The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The most Fleetwood Mac sound-alike solo album? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51393)

Villavic 02-04-2013 10:34 AM

The most Fleetwood Mac sound-alike solo album?

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it's a question about Lindsey's solo studio albums, I think here is the right place.

Wich of his solo (studio) albums is the most similar to the Fleetwood Mac sound and style?

elle 02-04-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1075037)
I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it's a question about Lindsey's solo studio albums, I think here is the right place.

Wich of his solo (studio) albums is the most similar to the Fleetwood Mac sound and style?

nice idea - and happy to see you on this board! :thumbsup:

i'd say without a doubt OOTC. it was the only album where he was thinking solo will be his only career path from then on, and he put everything on it - both mac-ish sounding songs as well as more lindsey solo-like songs.

his other solo albums are more feeding his non-mac side (i do NOT wanna say left side of the palette :p).

bluefox4000 02-04-2013 04:59 PM

OOTC unequivocally.

Mick

McTrouble 02-04-2013 05:21 PM

Gotta be OOTC!

Dragonfly 02-04-2013 05:48 PM

Yep OOTC for me too.

Sounds like a follow up to Tango In The Night.

Sleepless-Child 02-04-2013 07:14 PM

I voted OOTC but i'm sure if they put out an album now his songs would sound very GOS/SWS-ish.

elle 02-04-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 1075164)
I voted OOTC but i'm sure if they put out an album now his songs would sound very GOS/SWS-ish.

i don't know. could be. but he said he was trying to make fleetwood mac-y sounding songs with Mick and John at the beginning of the year.

his most recent songs, from This is 40 soundtrack, sound nothing like his GOS or SWS songs. :shrug:

michelej1 02-04-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1075166)
i don't know. could be. but he said he was trying to make fleetwood mac-y sounding songs with Mick and John at the beginning of the year.

his most recent songs, from This is 40 soundtrack, sound nothing like his GOS or SWS songs. :shrug:

I hope he never puts out an album that sounds like the This is 40 songs.

Michele

moon 02-05-2013 01:14 PM

Gift of Screws, definitely. Even when I listened to the songs that were included on SYW, I think lot of songs from this solo work could be part of a FM album.
It sounds like the last FM style.
Regards!

Gene 02-07-2013 12:48 PM

I thought Law & Order. Trouble could've been an FM single imo and John & Mick play on it. Mick plays on one or two other tracks on L&O iirc....

Gene

michelej1 02-07-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 1075704)
I thought Law & Order. Trouble could've been an FM single imo and John & Mick play on it. Mick plays on one or two other tracks on L&O iirc....

Gene

Well "Trouble" was definitely the poppiest song on the album. I don't think the majority of tracks sound like FM at all. Michele

louielouie2000 02-07-2013 11:00 PM

Out Of The Cradle is by far Lindsey's most accessible, mystical, darkly atmospheric album... making it the most Mac-like in my book. I remember the first time I ever heard OOTC, I thought it was pretty much a collection of the best of Lindsey's different song styles he recorded with Fleetwood Mac, all wrapped up in one solo album.

michelej1 02-07-2013 11:59 PM

At the time OOTC was released, I think Lindsey said that on FM his songs had to be counters to Stevie and Chris in FM, so he never got to fully express all parts of his personality. Instead, he was focused on trying to be something counter to what they were in FM and, perhaps, deliberately radical. He described OOTC as the first album where he could integrate all aspects of himself, including the parts that might overlap with Christine or Stevie.

Michele

Gene 02-08-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1075737)
Well "Trouble" was definitely the poppiest song on the album. I don't think the majority of tracks sound like FM at all. Michele

I dunno about that, some of those tunes might fit well on Tusk.

Stormwind 02-08-2013 01:08 PM

Maybe OOTC is the most Fleetwood mac sound-alike solo album because of its work on it. After leaving, Lindsey, in my opinion, did a very particular album. Tango in the night presented some originally solo songs by Lindsey, maybe OOTC presented also some ideas that were destinated to FM.