The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cancelled shows due to illness (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58313)

dontlookdown 11-10-2018 09:04 PM

Cancelled shows due to illness

Anyone know who's sick?

Edmonton and Calgary shows have been cancelled.

ali101 11-10-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontlookdown (Post 1243629)
Anyone know who's sick?

Edmonton and Calgary shows have been cancelled.

Also Alberta

“Fleetwood Mac has been forced to postpone a pair of planned Alberta concerts, a spokesperson said Saturday.

The group cancelled Saturday’s show at Rogers Place in Edmonton and Monday’s performance at Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome due to a band member falling ill.

Those with tickets still hoping to see the legendary rock group will have a chance to do so in a few months, as dates have been rescheduled for spring 2019, Live Nation said.

Ticketholders can retain their tickets and see Fleetwood Mac perform in Edmonton on April 13, 2019, and in Calgary on April 15, 2019.”

https://www.saultstar.com/entertainm...e-8683a80b276b

Edmonton only two hours before show.

“There are a lot of concerned and disappointed Baby Boomers in Edmonton tonight: With just hours to go before they were to hit the stage at Rogers Place, Fleetwood Mac has canceled both of its Alberta shows, including Monday, Nov. 12 in Calgary. “Due to a band member illness,” the press release reads.

No word on who it is, and no further details were immediately available. They’d already done their soundcheck when the decision was made.

New dates have already been rescheduled: Saturday, April 13 in Edmonton, and Monday, April 15 in Calgary. Get well soon, whoever is sick! Fans were jonesing for this new Fleetwood Mac, featuring two ringers – Neil Finn from Crowded House, and Mike Campbell from Tom Petty’s Heartbreakers – effectively taking the place of Lindsey Buckingham.

Tickets will still be good for the new dates.”
http://www.gigcity.ca/2018/11/10/fle...ue-to-illness/

The legendary band Fleetwood Mac has cancelled their show in Edmonton less than two hours before they were set to hit the stage at Rogers Place.
The cancellation is said to be due to a band member’s illness, with Monday’s show in Calgary also being cut.
Ticketholders are asked to retain their tickets for the new date that is scheduled for April 13, 2019 in Edmonton.
The "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac" tour kicked off last month, and marked the first stop in Edmonton by the band since 2014.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/no-littl...show-1.4172062

David 11-10-2018 10:09 PM

Decision to cancel after the soundcheck. Sounds like the flu.

SteveMacD 11-10-2018 10:50 PM

It’s Stevie. She sounded like she had a cold whenever she talked in Columbus.

StreetAngel86 11-10-2018 10:57 PM

old people are supposed to get their flu shots
they are a highly susceptible age range

kak125 11-11-2018 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1243637)
It’s Stevie. She sounded like she had a cold whenever she talked in Columbus.

You are so right. Ugh. From Neil Finn’s instagram

So sorry we couldnt play for you tonight Edmonton but we had to protect that wondrous force of nature that is Stevies voice. We’ll be back in April better than ever . Love you xo

ryan4136 11-11-2018 04:05 AM

It’s hard carrying the load. If only there was someone else who could’ve shouldered the burden.

SteveMacD 11-11-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1243646)
It’s hard carrying the load. If only there was someone else who could’ve shouldered the burden.

Huh? She’s still singing lead on seven songs. I’m sure Neil could manage DDIO and Christine All Over Again by themselves.

Moz 11-11-2018 09:46 AM

^ Edmonton and Calgary are in Alberta. ;)

My cousin and some of her family members/friends were supposed to go to the Edmonton show. I feel awful for her, and for the people from Saskatchewan who possibly traveled up to 8 or 9 hours to attend this set of concerts, since FM skipped SK this tour. :distress:

MikeInNV 11-11-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1243650)
Huh? She’s still singing lead on seven songs. I’m sure Neil could manage DDIO and Christine All Over Again by themselves.

I think the post was intended as a comment on Lindsey's absence. You know, because every thread has to be about that. And because Lindsey has the power to stop viruses.

bwboy 11-11-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1243654)
I think the post was intended as a comment on Lindsey's absence. You know, because every thread has to be about that. And because Lindsey has the power to stop viruses.

:]:laugh::nod:

gldstwmn 11-12-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1243654)

Because he's Jesus. Jesus H. Lindsey Buckingham.

Feather Blade 11-12-2018 07:14 PM

Such a shame for the fans who took time off work, got baby sitters, booked hotels, traveled etc. Hopefully Stevie is better soon as well. Especially if it is the flu. That can easily turn serious in older people.

bombaysaffires 11-12-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1243645)
You are so right. Ugh. From Neil Finn’s instagram

So sorry we couldnt play for you tonight Edmonton but we had to protect that wondrous force of nature that is Stevies voice. We’ll be back in April better than ever . Love you xo

interesting that the official band statement had no intention of saying who was the ill "band member"...

they'll smack Neil for that one, teach him a lesson about breaking royal protocol. :eek:

kak125 11-12-2018 07:35 PM

Mike Campbell also said about Stevie being sick in his instagram video. I love his bathroom jams. Good stuff!