The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What Would You Most Like To See From Christine Next? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58340)

Fannymac 11-19-2018 02:12 AM

What Would You Most Like To See From Christine Next?

A number of projects have been mentioned as the next thing Christine could be involved in, but as has been stated a number of times, now that she's pushing 76, it's highly unlikely that she'll complete most of them, let alone all of them.

With that in mind, what is the ONE project you would most like to see from her next?

nicepace 11-19-2018 10:09 AM

I voted for the solo blues album, although I realize the chance of it actually happening is about "one in a million."

So, in reality my vote should go to sophomore BuckVie, which I would be very excited about. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in hearing anything from the current lineup.

FuzzyPlum 11-19-2018 12:08 PM

As we didn't get to see them tour the UK I'd love to get another Buckingham McVie album. Don't think there's much chance. As an alternative it'd be great to get a blues album. If she played with Mick and Rick I'm not sure John would contribute.

SteveMacD 11-19-2018 12:46 PM

New Fleetwood Mac album with the current lineup. I’m genuinely curious about what this crew can do together in the studio.

David 11-19-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1244156)
New Fleetwood Mac album with the current lineup. I’m genuinely curious about what this crew can do together in the studio.

They can record an album of pleasant, well-played, decently organized pop and rock songs that will leave no permanent impression on listeners, who, in years to come, will return over and over to Tusk and English Rose and Mystery to Me as the works they feel most connected to and nostalgic over.

I vote to hear an album of slow blues in minor keys from ol' Chris.

elle 11-19-2018 08:23 PM

BuckVie.

but if she released and toured a blues album, i'd go see her. as long as Mick is not touring with her.

Storms123 11-19-2018 08:44 PM

I think her new vocal range could probably handle the blues.

BLY 11-19-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1244203)

I would agree. This makes the most sense if there is any new release from her. However, I will take a New Buck/McVie album. I don’t see an album with the new MAC lineup.....that shipped sailed.

Storms123 11-19-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1244206)
I would agree. This makes the most sense if there is any new release from her. However, I will take a New Buck/McVie album. I don’t see an album with the new MAC lineup.....that shipped sailed.

Totally agree. I would think Mike is itching to get back with the Heartbreakers anyway. And beyond that--I don't think they are cohesive enough to achieve it.

lazy poker 11-21-2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1244203)

her vocals were ALWAYS capable of handling the blues, right from her early days in chicken shack already. but she might sound even MORE mature and experienced singing the blues these days . . . and such a blues album would be perfectly suited to close chris' musical circle, wouldn't it?!

secret love 01-01-2019 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1244153)
As we didn't get to see them tour the UK I'd love to get another Buckingham McVie album. Don't think there's much chance. As an alternative it'd be great to get a blues album. If she played with Mick and Rick I'm not sure John would contribute.

Christine and John are the sole members of the current touring Fleetwood Mac who bear no responsibility for Lindsey's sacking other than John's ambivalence to it, which partly facilitated the change. Christine by all accounts was anything but ambivalent, even threatening to quit the band for a week before being talked around.

The fact she purposefully wrote to Lindsey expressing her lack of agreement and saying she had nothing to do with it shows she still cares for Lindsey and that given the right opportunity, would work with him again.

Of all the options, I think Buckingham McVie II is actually the most likely.

turquoise5 01-21-2019 02:55 PM

With a band

IMO she is better in a band format than as a soloist. I would love another FM album with her as a strong contributor, whether it's the Mac in its current form, or with another band, hopefully including Lindsey.

cbBen 01-22-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1247184)
Christine and John are the sole members of the current touring Fleetwood Mac who bear no responsibility for Lindsey's sacking other than John's ambivalence to it, which partly facilitated the change. Christine by all accounts was anything but ambivalent, even threatening to quit the band for a week before being talked around.

They both bear responsibility. Either could have refused to carry on without Lindsey.

I must say those raising the point that Christine was out of town when the firing occurred baffle me. In 2018, everyone is always just an e-mail away. If it's indeed the case she was not consulted beforehand, she had grounds to quit just on account of Mick and Stevie presuming to make such a big band decision without involving her.

jwd 02-01-2019 07:34 PM

Been listening to the BuckVie album all week. This one never gets old, it just gets better and better with each listen. It's why I love TITN so much and a great deal of why I love FM. Poll is closed. But if I can't have Lindsey in FM, them give me some more BuckVie!

David 02-02-2019 01:21 PM

How about if Christine illustrates Stevie's Rhiannon picture book? It's a marketing department's dream!