The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unexpected FM (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43162)

PenguinHead 03-07-2010 07:52 PM

I was in a Home Depot the other day and heard 'Love in Store."

ButterCookie 03-09-2010 03:18 PM

I just turned on the radio to listen to a Patti Smith interview and the presenter said 'we'll be back to the chain'

Lo and Behold, he played the bass snippet :D

jaycee 03-09-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 (Post 875065)
I FRICKEN HEARD "CAROLINE" ON THE RADIO ON THE WAY TO SCHOOL TODAY! NO JOKE! THAT SONG IS SOOOOOOOOOO SEXY!!!!!

ahem....yeah, sorry

Oh how I would've loved to have been you! That was one of the few songs that really stuck with me the first time I listened to TITN (they all do now, of course).

StreetAngel95 03-13-2010 04:21 PM

today on my way home from dance class, the classic rock station was doing a "Fleetwood Mac Power Hour" and chronologically played their hits. It was awesome! Hearing " Oh Well" and "Albatross" on the radio was such a treat for me!

jaycee 03-13-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 (Post 876760)
today on my way home from dance class, the classic rock station was doing a "Fleetwood Mac Power Hour" and chronologically played their hits. It was awesome! Hearing " Oh Well" and "Albatross" on the radio was such a treat for me!

You're just trying to make me jealous now, aren't you? Well you've succeeded, dear friend! :laugh:
On a serious note, I don't think I've ever heard "Oh Well" on the radio, and I haven't heard "Albatross" in its entirety on the radio since I visited New Zealand (Gold 104.3, a Melbourne station, had part of it on during an interview with Mick Fleetwood). :(

StreetAngel95 03-13-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycee (Post 876777)
You're just trying to make me jealous now, aren't you? Well you've succeeded, dear friend! :laugh:
On a serious note, I don't think I've ever heard "Oh Well" on the radio, and I haven't heard "Albatross" in its entirety on the radio since I visited New Zealand (Gold 104.3, a Melbourne station, had part of it on during an interview with Mick Fleetwood). :(

ohh, i'm sry! LOL yes it was AMAZING! I freaked out!:blob1:

vivfox 03-13-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

I don't think I've ever heard "Oh Well" on the radio :(

In the 1980's I used to hear Oh Well on the radio quite a bit. Often it would be the live version from FM Live 1980 which was cool.

ButterCookie 03-13-2010 07:41 PM

I've not watched TV properly in a LONG while, but I know that Marks & Spencer used to play Albatross on their 'It's not just food, it's M&S food' adverts.

vivfox 03-15-2010 08:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Talk To Me(I know it's not a FM song, but oh well) was playing at the grocery store while I was in the checkout line about an hour ago.

tilthefirefades 03-15-2010 09:52 PM

I was at a gas station in Charlotte this past weekend and heard "Save Me" :D

Meowi 03-16-2010 12:44 AM

I was trying to find Kate Bush signatures, and the website was called Fleetwood Mac for Sale!

Then I searched - Kate Bush Sightings.
One of the first images was the Rumours cover

jaycee 03-16-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

I thought I loved 1377 3MP before Sunday night - now I've come to realise just how brilliant a radio station it really is! :laugh: They played "Albatross"! :woohoo: (Albeit at 2:25am...) It was funny though, because I was semi-asleep, and I only began to notice it about half-way through the song! :distress:
(As a side, it also affirmed my recent realisation that when falling asleep your mind simply wanders into thoughts you're not fully aware of thinking about, before you stop thinking and enter a fully-blown dream. It's therefore little wonder that I'm never aware of the precise moment I fall asleep! Mind, this information may not be new to some people... :shrug:)

vivfox 03-16-2010 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycee (Post 877314)
(As a side, it also affirmed my recent realisation that when falling asleep your mind simply wanders into thoughts you're not fully aware of thinking about, before you stop thinking and enter a fully-blown dream. It's therefore little wonder that I'm never aware of the precise moment I fall asleep!

Dying might feel exactly like this.

jaycee 03-16-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 877349)
Dying might feel exactly like this.

Probably... except without the dream at the end...

cristochango 03-17-2010 09:32 PM

I just heard a version of Say you love me I dont think ive ever heard before...

It was just like the white album, except there was a lot of extra guitar in the background, like overdubbed?

It was on the radio.
can anyone help me out?