The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   So... any Broadway fans out there? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56807)

singertobe 01-23-2017 03:51 PM

So... any Broadway fans out there?

I have really humiliated myself on this site this week, so let's talk about something else. Does anyone here like Broadway? What are your favorite musicals? I like Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, and Beauty and the Beast. In that order.

FuzzyPlum 01-23-2017 04:01 PM

Well I took my family to Mamma Mia in London over Christmas. I needed something my 23 year old daughter, 20 year old son and 4 year old daughter would all like. Mamma Mia was perfect. My god its cheesy but I'd love to go again. It was really, really great. Never seen Les Miserables (not even the film) but my wife has seen it on stage about 20 times apparently, I guess that must mean its good.

olive 01-23-2017 04:31 PM

i prefer off and off off Broadway when i go to NYC unless it is something really good and original , I have no desire to see Hamilton

I subscribe to most of the theater companies in Boston seeing Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf ( not a musical but amazing ) next week and Something Rotten

I did see SIDESHOW . BRIGHT STAR while in previews , and out family obligation my husband's cousin (when a show is stunt casting )

I will go see KING KONG if and when they bring it here and if CHER gets past the workshop phase

but as i said I like off Broadway ever since i went to the WPA , Workshop of the Players' Art Theatre, and saw the original Little Shop Of Horrors ,

FuzzyPlum 01-23-2017 05:15 PM

Hamilton is coming to London soon. I'd love to see it. I love the Carpool Karaoke with Lin Manuel Miranda et al.

singertobe 01-23-2017 05:31 PM

I have not seen Hamilton. All my theater friends say I would love it though

singertobe 01-24-2017 03:36 PM

Oh and I heard Anastasia has recently been made into a musical. Is that true?

JohnL 01-26-2017 08:55 AM

I saw The Color Purple on Broadway back in June for my birthday. It was fan frickin tastic!! I had never been to a Broadway show before but it was everything I hoped for and more. So much talent!!

jbrownsjr 01-26-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1200635)
I saw The Color Purple on Broadway back in June for my birthday. It was fan frickin tastic!! I had never been to a Broadway show before but it was everything I hoped for and more. So much talent!!

I'm so jealous. I'd love to see that.

TrueFaith77 01-27-2017 09:27 AM

I would give anything for somebody to do a Broadway (or Off-Broadway) show of Pet Shop Boys/Jonathan Harvey's Closer to Heaven.

olive 01-27-2017 09:54 AM

it looks like MOONSTRUCK the MUSICAL has been pushed back for yet another original idea The Devil Wears Prada THE MUSICAL ... music by Elton John to ensure it makes money

and SpongeBob ( square pants ) The musical opens FEB 1st

ViscountViktor 01-27-2017 01:45 PM

Have no interest in Hamilton, the songs annoy me.

Love Les Mis, Chicago and Sound of Music most.

singertobe 01-27-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1200691)
it looks like MOONSTRUCK the MUSICAL has been pushed back for yet another original idea The Devil Wears Prada THE MUSICAL ... music by Elton John to ensure it makes money

and SpongeBob ( square pants ) The musical opens FEB 1st

SpongeBob the musical? Oh dear...:distress:

JohnL 01-30-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1200638)
I'm so jealous. I'd love to see that.

It was a birthday present to myself. I so enjoyed it. I was hoping that Jennifer Hudson was still going to be appearing in it but her run had already finished when I was in NYC. However, the cast did not disappoint even in the slightest. I thoroughly LOVED IT!!

dreamer78 01-30-2017 03:50 PM

On Your Feet about Gloria Estefan was Amazing!!!! and Bette Midler is coming for Hello Dolly but the prices are unbelieveable!!!!!! any other Bette fans?