The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Least favorite tracks from Tusk? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56062)

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-16-2016 07:47 PM

Least favorite tracks from Tusk?

Every album has some "clunkers" and I honestly think Tusk has some.

This is probably going to anger a few Ledgies, but... I never cared very much for the title track. It bothers me quite a bit. That line "Real savege like" has ALWAYS creeped me out. Another one I'm terribly fond of is Sisters of the Moon. It's OK. But I'm just not that crazy about it. However, I prefer the live versions of it during the Mirage tour vs the album version.

DauphineMarie 05-16-2016 08:07 PM

I think "The Ledge" and "Not That Funny" are pretty clunky. :shrug:

I don't care for the title track either, but it can be nice occasionally...

Wdm6789 05-16-2016 08:36 PM

Not That Funny is so great live though

jbrownsjr 05-16-2016 08:45 PM

It's amazing. Stevie has no clunkers here. Can't pick on her. Lindsey has a ton depending on your taste.

I don't dislike any songs on this album. It's a weird album, for sure. But, I love it.

If I have to pick.... That's Enough For Me

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-16-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1183814)
It's amazing. Stevie has no clunkers here. Can't pick on her. Lindsey has a ton depending on your taste.

I don't dislike any songs on this album. It's a weird album, for sure. But, I love it.

It's just not my cup of tea.
I prefer Walk A Thin Line to That's enough For Me.

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-16-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1183814)

The Ledge and Not That Funny are kooky but I can live with 'em. ;)

aleuzzi 05-16-2016 08:58 PM

It's a weird album where clunkers might be the point.

I love all of the oddness and unevenness.

But there are a couple of tunes I just can't force myself to genuinely like, though I know others like them: That's All For Everyone and Never Make Me Cry.

elle 05-16-2016 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1183807)
Every album has some "clunkers" and I honestly think Tusk has some.

This is probably going to anger a few Ledgies, but... I never cared very much for the title track. It bothers me quite a bit. That line "Real savege like" has ALWAYS creeped me out. Another one I'm terribly fond of is Sisters of the Moon. It's OK. But I'm just not that crazy about it. However, I prefer the live versions of it during the Mirage tour vs the album version.

lol, we have a Lindsey forum on facebook that we named "real savage like" and we and many others thought it was such a fitting name for a LB group! :]

i can't stand Sara, as everyone probably already knows. i think it's dirge-like and boring. probably the only song i have to always skip on Tusk.

i'm not very fond of 3 Chris slow tracks on Tusk (sorry John you know i love you! :xoxo:). although i loved Peter Green version of Brown Eyes.

That's All for Everyone is far from favorite, and i used to dislike Save Me a Place but after hearing various live versions i have grown not to dislike it nearly as much and sometimes being even fond of it. other than that i love most LB Tusk tracks, adore Sisters of the Moon and Think About me, and i'm pretty fond of various versions of Beautiful Child and Storms.

elle 05-16-2016 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ (Post 1183817)
The Ledge and Not That Funny are kooky but I can live with 'em. ;)

the ledge is among my favorite LB FM tracks! and Not That Funny is pretty high up among FM tracks too. :)

jbrownsjr 05-16-2016 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1183824)
the ledge is among my favorite LB FM tracks! and Not That Funny is pretty high up among FM tracks too. :)

you just can't get enough of it... it's not all that funny........ IS IT????

~*BellaDonna*~ 05-16-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1183822)
lol, we have a Lindsey forum on facebook that we named "real savage like" and we and many others thought it was such a fitting name for a LB group! :]

i can't stand Sara, as everyone probably already knows. i think it's dirge-like and boring. probably the only song i have to always skip on Tusk.

i'm not very fond of 3 Chris slow tracks on Tusk (sorry John you know i love you! :xoxo:). although i loved Peter Green version of Brown Eyes.

That's All for Everyone is far from favorite, and i used to dislike Save Me a Place but after hearing various live versions i have grown not to dislike it nearly as much and sometimes being even fond of it. other than that i love most LB Tusk tracks, adore Sisters of the Moon and Think About me, and i'm pretty fond of various versions of Beautiful Child and Storms.

I haven't come across many Mac fans that have a dislike for Sara.... But to each is their own. ;)

jessej 05-17-2016 03:49 AM

The Ledge and Thats enough for me and walk a thin line are just terrible IMO ;)

stevierocks87 05-17-2016 06:35 AM

You'll Never Make Me Cry. Bleh.

KenB 05-17-2016 07:08 AM

1. Sisters of the Moon. Blech.
2. Not That Funny
3. I Know I'm Nor Wrong
4. What Makes You Think You're the One

I like every track on "Tusk" except these.

Hawkeye 05-17-2016 11:03 AM

The only song I never liked on tusk was never make me cry. But the new alternative version is so good I can now say I have no least favorite song from tusk.