The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   American Horror Story to use 8 Stevie Nicks songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52772)

Jondalar 10-11-2013 03:02 AM

American Horror Story to use 8 Stevie Nicks songs

American Horror Story: Coven will use 8 Stevie Nicks songs this season. Misty Day = obsessed with Stevie
According to the American Horror Story Wiki, Misty Day is a major character in "Coven". She is considered to be a necromancer witch.

Misty Day Character Background:
A young woman from a backwoods Pentecostal community in the bayous of Louisiana, Misty Day is misunderstood and even feared by those in her community. Without a Coven to call her own, Misty spends her days wandering the swamps and listening to Stevie Nicks.

From a TV Guide Q&A:
American Horror Story: Coven Stars Answer Burning Questions on What's Next

Ryan Murphy was asked:
Can Misty use her regenerative power to bring herself back to life? (If you watched the first episode, her character was burned at the stake).

Murphy:
Of course. I love her character. Her character is obsessed with Stevie Nicks. The season really is an allegory or metaphor for any minority in the country where you feel alone. She's a girl who has never known other witches. The only witch she's ever known is Stevie Nicks, so I reached out to Stevie Nicks and asked her if we could use her music. Lily has an amazing Stevie Nicks shawl twirl scene in Episode 3. We used like eight Stevie Nicks songs this year.

76sparky 10-11-2013 04:51 AM

There were no Stevie songs used in episode 1 - i was on tenterhooks waiting.

Jondalar 10-11-2013 06:18 AM

God, the witch who was burnt has a huge obesssion with Stevie. Stevie is sort of a character in the story and its starts 2nd episode.

GoldDustBoy 10-11-2013 06:46 AM

I guess I'll have to start watching the show. Is it any good?

holidayroad 10-11-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1106926)

Murphy:
Of course. I love her character. Her character is obsessed with Stevie Nicks. The season really is an allegory or metaphor for any minority in the country where you feel alone. She's a girl who has never known other witches. The only witch she's ever known is Stevie Nicks, so I reached out to Stevie Nicks and asked her if we could use her music.

:lol: Stevie quote "I am not a witch! Get a life!" :lol: Of course, allowing a show like this to use her music would never encourage anyone to believe that Stevie is a witch. :rolleyes:

Jondalar 10-11-2013 09:04 AM

American Horror Story is kicking butt in the ratings. She knows what she is doing. She knows trends. She'll be known as a witch no matter what. Her publishing company is called Welsh Witch Music and she writes songs about Sisters and Goddesses. It's all over but the crying.

GoldDustBoy 10-11-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1106942)
American Horror Story is kicking butt in the ratings. She knows what she is doing. She knows trends. She'll be known as a witch no matter what. Her publishing company is called Welsh Witch Music and she writes songs about Sisters and Goddesses. It's all over but the crying.

I dont understand all the fuss about her supposedly being a witch. She may be Wiccan, Christian, Muslim, or proclaim herself a coconut tree, and it still wouldn't affect me liking her as an artist. People really like to burden themselves with things that don't matter, or even worse get aggressive and dangerous about them.

michelej1 10-11-2013 12:15 PM

EIGHT! That's more than I expected.

Michele

louielouie2000 10-11-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy (Post 1106933)
I guess I'll have to start watching the show. Is it any good?

I very much enjoyed the first episode of this season. Unlike last season, there is more than just shock & gore... there is humor and a plot that will make sense. The first season was great, but the second season just fell flat for me personally.

wheart 10-11-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1106966)
EIGHT! That's more than I expected.

Michele

I'm dying to know which songs they will use. Hopefully some from IYD. I'm sure if Stevie is at all involved in the choosing of said songs, they will ALL be from IYD. :lol:
and yes, she's totally a witch.

GoldDustBoy 10-11-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1106976)
I very much enjoyed the first episode of this season. Unlike last season, there is more than just shock & gore... there is humor and a plot that will make sense. The first season was great, but the second season just fell flat for me personally.

I am not a big movie fan, but I like a good sitcom, drama or sf series. Ill give it a try. :)

GoldDustBoy 10-11-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1106979)
I'm dying to know which songs they will use. Hopefully some from IYD. I'm sure if Stevie is at all involved in the choosing of said songs, they will ALL be from IYD. :lol:

Rhiannon, Sorcerer, GDW, SOTM, POTU come to mind based on what I managed to find about the content of the show. Kathy Bates plays one of the characters. Another reason for me to check it.

StreetAngel86 10-11-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1106979)

of course she is!
how else do you think she manages to stay ageless and has defied death multiple times?

MAJICK :lol:

GoldDustBoy 10-11-2013 08:17 PM

It's not like there are owls and crystal balls in her house. No, wait... :lol:

Jondalar 10-11-2013 09:08 PM

The show has just broken records on FX, it's hotter than ever and Stevie is sorta in it. Now, if she could do some new songs for its soundtrack and land that Game of Thrones soundtrack...