The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   vh1 access (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=10487)

mike_nh 06-16-2003 10:20 AM

vh1 access

I think it was an incredible show. I really hope mick will put out
those ''lost tapes'' from 1977. it was also intresting to see stevie
get angry.

Josh2003 06-16-2003 10:24 AM

It is going to be on tonight at 11, but VH1 is also showing it right now.

This footage of the recording of Say You Will is unreal. Stevie playing with that singing fish...priceless. And Lindsey telling Stevie he was going to cry. Wow.

Can't wait until tonight, so that I can watch ALL of this, instead of just the last 15 minutes!

Sally 06-16-2003 10:36 AM

I hope anybody not wanting spoilers reads this thread---I'm not going to spoily mc spoilerson anything else (I'm being nice? :))

*spoiler space*

So...holy crap. I can't wait for this DVD documentary to come out. I agree with Josh...when Lindsey was talking to Stevie and was going to cry...HOLY CRAP.

Mick even amused me. And John had some amazing one liners.

And Stevie talking about her black wardrobe..."...black just makes you look slimmer. Da da da!" I was laughing so much, it was just perfect.

At one point Stevie's up on the couch complaining that Lindsey "won't like her song because SHE WROTE IT" it was cute.

Only drawback....it was only 1/2 hour! Boooooooo!

There were parts that were never revisited, like clips when Stevie said something to the effect of "this isn't art, this is financial." I was so intrigued...who was she talking about? ;)

And in the credits, (it went by fast) Stevie hugs Lindsey after the Columbus show (which they highlight because it was the first one)...she's in the pink shawl and stuff, it was sweet.

strandinthewind 06-16-2003 10:36 AM

If you go here

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_all.../episode.jhtml

and then click on

Discussing their decision to go back on the road and record their latest album Say You Will.

you can watch what I presume is a sniglet of the show. They are talking about going on the road. SN says if you want to to all hits during the concert, they why put out a new record. It is a pretty cool interview in which all four speak (John says we four - used to be five - have this chemistry). Finally, could Stevie's top be any cooler (I think that is dragon on it ? ) :cool:

GardenStateGirlie 06-16-2003 10:39 AM

That was pretty freaking fabulous!!! I had low expectations of that show and I must admit, it totally exceeded what I had initially thought. And yes, I've never really thought of them as anything but normal people with a lot of money and amazing jobs but this really humanizes them even more-so than ever before. If you guys didn't catch it this morning, make sure you watch it tonight...it's really good and there is SO much more for us to look forward to this year but I won't spoil it for those of you who'd rather be surprised and watch the show for yourself tonight...all i'll say is THANK YOU LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM :nod:

golddustchic 06-16-2003 10:45 AM

OH i completely agree...what a great show! I was so glad that they didn't dwell so much on the whole Rumours thing like most of these shows normally do...and some of that old footage was so great! Of course, some of us have already seen a lot of it(from the Rumours tour in Japan) And that part where Lindsey is starting to cry, how great is that? Oh yeah, and the part when Stevie said that when she's 80 and Lindsey's 79, she'll be chasing him around with her walker...that was so cute!

And I second that GardenStateGirlie...Thank you SO MUCH LindsEy Buckingham!

Sally 06-16-2003 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind
If you go here

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/vh1_all.../episode.jhtml

and then click on

Discussing their decision to go back on the road and record their latest album Say You Will.

you can watch what I presume is a sniglet of the show. They are talking about going on the road. SN says if you want to to all hits during the concert, they why put out a new record. It is a pretty cool interview in which all four speak (John says we four - used to be five - have this chemistry). Finally, could Stevie's top be any cooler (I think that is dragon on it ? ) :cool:

None of that made the show! Thanks, strand! (And yeah, I was staring at that shirt trying to figure out what was on it...it is totally kool!)

strandinthewind 06-16-2003 12:49 PM

I tried to save the sniglet to my hard drive but was told I could do it. Does anyone know how to do that?

