The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Champaign IL. show (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33761)

crtrofthenight 08-24-2007 10:18 PM

Champaign IL. show

Seriously, I was at this show and do not remember seeing or hearing anything unusual during the show. It was at the Assembly Hall it was my 5th FM show I attended all three nights at Alpine Valley Wi. in the summer of 1978 and one in '77 in the beginning of the Rumours tour. I'm not doubting Carole Ann at all in the book, but wish I could confirm it here. Does anyone recall?

LukeA 08-24-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crtrofthenight (Post 715369)
Seriously, I was at this show and do not remember seeing or hearing anything unusual during the show. It was at the Assembly Hall it was my 5th FM show I attended all three nights at Alpine Valley Wi. in the summer of 1978 and one in '77 in the beginning of the Rumours tour. I'm not doubting Carole Ann at all in the book, but wish I could confirm it here. Does anyone recall?

Care to explain the alleged incident for those of us who haven't read the book?

crtrofthenight 08-28-2007 07:00 PM

re:champaign show

A fan was stabbed to death in the balcony of the Assembly Hall according to Carole Harris

Sarah 08-28-2007 07:26 PM

Never heard of it.

LukeA 08-28-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crtrofthenight (Post 716188)
A fan was stabbed to death in the balcony of the Assembly Hall according to Carole Harris

Can't recall ever hearing/reading anything like that. My opinion is, if it happened, it would be documented and known within the fan community by now.

It could very well be a mixed memory she's confusing with another FM show or another band.

Sapphire Girl 08-29-2007 09:44 AM

The FM Legacy site states a teenage boy was stabbed to death in the hall (concert hall?) while the band played, but this was on 8/11/80 in Mobile, AL during the Tusk tour.

Kelly 08-29-2007 03:43 PM

I was going to post about the Tusk tour incident from Alabama, because honestly I think CAH is confusing the two. :shrug: There are so many inaccuracies and whatnot in her book, it really doesn't even matter. :lol:

danax6 08-29-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 716430)
I was going to post about the Tusk tour incident from Alabama, because honestly I think CAH is confusing the two. :shrug: There are so many inaccuracies and whatnot in her book, it really doesn't even matter. :lol:

Yup, it's on the list. :D

crtrofthenight 08-29-2007 08:55 PM

champaign show

Thanks for clarifying that you guys/gals. I think I would have definitely read about that when I got back to Chicago. She got confused. I do however feel that a lot of her claims are true.