The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac's official YouTube page is being updated (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58135)

KenshiMaster16 09-27-2018 08:15 PM

Fleetwood Mac's official YouTube page is being updated

New videos have been uploading over the course of the day in high quality. So far the channel has;

- Temporary One
- Peacekeeper
- Paper Doll
- Go Your Own Way (Live '77 footage)
- Say You Will
- Skies The Limit
- The Chain (from 'The Dance')
- Rhiannon (Live '75 footage)
- Seven Wonders
- Hold Me
- Little Lies
- Silver Springs (from 'The Dance')
- Landslide (from 'The Dance')
- As Long As You Follow
- Gypsy
- Dreams (Live '77 footage)
- Don't Stop (Live '77 footage)
- Save Me
- Isn't It Midnight (Live '88 DVD footage)
- Sara (Live '80 footage)
- In The Back Of My Mind
- Tusk
- Not That Funny (Live '80 footage)
- Love Shines
- Everywhere

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAb...X1UWb0g/videos

DownOnRodeo 09-27-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1237755)
New videos have been uploading over the course of the day in high quality.

Thanks for this. I'd never seen the video for In The Back Of My Mind before. What a hot mess!

The Say You Will video would have been better if Stevie had been smiling more.

lovethemac1 09-27-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1237759)
Thanks for this. I'd never seen the video for In The Back Of My Mind before. What a hot mess!

Yes, it's a hot mess for sure. The flying guitar made me laugh out loud.

lovethemac1 09-27-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

What was stuck on Stevie's forehead, between her eyes? I've never noticed that before.

BombaySapphire3 09-27-2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1237763)
[/B]

What was stuck on Stevie's forehead, between her eyes? I've never noticed that before.

A rhinestone from a Halloween makeup kit.

jmn3 09-28-2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

OMG....how have I never seen this horrible disaster before? This never should have been resurrected. It is the epitome of cheese. And I swear some of those creepy eyed Stevie close-ups are recycled from the Tango video. The flying guitar and drum...the train....jesus...

Street_Dreamer 09-28-2018 10:13 AM

Whoever made the video for In The Back Of My Mind seemed to try to emulate the popular Whatchamacallit candy bar commercial of the time but failed miserably.

bombaysaffires 09-28-2018 10:47 AM

Isn't the girl in the ITBOMM video one of Mick's daughters?

Neal 09-28-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

WTF did I just watch? :lol:

I have a feeling whomever was responsible for this is also to blame for the official video for "Everywhere". But at least with that one they used some actual new footage; this is just the TITN DVD chopped and tossed with... whatever that cheesy animation is... :shrug:

lovethemac1 09-28-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1237764)
A rhinestone from a Halloween makeup kit.

:lol::lol::lol:

lovethemac1 09-28-2018 01:09 PM

For the Love Shines video, where was Rick? Or did I miss him and he was on there? And Stevie?

Mr Scarrott 09-28-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1237781)
For the Love Shines video, where was Rick? Or did I miss him and he was on there? And Stevie?

Both had left by this point, it seems that the band, such as it was in 1992, was briefly a four piece, then there was the Clinton inauguration "reunion", the Superbowl live pre-show of Chris, Billy, Mick and John(with Rick guesting) before Billy left, Dave and Bekka joined and then Billy came back. Christine claimed at one point to have officially left before Mick pulled the plug on the touring "Time" band and the Mac ceased to exist for a few months. Things all seemed a bit ephemeral in that weird 1991-1995 period; still, more happened in those years than in the hiatuses after the Dance. This seems to have been posted by Billy himself:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/464785624023581505/

FuzzyPlum 09-28-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1237788)
Both had left by this point, it seems that the band, such as it was in 1992, was briefly a four piece, then there was the Clinton inauguration "reunion", the Superbowl live pre-show of Chris, Billy, Mick and John(with Rick guesting) before Billy left, Dave and Bekka joined and then Billy came back. Christine claimed at one point to have officially left before Mick pulled the plug on the touring "Time" band and the Mac ceased to exist for a few months. Things all seemed a bit ephemeral in that weird 1991-1995 period; still, more happened in those years than in the hiatuses after the Dance. This seems to have been posted by Billy himself:

I've always thought that was a wonderful video. Its a shame that song didn't do better- it deserved to. I'd have liked to have heard more from them as a four piece- something about that simple combination just seemed to work.

HomerMcvie 09-28-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1237789)
I've always thought that was a wonderful video. Its a shame that song didn't do better- it deserved to. I'd have liked to have heard more from them as a four piece- something about that simple combination just seemed to work.

Except that Billy isn't a great lead guitarist.

FuzzyPlum 09-28-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1237790)
Except that Billy isn't a great lead guitarist.

and at the same time he's better than he gets credit for.
anyway- a different sound. I could have taken more of the likes of Love Shines.

HomerMcvie 09-28-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1237793)
and at the same time he's better than he gets credit for.
anyway- a different sound. I could have taken more of the likes of Love Shines.

I've heard him solo. He does okay. FM really needs a world class guitarist. Billy is... average.

No offense to him...

Did I ever tell y'all about when I peed at the urinal next to him?

FuzzyPlum 09-28-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1237794)
I've heard him solo. He does okay. FM really needs a world class guitarist. Billy is... average.

No offense to him...

I vaguely remember you mentioning it.
Did you sneak a peek?

Street_Dreamer 09-28-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

No offense to him...

I think Billy would admit that he isn't a world-class lead guitarist. If you go back, Billy has always "fell back" to a secondary role in regards to the guitar hierarchy from The Zoo to Christine's solo tour to Fleetwood Mac with Rick and later Dave Mason. His songwriting and vocals have always been his strongest points.

jwd 09-28-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1237777)
WTF did I just watch? :lol:

I have a feeling whomever was responsible for this is also to blame for the official video for "Everywhere". But at least with that one they used some actual new footage; this is just the TITN DVD chopped and tossed with... whatever that cheesy animation is... :shrug:

Just when I thought that the Everywhere video was the worst FM video ever made. It definitely has competition now. THAT WAS AWFUL! AND IT WASN'T EVEN THE 80s! :laugh:

jwd 09-28-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott (Post 1237788)

Ah yes, that time period was indeed a little tumultuous, even by FM standards. Thanks for the refresher course.

jwd 09-28-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

No offense to him...

NO! You must elaborate. Inquiring minds...... :D

HomerMcvie 09-28-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1237805)
NO! You must elaborate. Inquiring minds...... :D

Well known restaurant in Nashville... Billy was eating in a small "side" dining room. I'd seen him pass by my table, walking in. I was going to try to snap a quick pic of him, on my way to the restroom. I poked my head into his room, and he had a corner seat, and it was OBVIOUS that I would have been trying to get his pic. So I went to pee instead, trying to figure out a plan B. Well, he immediately walks into the restroom after me, and starts peeing in the urinal next to me. He just kind of nodded, and said "hey". I just nodded and said hey.

I'm quite the interviewer...

Street_Dreamer 09-28-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1237809)
Well known restaurant in Nashville... Billy was eating in a small "side" dining room. I'd seen him pass by my table, walking in. I was going to try to snap a quick pic of him, on my way to the restroom. I poked my head into his room, and he had a corner seat, and it was OBVIOUS that I would have been trying to get his pic. So I went to pee instead, trying to figure out a plan B. Well, he immediately walks into the restroom after me, and starts peeing in the urinal next to me. He just kind of nodded, and said "hey". I just nodded and said hey.

You should have started humming Tear It Up.

jwd 09-28-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1237809)

You CHOKED! :laugh: You could've gotten so much more information from him! Could've been the beginning of an insider relationship with the Mac! You're both musicians. There was so much common ground. You could've asked him about the time he made out with Stevie! :laugh: What time period was this? Was he still in FM? Oh David, you blew it! :D

#missed opportunity!

HomerMcvie 09-29-2018 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1237812)
You CHOKED! :laugh: You could've gotten so much more information from him! Could've been the beginning of an insider relationship with the Mac! You're both musicians. There was so much common ground. You could've asked him about the time he made out with Stevie! :laugh: What time period was this? Was he still in FM? Oh David, you blew it! :D

#missed opportunity!

I DID blow it.

I work with marginally famous musicians all the time, and I've trained myself to not bother them. My goal is for them to never walk away, saying, "I wish that a*shole would leave me alone".

But I at least peed next to a member(pun intended) of FM. Who among you can make that claim? :p

jwd 09-30-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1237818)
I DID blow it.

I work with marginally famous musicians all the time, and I've trained myself to not bother them. My goal is for them to never walk away, saying, "I wish that a*shole would leave me alone".

But I at least peed next to a member(pun intended) of FM. Who among you can make that claim? :p

Not I. But I'd like to think I pissed on a few of them from time to time. :p

RockyRaccoon 09-30-2018 06:24 PM

This is great. A lot of these I've only ever seen in bootleg quality. Some of them I've never seen at all.

RockyRaccoon 09-30-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1237804)
Ah yes, that time period was indeed a little tumultuous, even by FM standards. Thanks for the refresher course.

I don't think it was tumultuous as much as the remaining individual members weren't really motivated to commit to what was pretty much at the time a dead entity.

HomerMcvie 09-30-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1237893)
Not I. But I'd like to think I pissed on a few of them from time to time. :p

There are a couple of them I wouldn't mind $quirting. $&D.

RockyRaccoon 10-07-2018 03:01 AM

I noticed that Lindsey's official YouTube also uploaded some vintage music videos to promote his new collection.

Holiday Road: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsYqIJqlPNc
Wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-xZDk_zzrk
Trouble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xSNEyceE8
Soul Drifter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcjAaPCFUU
It Was I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DY_SeOeyO4
Go Insane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjQa5-FD72g
Don't Look Down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKcsqsOyRxQ
Countdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jLiw_Ih9U

HomerMcvie 10-07-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon (Post 1238741)

Those are AWESOME! I hadn't seen half of them!

I doubt he'll ever win any Oscars.

It Was I might be the cheapest video ever produced.

He sure does like being barefoot in his videos.

That "monkey walk" he does in Countdown was kind of freaking me out.

Thanks for sharing those!!!

Feather Blade 10-08-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1238749)
Those are AWESOME! I hadn't seen half of them!

I doubt he'll ever win any Oscars.

It Was I might be the cheapest video ever produced.

He sure does like being barefoot in his videos.

That "monkey walk" he does in Countdown was kind of freaking me out.

Thanks for sharing those!!!

That was quite a bit of crawling in Countdown. Do you think it was some crew members job to wildly swing that hammock back and forth like that? :laugh: