

jbrownsjr 03-06-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1202549)
I love Slow Dancing.

Thinking of songs that I wish had an extended version, Northern Star would be one of them.

Michele

I love Northern Star!! Yes, I wish she had indulged more in the keyboard solo, too.

hmmm extended versions... I always thought Forgiveness could have been extended .. at the end when she sings, "and the spell that you cast......

Macfan4life 03-08-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1202549)
I love Slow Dancing.

Michele

I think Slow Dancing would have charted better than Go Insane as the first single. The video was better too.

bombaysaffires 03-08-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1202612)
I think Slow Dancing would have charted better than Go Insane as the first single. The video was better too.

:eek: :eek:

jbrownsjr 03-08-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1202619)
:eek: :eek:

I like the end where he is stuck in the TV. lol

michelej1 03-08-2017 07:52 PM

I liked the Slow Dancing video, but it was campy. It made me smile and I appreciated the silliness and I am WAY into vampires too ... But I like what Go Insane's video said.

I actually liked Go Insane as the single and it made a nice distinction between his solo product and his FM songs. Putting it out first told people to expect a contrast. Whereas I think Trouble being released first gave people the wrong impression of what the rest of Law and Order would be like.

Michele

jbrownsjr 03-09-2017 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1202663)
I liked the Slow Dancing video, but it was campy. It made me smile and I appreciated the silliness and I am WAY into vampires too ... But I like what Go Insane's video said.

I actually liked Go Insane as the single and it made a nice distinction between his solo product and his FM songs. Putting it out first told people to expect a contrast. Whereas I think Trouble being released first gave people the wrong impression of what the rest of Law and Order would be like.

Michele

Hmmm I think I have to watch the Slow Dancing Vid again. It's been so long.