Also, Stevie is once again being filmed with a HUGE key light directly in front of her (this reduces age and lines in the face) , is also flawlessly lit from just about every other angle, and there may be a little oil on that lens :cool:

Conversely, John, Mick, and LB look like they are being flimed in a cafeteria lit by flourescant lights when compared to the glowing penumbra around La Nicks :laugh:

Gotta Love Her!!!!!!

deribish 06-16-2003 01:20 PM

Yep.
That was pretty much the best Fleetwood Mac documentary ever. Most of specials just rehash the same of footage, and the same old concerts... But we saw new and vintage stuff that is rarely -if ever - seen. Quick and concise and very funny too. Really gives MORE intrigue to an already fascinating band!
-Derek

Johnny Stew 06-16-2003 02:09 PM

This was great... I really enjoyed it. Though I have to echo the "it wasn't long enough" statements.
For Fleetwood Mac fans, too much is never enough.

I really hope the 'Making of Say You Will' documentary sees the light of day, as well as the "basement tapes."
We'd be discussing/debating/analyzing those for YEARS here on The Ledge! :laugh:

I wonder which song Stevie was saying she just knew Lindsey wouldn't like.
Who wants to bet it was "Silver Girl"?!? *hehehe*

(Actually, I'm still of the mind that that song would have been much more effective, if done in a more upbeat, perky way... like "What's The World Coming To.")

Through it all, you really do get a sense of love and tenderness from these people.
Even Stevie and Lindsey, and all their intensity and stubbornness, you know that at the end of the day they do care about each other.

But isn't that the best of both worlds? Enough love to keep them wanting to work with each other, but enough tension to keep the music from ever going stale. :)

Pisces Queen 06-16-2003 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by strandinthewind
Conversely, John, Mick, and LB look like they are being flimed in a cafeteria lit by flourescant lights when compared to the glowing penumbra around La Nicks :laugh:

Gotta Love Her!!!!!!

Yes I do love that woman!!!! :nod:

Sally 06-16-2003 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I wonder which song Stevie was saying she just knew Lindsey wouldn't like. Who wants to bet it was "Silver Girl"?!? *hehehe*

LMAO! I so agree!!!!

Through it all, you really do get a sense of love and tenderness from these people. Even Stevie and Lindsey, and all their intensity and stubbornness, you know that at the end of the day they do care about each other.

But isn't that the best of both worlds? Enough love to keep them wanting to work with each other, but enough tension to keep the music from ever going stale. :)

Perfect sentiment, Johnny Stew! You can totally see that sense of friendship and tenderness now...it's really great to experience.

Sorcerer386 06-16-2003 03:14 PM

It was just so FUNNY to actually see Stevie and Lindsey having an argument that was THAT heated. Honestly, I could never really picture them arguing like that. It is absolutely KILLING me that they never mentioned what song they were talking about. I don't think it's Silver Girl for the simple reason that I'd think it would be one of the songs that has to do with Lindsey, or is POTENTIALLY about Lindsey (maybe Everybody Finds Out?!? ;) ) But, I really enjoyed this special. I think they should have made it an hour though and shown a few songs being done live at the Columbus show (Running through the Garden would have been nice to see since only the Columbus audience saw it). But my God, seeing Stevie so worked up was just so...FUNNY! Hopefully this will boost SYW sales a little too.

tamaraluvsFM 06-16-2003 03:20 PM

Congrats to VH1! I think they did a great job with the 30 minutes they showed us. Yes longer would have been nice and could have easily been done. I was drawn to the tv though and holding my breath through most of it though, just waiting for something bad and negative. It was very positive I thought. I think it was great! I also can't wait for the documentary to come out...I wonder if that was the line that Stevie said, " This is not art...its finances" or something like that.
Loved it all!! I think we even got to see little William too on one part. They all look so much happier now.
Its great to see. :)
GOD I LOVE THIS BAND!!

Tamara:wavey:

wondergirl9847 06-16-2003 03:45 PM

O...M...G!!!

HOW GREAT WAS THAT TODAY!?!?! I almost DIED when she like was kinda yelling at him...and him saying he was gonna cry and wiping his eyes......SWEET MOSES!!!!! That was too much!!! What a great show that was....I gotta go watch it again!! THANK GOD Lindsey is making a documentary....God bless that man!!!!!

:blob1::blob2: