The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The narcissism continues (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58998)

BigAl84 08-12-2020 01:20 PM

The narcissism continues

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/enter...age/index.html

Macfan4life 08-12-2020 02:10 PM

There is already a thread about this in the Stevie forum

soul_drifter333 08-12-2020 02:15 PM

Time to pack those boots up anyway and work on some other projects. The world doesn't need another greatest hit tour or to hear Stand Back one more time and especially don't need to hear the currently configuration of FM. If you haven't seen her/them yet, then stay home and watch the video. Not being mean just addressing reality that the best years are way behind her.

BombaySapphire3 08-12-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 (Post 1259363)
Time to pack those boots up anyway and work on some other projects. The world doesn't need another greatest hit tour or to hear Stand Back one more time and especially don't need to hear the currently configuration of FM. If you haven't seen her/them yet, then stay home and watch the video. Not being mean just addressing reality that the best years are way behind her.

Exactly ..now is the time for all of them to retire from touring forever.

HomerMcvie 08-12-2020 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1259364)
Exactly ..now is the time for all of them to retire from touring forever.

They really do need to retire. They're just too old to do it properly anymore, and their voices are gone. Relying on backup singers to do your show is just lame. They've become a farce.

elle 08-12-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1259360)

you know, personally and as you are all well aware i really could care less for Nicks or her airy fairy thoughts - but i think in her own way she is doing a good thing here with her PSA efforts. every little bit can help.

secondhandchain 08-12-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259365)
They really do need to retire. They're just too old to do it properly anymore, and their voices are gone. Relying on backup singers to do your show is just lame. They've become a farce.

No more touring, Christine looks like Weekend at Bernies on stage. She cant play or sing anymore. It's not the same without LB. The thought of hearing a nasal uninspired Rhiannon for the 100th time is not appealing. She ruined the band by getting rid of LB and i have zero interest in seeing them at this age WITHOUT LB.

The only thing I want at this point is the Lindsey solo album thats in the can and that's it. Stevie doesn't take ANY chances anymore. NONE. Lindsey is the only one left in the band with an ounce of artistic credibility. And before you say Ii'm a Lindsey fanatic and a Stevie hater....you're wrong. I was a huge SN fan until she eroded that fandom over the last few years. She's GROSS now.

HomerMcvie 08-12-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1259369)
No more touring, Christine looks like Weekend at Bernies on stage. She cant play or sing anymore. It's not the same without LB. The thought of hearing a nasal uninspired Rhiannon for the 100th time is not appealing. She ruined the band by getting rid of LB and i have zero interest in seeing them at this age WITHOUT LB.

The only thing I want at this point is the Lindsey solo album thats in the can and that's it. Stevie doesn't take ANY chances anymore. NONE. Lindsey is the only one left in the band with an ounce of artistic credibility. And before you say Ii'm a Lindsey fanatic and a Stevie hater....you're wrong. I was a huge SN fan until she eroded that fandom over the last few years. She's GROSS now.

I agree that LindSEY was the only gift they had left. His energy was great, even if his voice wasn't. And yet the old goat fired him. I actually think his intense energy onstage was a part of the reason. He was outshining her by far, and $he couldn't stand it.

I was always a Christine fan, until she had her spine removed. Kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF(which I did my best to get over), and then didn't stand up for LindSEY(which was the last straw- she's just an old company shill - my lifetime heroine, now not much better than $tevie).

$tevie's just a joke now, but $he and Dick will milk this until one of them dies. I'll bet even if John and Chris died, $tevie and Dick would keep on keepin' on.

jbrownsjr 08-13-2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1259368)
you know, personally and as you are all well aware i really could care less for Nicks or her airy fairy thoughts - but i think in her own way she is doing a good thing here with her PSA efforts. every little bit can help.

Really? A PSA from Stevie Nicks? God help us. Don't do cocaine, don't drink, don't take pills, don't sleep with someone's husband, don't get your "best friend" fired, oh and please wear a mask.

HomerMcvie 08-13-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1259377)
Really? A PSA from Stevie Nicks? God help us. Don't do cocaine, don't drink, don't take pills, don't sleep with someone's husband, don't get your "best friend" fired, oh and please wear a mask.

Right?

$he was the poster child for "how to do everything wrong in life without dying".

$he's such a visionary.

Crystal visions? That's coke dust on your glasses!:lol:

Macfan4life 08-13-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1259378)
Right?

$he was the poster child for "how to do everything wrong in life without dying".

$he's such a visionary.

Crystal visions? That's coke dust on your glasses!:lol:

long lines of white cloud my memory

HomerMcvie 08-13-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1259379)
long lines of white cloud my memory

I fondly remember...:angel::angel::angel:

elle 08-13-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1259377)

it's not a PSA for you. it's a PSA for her fans a good number of whom blindly drink up every word she utters, so maybe some of them will follow her advice here too.

jbrownsjr 08-13-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1259383)
it's not a PSA for you. it's a PSA for her fans a good number of whom blindly drink up every word she utters, so maybe some of them will follow her advice here too.

You mean the folks that believe she and Lindsey are still in love and if Stevie hadn't got him fired after the BuckVie tour, he'd be single and free?

Ok Elle, I'll buy it. :xoxo: Meaning you're right, those people believe anything she says.

sleepless child 08-13-2020 02:01 PM

I think she means well, it just always has to come back around to her somehow. Everything has a narcisstic slant to it.