The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie's Gloves (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51603)

SRhiannon 03-04-2013 10:12 AM

Stevie's Gloves

Okay, maybe I'm just being petty....but does anyone else think the gloves Stevie wears are kinda strange? Everything else about her I just love but the gloves just don't go with her outfits and they seem "outdated" - kind of a Michael Jackson look! :shrug:

Fireflies 03-04-2013 12:17 PM

...have you seen her hands?

olive 03-04-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireflies (Post 1080517)
...have you seen her hands?

there's a picture somewhere it's scary like madonna's

SRhiannon 03-04-2013 01:32 PM

No, I haven't seen her hands...unfortunately I haven't been that close! lol

Fireflies 03-04-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRhiannon (Post 1080538)
No, I haven't seen her hands...unfortunately I haven't been that close! lol

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AGPrjH5BwH...+Australia.jpg

olive 03-04-2013 06:55 PM

^^^^ that's the one^^^^^

WatchChain 03-04-2013 10:18 PM

Those gloves are a wardrobe piece specifically worn to hide Stevie's hands. I'm sure this is the only reason for them.

Yes, we are all "getting older too" and Stevie is no exception. Hell, whatever tricks and illusions that we can find to hide our years is worth it. Honey, I use whatever I can to look younger. So, rock on Stevie......get down with your gloved self !!!:nod:

wheart 03-05-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1080597)
Those gloves are a wardrobe piece specifically worn to hide Stevie's hands. I'm sure this is the only reason for them.

Yes, we are all "getting older too" and Stevie is no exception. Hell, whatever tricks and illusions that we can find to hide our years is worth it. Honey, I use whatever I can to look younger. So, rock on Stevie......get down with your gloved self !!!:nod:

I love her gloves...but this isn't the first time we've seen Stevie wear them. She's been wearing gloves,in some form or fashion, since the Wild Heart Tour. RAL had them too then they resurfaced for TimeSpace and SA. While hiding her age may play a small part, I think the main reason she wears the gloves is for the look.

SRhiannon 03-05-2013 12:18 PM

Yes, now I understand the gloves...........her hands sure show her age. Luckily, they are the only things that do! She is beautiful and has aged gracefully and beautifully.

michelej1 03-05-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRhiannon (Post 1080677)
Yes, now I understand the gloves...........her hands sure show her age. Luckily, they are the only things that do! She is beautiful and has aged gracefully and beautifully.

But her hands wouldn't look so bad in that particular photo if the rings weren't so tight. That makes her fingers pucker and look unnatural. I don't know if she has carpal tunnerl or some other pain that she's trying to soothe, but I don't know if she's trying to cover up her hands with those gloves (though I have accused her of hiding horrible rashes, I was just being facetious) as much as I think she's trying to give them support.

Maybe she's some big time bowler on the side and, after all these years of strikes and splits, her hands really hurt and she's trying to brace them.

Michele

Eponymous 03-05-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1080737)
But her hands wouldn't look so bad in that particular photo if the rings weren't so tight. That makes her fingers pucker and look unnatural. I don't know if she has carpal tunnerl or some other pain that she's trying to soothe, but I don't know if she's trying to cover up her hands with those gloves (though I have accused her of hiding horrible rashes, I was just being facetious) as much as I think she's trying to give them support.

Maybe she's some big time bowler on the side and, after all these years of strikes and splits, her hands really hurt and she's trying to brace them.

Michele

Yes, that photo is not very flattering. However, I have seen many other candid photos (i.e. not retouched/taken by fans, etc.) that show her hands, and they look fine...even younger than her age might indicate. I can't find it right now, but there is one that was posted somewhere of a CD signing at B&N, I think. Her hands looked great. I think the red blouse photo was taken after a long airline flight. Who doesn't get a little puffy after a long journey at 35,000 feet?? And you are right about the rings accentuating the puffiness.

ShangriLaTroubl 03-05-2013 05:45 PM

She has performed sans gloves several times in the last year and her hands look fine. Sure, if you zoom in you would see and older woman's hands. However, normally they do not look as bad as they do in that pic.

PLUS, wearing gloves in general don't bother me..it's the LEATHER, finger-less gloves with dangling bling that bothers me. They are horrible looking and I agree, they do not go with her outfits. She was once quoted many years ago as saying "I love leather and I love lace, but not together." Ok, Stevie - leather does not go with chiffon either! lol

The full finger gloves she wore on the SYW tour were ok and they were suede as well as the lacey ones she wears..It's the leather ones that are problematic!

Angel69 03-05-2013 06:48 PM

The gloves are worn for reasons known to Stevie. That being said, the god awful ruffled black dress has to go!!!!! GO!!!!!!! It's dowdy and has been worn to death.

wheart 03-06-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel69 (Post 1080764)
The gloves are worn for reasons known to Stevie. That being said, the god awful ruffled black dress has to go!!!!! GO!!!!!!! It's dowdy and has been worn to death.

Agreed. Just when I think she's done with it, BAM it comes back! Maybe the new tour will usher in the end of it..or not :shrug:

SRhiannon 03-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl (Post 1080759)
She has performed sans gloves several times in the last year and her hands look fine. Sure, if you zoom in you would see and older woman's hands. However, normally they do not look as bad as they do in that pic.

PLUS, wearing gloves in general don't bother me..it's the LEATHER, finger-less gloves with dangling bling that bothers me. They are horrible looking and I agree, they do not go with her outfits. She was once quoted many years ago as saying "I love leather and I love lace, but not together." Ok, Stevie - leather does not go with chiffon either! lol

The full finger gloves she wore on the SYW tour were ok and they were suede as well as the lacey ones she wears..It's the leather ones that are problematic!

Yes! That's what I'm talking about! :]