The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The (Potential) New Album Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57683)

secret love 01-11-2018 05:29 PM

The (Potential) New Album Thread

Hello everybody

I think that we need a dedicated Fleetwood Mac new swansong album thread.

1. What would you call the new album? My opinion is they should call it "Legacy"
2. What songs would you choose from the three songwriters' vaults?
3. Do you have any information like song titles left over from BuckVie? Care to share if you do?
4. Has anyone else heard of My Mother's Rings? It is a mooted new Stevie song written in memory of Barbara Nicks her mother. I read about it in a snippet on Fleetwood Mac News in 2013. It was in the comments section on an article by a poster who claimed to have inside information.

I think Stevie should contribute Space Needle, Julia and Joan of Arc as suggested by a different Ledgie in a Stevie thread. Castaway and My Mother's Rings should also be included and that would bring her to five "new" songs which would be the same as Tusk. Lindsey could contribute 8 newbies and Christine 7 and then we would have a brand new double album.

Love the part where she says "I haven't done this one so I may f-ck up once" The piano on the above song is stellar in my opinion. If that's Stevie then she should play keys on that song live and in studio if Fleetwood Mac release it.

BombaySapphire3 01-11-2018 10:35 PM

There was already a Fleetwood Mac tribute album endorsed by the band called Legacy ..they have to be able to come up with something more original than that.

secondhandchain 01-12-2018 12:40 AM

Unless there was news that I'm not aware of, there is not going to be a new album. This thread is misleading.

iamnotafraid 01-12-2018 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1219666)

I think that we need a dedicated Fleetwood Mac new swansong album thread.

1. What would you call the new album? My opinion is they should call it "Legacy"
2. What songs would you choose from the three songwriters' vaults?
3. Do you have any information like song titles left over from BuckVie?

1. Over And Done.

2. I don't want any stinking vault songs.

If you're meaning use something that was left over
from Buckingham McVie on the new album, I'd say
that's a horrible idea. There's a reason songs are
culled.

New songs are key! And they'd better be more
listenable than what was on Buckingham McVie.

I've tried my best to hear what you guys like about
Buckingham McVie. And I just don't get it. I do admire
them for trying though. Unlike that person who wears
50 lbs of chiffon.

FuzzyPlum 01-12-2018 01:34 AM

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhh
Just what I need... a misleading click-bait thread title. I really woke up excited hoping to find some new announcement about a brand new album.

Have you been hiding under a rock for the past 15 years? Stevie doesn't want to do another album with Fleetwood Mac. There never will be another Fleetwood Mac album. There have been countless threads on here going over and over and around in circles discussing this constantly. I think almost everyone now has faced up to that fact. :shocked:

HomerMcvie 01-12-2018 03:14 AM

Yeah, it's NEVER going to happen. Stevie can't be bothered. I hope her legacy - is that she's what made them so popular, but in the end, killed their creativity, by sticking her toes in the mud, and refusing to let them move forward.

She's the worst thing that ever happened to them.

Macfan4life 01-12-2018 06:40 AM

The name of the album should be "Dream on silly dreamer" because I don't see it happening and the Eagles already have used the name Hell Freezes Over.

There is a reason many vault songs stay in the vault. Look at the creativity on Buckingham/McVie NO VAULT SONGS THERE

If you were to make a new album it should be fresh and new

jbrownsjr 01-12-2018 08:14 AM

I'll take another BuckVie Album. Still listen to it. It really sounds fresh after more than a 1/2 year.

nicepace 01-12-2018 04:12 PM

I think the original poster was simply engaging in a little harmless fantasy.

I agree with those who would prefer another BuckVie album over another FM album. I think it's actually much more likely that we will see that than another FM record.

button-lip 01-12-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1219685)
I'll take another BuckVie Album. Still listen to it. It really sounds fresh after more than a 1/2 year.

IF (and this is a big IF) Stevie engages into any sort of FM album project, it has to be because she wants to. Because she really feels it's the right time to do it and because she still has something to offer. If that's the case, I'd love for a last FM album. :woohoo:

If she's gonna start complaining about Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey, bring BuckVie 2 on! :]:woohoo:

LB Freakazoid 01-12-2018 08:13 PM

Album title?
They Played On...

jbrownsjr 01-12-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1219703)
IF (and this is a big IF) Stevie engages into any sort of FM album project, it has to be because she wants to. Because she really feels it's the right time to do it and because she still has something to offer. If that's the case, I'd love for a last FM album. :woohoo:

If she's gonna start complaining about Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey, bring BuckVie 2 on! :]:woohoo:

If she put as much effort into writing as she does talking about herself, we'd have another Stevie solo album and 2 FMac albums. :lol:

aleuzzi 01-20-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid (Post 1219711)
Album title?
They Played On...

Or...

THEN PLAYED OUT.

“Big MAC” ain’t happening anymore (except in tours) but LB-CM could easily do another’s album. They’ve already floated the idea to the public, too. That’s what I’m really hoping for.

button-lip 01-21-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1219882)
Or...

THEN PLAYED OUT.

“Big MAC” ain’t happening anymore (except in tours) but LB-CM could easily do another’s album. They’ve already floated the idea to the public, too. That’s what I’m really hoping for.

That would be the perfect title for their farewell album! :o

I think a second BuckVie album would depend on the length of the FM tour. Only Stevie and Mick want a two years tour. I’m sure Lindsey and Christine want it to be over soon so they maybe have a chance of a second album.

HomerMcvie 01-21-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1219889)
I think a second BuckVie album would depend on the length of the FM tour. Only Stevie and Mick want a two years tour. I’m sure Lindsey and Christine want it to be over soon so they maybe have a chance of a second album.

I hope the latter is how it plays out. Stevie and Mick love being in the spotlight, over being creative.

I'd give anything for another BV album and tour. They were clearly so happy and relaxed during this last project. THAT'S how your career should end!