The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Lindsey Buckingham" on Saturday Night Live (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41910)

WildHeart69 11-22-2009 12:12 AM

Let me add, that I can't believe that they felt the first one was so funny that they did it again...

WelshWitchPMD 11-22-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHeart69 (Post 855646)
You can predict the future! ha!

The other guests are the REAL Al Gore and the REAL Mindy Kahling sp? from the Office.

LOL if only I could pick the winning numbers. Is there a link for this anyplace?

LukeA 11-22-2009 05:08 PM

The real Lindsey will make an appearance sometime in February/March, when Kristen drags him to NYC for some award ceremony/premiere gala/shopping spree (likely all three). Book it.

RoseGarden 11-23-2009 10:26 PM

SNL could of jazzed it up a bit just by having the LB actor holding his guitar. We all know he brings it everywhere he goes. Oh well, from far away it was cute to think of LB on there.

Meowi 11-26-2009 06:12 AM

LOL! Even though SNL is an American show, I am a fan of 'Stevie Nicks Fajita Roundup'

Lindsey Jr. 11-26-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucklind17 (Post 855647)
I didn't even notice that because I was like "RED SHIRT BLACK JACKET!" How hilarious would it be if they get real Lindsey some week.

"You ain't mad at me, are ya Lindsey?"

No, it's ok ;)

WelshWitchPMD 11-26-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. (Post 856710)
No, it's ok ;)

Maybe when and if he is on again "Lindsey" will go postal.

WelshWitchPMD 11-26-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 855869)
The real Lindsey will make an appearance sometime in February/March, when Kristen drags him to NYC for some award ceremony/premiere gala/shopping spree (likely all three). Book it.

Like maybe around tour time. I can see the real Lindsey being there while a "Stevie" does some Stand Back dancing.

golddustwoman77 01-12-2010 05:27 PM

Maybe Lindsey's character is going to have a reoccurring part on "What's Up With Dat?" He'll just keep coming back, but never say anything. Then, one night, BOOM, it will be the real Lindsey. Just a thought! That is the only thing that could possibly make this worth watching. :confused:

michelej1 01-12-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 (Post 865049)
Maybe Lindsey's character is going to have a reoccurring part on "What's Up With Dat?" He'll just keep coming back, but never say anything. Then, one night, BOOM, it will be the real Lindsey. Just a thought! That is the only thing that could possibly make this worth watching. :confused:

It would be funny if the real Lindsey showed up and never stopped talking, giving one of his concert speeches that lasted so long they have to end the skit in the middle of it.

Michele

michelej1 01-18-2010 08:52 PM

This is from a December 1, 2009 Wall Street Journal blog piece on Bill Hader.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/tag/saturday-night-live/

I can vouch that Swift, who I can’t say enough good things about, does a really good Kristin Stewart impression,” Hader said) and another sketch he’s enjoying this season, Keenan Thompson’s “What Up With That?” musical interludes. In the skits, Thompson plays D’Andre Cole, a talk show host who “takes on the issues of today with soul” while Hader plays perpetually bumped guest Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac fame. The series has also scored a number of special guest stars, including Al Gore, whom they nabbed while he was shooting a “30 Rock” guest spot, and “friend of the show” James Franco. “With James, he was originally in another sketch that got cut, so we just decided to stick him in ‘What Up With That,’ which started the whole visiting guest star thing,” he said. “Mindy Kaling we just grabbed on the way to the stage. She was just hanging out watching the show, and then she was sitting next to me asking me what to do.” Watch two “What Up With That” sketches after the jump:

LukeA 03-07-2010 02:33 AM

On again tonight...

Lee 03-07-2010 03:13 PM

Yeah, I fast-forward through most of it; you know what's going to happen by now. Lindsey should just show up one day & just totally interrupt their skit & say that he does actually have something to say for real. Something about how life goes in cycles or one of those speeches he does so well. :laugh: And then rest of the band should just up go on stage & join him. They should just start playing "Don't Stop" or "The Chain". :nod: Well, I can dream, can't I? :D

Lee :)

ButterCookie 03-07-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowi (Post 856654)
LOL! Even though SNL is an American show, I am a fan of 'Stevie Nicks Fajita Roundup'

Aha, Me too! :thumbsup: Have you any beans you'd like to sell?

APerfectLie 03-07-2010 11:49 PM

Maybe one week the 3 guests will be the actual Stevie, Christine, and Lindsey and they will be there to announce that they are in the studio making a new Fleetwood Mac album, but of course leave no time for Lindsey to talk. :laugh: