The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Talked to Lindsey (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=29403)

cincymike1 10-22-2006 12:09 AM

Talked to Lindsey Buckingham

Went to the Cincy show tonight (which was awesome...including Bwana) and talked to LB after the concert. During our conversation "Gift of Screws" came up and after I told him how great an album it was, I asked him to make sure he puts "Twist of Fate" on the next release. I was surprised by his answer....he said "what is Twist of Fate?" He then asked me to hum the song!!! He looked upwards for a few moments (like he was pondering) and told me that was an interesting idea.

Another tidbit of info....someone asked why no OTC songs were in any of his new concerts and he replied that he really never thought about it and in retrospect thought it was mistake not to include any of that material.

wondergirl9847 10-22-2006 01:54 AM

Omg!!

He did BWANA?!!?!? I am going to CRY!!!!! GAH!!! 3 more days!!!!!!!!

I can't believe he talked with you, Pattie and David and OMG...I gotta go look at the other posts. :D:D

WelshWitchPMD 10-22-2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 (Post 586112)
He did BWANA?!!?!? I am going to CRY!!!!! GAH!!! 3 more days!!!!!!!!

I can't believe he talked with you, Pattie and David and OMG...I gotta go look at the other posts. :D:D

Want to guess what video clip it is that I am trying to download to YouTube?? :distress:

wondergirl9847 10-22-2006 01:58 AM

Pattie...

I have that Windows Movie Maker (making a video right now actually). It's a good way to cut videos into parts. :nod:

tuigirl 10-22-2006 02:16 AM

Well done you Cincymike1 !!!
Haha....I can't believe he dosn't know his own GOS songs!! Perhaps he was pretending that they hadn't really been leaked :rolleyes: (thank goodness they were, theyr'e tiding me over till the "electric" album comes out..whenever that'll be....)
Hey christy..maybe you'll get an OOTC song or 2 in your show :] that'd be cool

face of glass 10-22-2006 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cincymike1 (Post 586060)
I asked him to make sure he puts "Twist of Fate" on the next release. I was surprised by his answer....he said "what is Twist of Fate?" He then asked me to hum the song!!! He looked upwards for a few moments (like he was pondering) and told me that was an interesting idea.

Maybe he doesn't call it Twist Of Fate himself, it's just other people that have come up with that alternate title for the song since there's no official release of it.

Good discussion about OOTC and GOS. And Bwana! Hopefully we'll get to hear that soon. :)

nichora 10-22-2006 07:10 AM

Quote:

....he said "what is Twist of Fate?" He then asked me to hum the song!!! He looked upwards for a few moments (like he was pondering) and told me that was an interesting idea..

He did recognise the song then? Perhaps he calls it 'Light My Way??', maybe it has no title??
Didn't that track crop up on that Wild California film?

Quote:

....Another tidbit of info....someone asked why no OTC songs were in any of his new concerts and he replied that he really never thought about it and in retrospect thought it was mistake not to include any of that material.

He has one track from L&O, one track from Go Insane and completely misses OTC, and he really never thought about putting anything from that album??
He's really losing his marbles.. :p

Kelly 10-22-2006 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nichora (Post 586180)
He did recognise the song then? Perhaps he calls it 'Light My Way??', maybe it has no title??
Didn't that track crop up on that Wild California film?

He has one track from L&O, one track from Go Insane and completely misses OTC, and he really never thought about putting anything from that album??
He's really losing his marbles.. :p

He does say live that Brett is "responsible for putting together their set"...and then refers to him as the "conscience of the band". Bwwhaaa. :rolleyes: Anyway, I find it hard to believe that LB did not pick the majority of the set...hopefully now that someone pointed out the lack of Cradle songs, he will add one. :thumbsup: (or three, or five)

johndoe 10-22-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by face of glass (Post 586140)
Maybe he doesn't call it Twist Of Fate himself, it's just other people that have come up with that alternate title for the song since there's no official release of it.

Actually, that was what I was thinking.

Nico 10-22-2006 09:46 AM

I remember the OOtC question. I'm surprised by that. But he really doesn't know it's called Twist of Fate? Does he not go on ebay and occasionally type in his own name? Well, maybe that's a bit psychotic, but I would have thought someone would have told him by now. Sheesh.

skcin 10-22-2006 10:33 AM

Congrats on meeting the man himself. I'm glad you guys got to ask him some questions a lot of us have been thinking, instead of "oh my God I friggin' love you man" - which is probably all I would manage to say. :p

Josh2003 10-22-2006 12:05 PM

How awesome! I don't think I would have the balls to ask him about his unreleased stuff, though.

gldstwmn 10-22-2006 02:16 PM

He is such a trip. He's enigmatic on the same level as Bob Dylan. And that's why I love them both. I wonder what he calls Twist Of Fate? Or if he even has a name for it?

gldstwmn 10-22-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 586115)
Want to guess what video clip it is that I am trying to download to YouTube?? :distress:

Please post the link when you get it downloaded! :]

bikerchic 10-22-2006 07:57 PM

Quote:

I was surprised by his answer....he said "what is Twist of Fate?" He then asked me to hum the song!!! He looked upwards for a few moments (like he was pondering) and told me that was an interesting idea.

I think he was being facetious :shrug: