The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Some DVDs available for download.. (torrent files) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16383)

77Rumours77 10-03-2004 07:46 PM

Some DVDs available for download.. (torrent files)

http://www.easytree.org
You need to join to see or download these files.. quick and easy. Then after you have logged on you need to search for Fleetwood Mac. These DVD's should come up.
The files that are up are..
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk Rehearsal 20th Oct 1979
"Quality Notes: DVD fully chaptered, interactive menu with alternate noise reduced audio track, picture signal has some close-ups which are clear, fuzzy on the long shots, best quality audio of the three DVDs, NTSC Picture Signal

This is my first upload, so please bear with me if problems arise, this rehearsal is not grade A quality, but it's raritie is quite unique, this is the best of the three rehearsals from 18th, 19th and 20th Oct 1979."

Lindsey Buckingham - Center Stage 1992
"NTSC Pro Shot with Dolby Digital Audio track, recorded to anologue video from TV broadcast and ripped to DVD, exact lineage unknown. DVD fully chaptered with menu, artwork included.

DVD Size: 1.83gb"

Enjoy! :cool:

AliceLover 10-03-2004 08:34 PM

Holy Crap this is cool!

Ill check it out!

Jimmy

AliceLover 10-03-2004 09:11 PM

How?

How do you do this?

I right clicked and save target as. It finished in like 1 second, then Windows media wouldnt support it.

Anybody know how?

Jimmy

77Rumours77 10-03-2004 09:34 PM

help

Hey Jimmy...
What you need to do is download a "Torrent Downloader" I use Bit tornado.. http://bittornado.com/
There you can save the file to where ever you want and Bit torndao will open up and do the rest itself...Then after it is complete you will be able to do whatever you want. Now if you are downloading audio.. Well thats a whole different ball game.. PM me if you need help with that..
O BTW if you close it out or shut down your comp... Once you'v restarted you need to click on the file you donwloaded from the site and it will open back up. Hope this helped some.
Bye

MacMan 10-04-2004 12:52 AM

Nicely done... Thanks for that!!

HomerMcvie 10-04-2004 02:04 AM

Dammit, after I download the Bit Torrent thing, my computer doesn't know what application to open it with......HELP anyone?
I've never had any luck with the BT thing.

77Rumours77 10-04-2004 07:00 AM

this deoends on if you are using XP. If your using XP I can help, but if you are using something else, you'll have to contact bit tornado makers. OK, what you should do is right click the file and selct "Open With" and then hit select program from list, and then select Bit Tornado. Then after you do this any other Bit Torrent file you will download should automatically be directied to bit tornado.
Hope I could help
:thumbsup: :cool:

MacMan 10-04-2004 08:57 AM

It also will work if you just "click" on the torrent file and when a box pops up that says something like "Windows Doesn't recognize the file" and gives you an option to choose to open it with something else... choose "browse" and go find the torrent program you downloaded and installed into your computer and click on it from that browse window and it should work from there... From that point, your computer will recognize any other torrent files.

gldstwmn 10-04-2004 09:57 AM

Sweet! :] Thanks for posting this!
Also thanks to Neil for sharing!

Gazza 10-04-2004 10:20 AM

What songs are on the Tusk rehearsal?

gldstwmn 10-04-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza
What songs are on the Tusk rehearsal?

From easytree:

Single Camera Shot of the 20th Oct rehearsal where the following songs were rehearsed:

Say You Love Me,
The Chain,
Oh Well,
Dreams,
Not That Funny
Rhiannon,
Over and Over,
The Ledge,
Sara,
What Makes You Think You're The One,
Save Me A Place,
Landslide,
Oh Daddy,
Angel,
You Make Loving Fun,
I'm So Afraid,
World Turning,
Go Your Own Way,
Tusk,
Sisters Of The Moon,
Sisters Of The Moon #2.
I Know I'm Not Wrong,
Songbird.

face of glass 10-04-2004 12:13 PM

I didn't want to announce this in the forums, since I figured Neil might want to do it himself. But I thank the man for opening up roads with this; as of now no one else in the community has shown any real interest in sharing lossless (qualitywise) material through bit torrents.

A couple of things people should still remember: those with dial-ups shouldn't bother because the files are large, that third day of Tusk tour rehearsals is 3,95 Gb in its entirety. And even with DSL users, should they be firewalled, the things can go slow, unless the firewall is configured for BT.

Also, Neil's upload is pretty low at 10 Kb/s. He started uploading Lindsey's Center Stage DVD about 52 hours ago, and currently we're at 64%. Patience is needed here. ;)

Note also that the Tusk rehearsal DVD is already quite an old torrent; most people who completed it in the first place are gone and there's only three people offering those files to others right now. So the download will be very slow at this point.

The most important thing: KEEP THOSE TORRENTS GOING AFTER YOU'RE DONE! The fairest thing is to upload at least as much as you download, meaning that your share ratio would be 1.00. Easytree monitors its users share ratios very closely these days; if it drops below a certain point you won't be able to use the site anymore.

Is it worth it? I say yeah. The Tusk rehearsal DVD comes from a low-generation tape, the amount of drop-outs isn't distracting and the audio sounds great. You get to see Chris play guitar on two songs, you get to see Lindsey play Fender on two songs, you get the funny "IKINW" incident, etc. If you haven't seen this, or if your copy of this is poor quality, jump aboard.

Center Stage DVD should kick some butt as well. Easytree also has the audio rip of Lindsey's 1993 ABC In Concert special still seeded.

And btw Jacob, in offering stability for downloads and uploads I think Azureus beats every other BT program hands down. ;)

MiniLindsey 10-04-2004 12:43 PM

I'm getting cable in 8 days, so please keep this up for awhile!

HomerMcvie 10-04-2004 01:31 PM

Wow, I think it might actually be downloading now. I have DSL, and it says it's going to be 160 HOURS to download!!!!!!!! :shrug:

gldstwmn 10-04-2004 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Wow, I think it might actually be downloading now. I have DSL, and it says it's going to be 160 HOURS to download!!!!!!!! :shrug:

I have broadband but it seems to be going a bit faster now. I'm about a third of the way there.
These are the first bit torrent files I've downloaded. Once they're done, how do I burn them? Can I use Easy CD Creator? What is the file extension for DVD's?