The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pay no attention to the band behind the Penguin! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57858)

secondhandchain 05-01-2018 10:18 AM

Pay no attention to the band behind the Penguin!

Getting bombarded with advertisements on Facebook and Instagram. The fact that there is NO band picture and NO band line up is so sleazy IMO.

secondhandchain 05-01-2018 10:31 AM

Also what's going on with the site? Mick's henchman?

louielouie2000 05-01-2018 11:07 AM

Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. I’ve never heard anything like it before, DJ’s are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FM’s people are deep in damage control mode.

Storms123 05-01-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1225870)
Even the local Austin radio stations are hocking ticket sales. I’ve never heard anything like it before, DJ’s are announcing the tour & Austin date while plugging that their station is based on the music of Fleetwood Mac. Obviously FM’s people are deep in damage control mode.

I find this to be rather hilarious. I’ve also received more emails from ticketmaster in the last 24 hours. The spin doctors surely have whiplash at this point

Neal 05-02-2018 12:27 PM

Assuming that the current pre-sales are catering mostly to the die-hards who already know what's going on, I have a feeling general audience sales will stall once the word gets spread.

Or I could be completely wrong, and the more casual fans won't care about behind the scenes drama, as long as they hear the songs and see the twirls... :shrug:

Hawkeye 05-02-2018 12:30 PM

Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.

jbrownsjr 05-02-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 1226049)
Yea of all the complaints people are making this one actually has a lot of validity to me. Pushing that penguin picture and not a band photo is incredibly dishonest and misleading to those potentially buying tickets and expecting the rumours 5.

They may be bitches. But, they are not dumb bitches! :laugh:

NotonRodeo 05-02-2018 01:08 PM

I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.

button-lip 05-02-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1226061)
I will bet that had Burnette not posted about Lindsey's firing they would not have revealed Lindsey's departure until AFTER the tickets had been sold. We all know Mick is capable of this tomfoolery.

They have spies everywhere. They knew we already knew and we were only waiting for the inevitable to happen. :( A$$holes! :(

bwboy 05-02-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotonRodeo (Post 1226061)

I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.

jbrownsjr 05-02-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1226070)
I don't believe that for a second, they definitely would have announced the new lineup first, just like they did back in 1987. Even more so now, because unlike Billy and Rick, whom I loved, were virtual unknowns; Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are not unknown, and have their own fan bases, so of course FM would want to advertise their presence. As far as people still not knowing Lindsey is out of FM, the commercials airing in Ohio for the upcoming tour show and name each member. It's May and the concert isn't until Nov 7, so word is out, and will continue to be as we get closer to the tour.

I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.

FM77 05-02-2018 03:47 PM

I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.

SisterNightroad 05-02-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1226099)
I don't think the penguins are meant as a ruse---it's meant for merchandising. Most people don't want to buy t-shirts with 70 year olds on them. The penguins are a cool throwback IMO.

I think so too, they're the exact same used for the 1975 tour bumper stickers:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c7487f9b...ugio2_1280.jpg

secondhandchain 05-02-2018 03:59 PM

If Lindsey were still in the band you can be SURE they wouldn't just have a freaking penguin as the band advertisement.

madeline 05-02-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1226071)
I saw both Tango (Shaking the Cage) and BTM tours at Richfield, OH.

Most people don't know the members like we do. They could name Tom Petty and people wouldn't blink.

If you saw BTM at Richfield, let me ask you this. Did Billy Burnette sing Rhiannon that night instead of Stevie? I remember reading the review of this concert in Scene magazine and they said he sang it. I have been trying to find someone for years who could say if this was true or not.

SisterNightroad 05-02-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226103)
If Lindsey were still in the band you can be SURE they wouldn't just have a freaking penguin as the band advertisement.

Probably, but it's not 1974 when they could send on the road a dummy band without anybody knowing, we're deep in the era of the Web 3.0 and Fear of Missing Out.

iamnotafraid 05-02-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1225868)
Getting bombarded with advertisements on Facebook and Instagram. The fact that there is NO band picture and NO band line up is so sleazy IMO.

Back to the days of Behind The Mask.

jbrownsjr 05-02-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeline (Post 1226105)
If you saw BTM at Richfield, let me ask you this. Did Billy Burnette sing Rhiannon that night instead of Stevie? I remember reading the review of this concert in Scene magazine and they said he sang it. I have been trying to find someone for years who could say if this was true or not.

That's a very good question. I don't remember. It was an amazing show. I loved Billy and Rick on this tour. They were amazing.

BLY 05-02-2018 05:40 PM

I saw a TV spot today selling the presale tickets.They showed the new line up and announced all 6 names with footage from past Mac shows and clips of Neil and Mike in concert.

Tango 05-02-2018 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1226114)
I saw a TV spot today selling the presale tickets.They showed the new line up and announced all 6 names with footage from past Mac shows and clips of Neil and Mike in concert.

Thank you for posting this - I'm glad to hear they corrected this.

dreamsunwind 05-02-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FM77 (Post 1226099)

I agree but they've used old pictures of the band for merchandise before. I believe the last tour shirt had that one fairly famous picture of the band from 76 or 77. But since there are no old pictures of this "lineup" they have to use penguins.

bwboy 05-02-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1226108)
That's a very good question. I don't remember. It was an amazing show. I loved Billy and Rick on this tour. They were amazing.

I think if Billy had sang Rhiannon, you would have remembered:thumbsup:

I thought you were in Australia, did you used to live in Cleveland?

You think you know someone :laugh:

elle 05-02-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1225868)

yup. they have no problem hiding their "fresh! new!" band behind some penguins and tiny printed names.

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1225870)

i know, it is so annoying! i saw the add on tv. my inbox is full of presale codes for every which venue under the sun (if anyone wants presale codes - let us know, i'd be more than happy to paste them in one of the threads!). twitter feed is full of sponsored and promoted tweets from Live Nation to go see "Fleetwood Mac". TM has a FM banner on the top when you get on their page. they are pulling all the stops and dumping bunch of money into making sure this sells.

secondhandchain 05-02-2018 10:16 PM

I reported those advertisments on FB and Instagram as scam advertisements. HA HA!

HomerMcvie 05-02-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226193)
I reported those advertisments on FB and Instagram as scam advertisements. HA HA!

I wanna buy you a drink!:angel:

missundercover 05-03-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226193)

:lol: - this is gold!

secondhandchain 05-03-2018 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1226200)
I wanna buy you a drink!:angel:

I'll take it if you're ever in LA! BTW fun fact, did you know Stevie has such great skin and looks so young because she stopped going in the sun at 35? :]:]

HomerMcvie 05-03-2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226211)
I'll take it if you're ever in LA! BTW fun fact, did you know Stevie has such great skin and looks so young because she stopped going in the sun at 35? :]:]

I heard that somewhere. From a sack full of sh*t! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

iamnotafraid 05-03-2018 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1226211)
BTW fun fact, did you know Stevie has such great skin and looks so young because she stopped going in the sun at 35? :]:]

I thought it was due to the virgin blood
she drinks.