The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Questions for Lindsey on 12/5/2020 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59096)

lbfan 11-14-2020 07:09 AM

Questions for Lindsey on 12/5/2020

Participants are limited to one question, submitted in advance (with the disclaimer he may not answer all questions submitted). What would your question be?

HomerMcvie 11-14-2020 11:11 AM

"Aren't you sorry now that you insisted in 1974 that you and $tevie were a package deal?"

BLY 11-14-2020 12:55 PM

“Don’t you wish you would have pushed to call the BuckMcVie album FLEETWOOD MAC “

TrueFaith77 11-14-2020 01:04 PM

You are of course a genius solo artist, a musical painter. But you are also a great collaborator. Would you consider working with an artist in a collaborative capacity on an entire album, similar to Johnny Marr working with Pet Shop Boys and Bryan Ferry? If so, with whom would you like to?

You have made great songs for movie soundtracks — is there a filmmaker with whom you would like to work? Ever thought of doing a silent film score a la Moroder’s Metropolis?

elle 11-14-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbfan (Post 1261967)
Participants are limited to one question, submitted in advance (with the disclaimer he may not answer all questions submitted). What would your question be?

yay!! i was just gonna propose a thread like this and you are way ahead of me!

i might share question ideas from here in social media LB groups in case fans with QA want to pick / follow up on some of them. :nod:

button-lip 11-14-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1261970)
"Aren't you sorry now that you insisted in 1974 that you and $tevie were a package deal?"

He probably isn't. That's the sad part. And she knows it. That's why she keeps pushing. :nod:

HomerMcvie 11-15-2020 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1261979)
He probably isn't. That's the sad part. And she knows it. That's why she keeps pushing. :nod:

It absolutely KILLS ME that he wants to go back.

Macfan4life 11-15-2020 08:58 AM

My question would be about his favorite project "Tusk."

Was the tracking purposely arranged so there was not an even flow? We debate this all the time here in the Ledge and even Richard could not shed any light. We know the songs themselves were not corporate music songs. But was the tracking arranged to purposely highlight this i.e. The Ledge being on the first side of the double album.

David 11-15-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1261989)
My question would be about his favorite project "Tusk."

Was the tracking purposely arranged so there was not an even flow? We debate this all the time here in the Ledge and even Richard could not shed any light. We know the songs themselves were not corporate music songs. But was the tracking arranged to purposely highlight this i.e. The Ledge being on the first side of the double album.

Good question. I can sense some conversations in the track order with some of the tracks (like going from Not That Funny to Sisters of the Moon). I don’t doubt that the juxtaposition of some songs is intended to freak out us first-time listeners.

Macfan4life 11-16-2020 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1261995)
Good question. I can sense some conversations in the track order with some of the tracks (like going from Not That Funny to Sisters of the Moon). I don’t doubt that the juxtaposition of some songs is intended to freak out us first-time listeners.

I wish I would have asked him this quickly during the meet and greet. Several years ago there was a big debate in this forum. Richard was even directly asked and he could not remember. Gosh was he so stoned he could not remember such a thing :eek:
The opening and closing track are very traditional but everything else seems shuffled. I only bring this up because there was an old article from the time Tusk was released that seemed to imply The Ledge was put early on side one to purposely freak out Warner Brothers executives. However, that could just be opinion. I just want a definite answer from the guy who would know.

Villavic 11-26-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1261970)

Whether he should be sorry or not, I guess he would answer he's not.

bombaysaffires 11-26-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1262104)
Whether he should be sorry or not, I guess he would answer he's not.

On balance, and especially his bank balance, he would have to say no. :sorry:

I've been thinking lately that she may have gotten to the point where she believes that rather than him carrying her, that she has carried him, ie that she's been the main draw for FM shows and she's the bigger solo name (he had HER as a highlight apperance on his solo dvd, not vice-versa). Not saying I totally agree, but one gets the feeling that she has come to a point where she really really feels she does not need him for anything ever again, and maybe feels she hasn't needed him for anything for a long time (though the fact that she had to call him to salvage Soldier's Angel and who knows what other solo songs suggests otherwise). In that light, the most recent Mac tour would have cemented her belief.... they toured without him just fine (of course she had Chris and having someone besides just Stevie up front makes a Mac show, at least for me).

So sadly, if someone asked him if he'd work with her again, or help bail her out if she called him for help on a song....he'd say yes.

sue 11-26-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1262108)
On balance, and especially his bank balance, he would have to say no. :sorry:

I've been thinking lately that she may have gotten to the point where she believes that rather than him carrying her, that she has carried him, ie that she's been the main draw for FM shows and she's the bigger solo name (he had HER as a highlight apperance on his solo dvd, not vice-versa). Not saying I totally agree, but one gets the feeling that she has come to a point where she really really feels she does not need him for anything ever again, and maybe feels she hasn't needed him for anything for a long time (though the fact that she had to call him to salvage Soldier's Angel and who knows what other solo songs suggests otherwise). In that light, the most recent Mac tour would have cemented her belief.... they toured without him just fine (of course she had Chris and having someone besides just Stevie up front makes a Mac show, at least for me).

So sadly, if someone asked him if he'd work with her again, or help bail her out if she called him for help on a song....he'd say yes.

I agree with what you say, I think she does believe now that she doesn’t need him.
However I would like to see them perform (not tour particularly). But perform some of their original work.
Not with Fleetwood Mac, just Stevie....and not in a stupid quasi romantic crap way, but as two artists celebrating the clutch of work they share..
I think in a way he will go back, but I hope not...not to Fleetwood Mac.

Nicks Fan 11-26-2020 09:36 PM

I really hope no one asks dumb questions like what is was like recording Rumors of if he will go back should they ask etc. Focus on intelligent questions and don't waste time and ones we have heard before.

aleuzzi 11-27-2020 01:00 PM

What are the chances of a BuckVie round two?