The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   American Horror Story to use 8 Stevie Nicks songs (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52772)

kak125 10-16-2013 09:07 PM

ahh they opened the show tonight with edge of seventeen. it sounded so good!!

charmedhour26 10-16-2013 09:08 PM

Is anyone watching Coven? Edge of Seventeen just played during opening scene and it was fantastic :]

charmedhour26 10-16-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1107637)
ahh they opened the show tonight with edge of seventeen. it sounded so good!!

Sorry to copy your post. I didn't look, I was too excited to check if anyone else already posted.

kak125 10-16-2013 09:58 PM

its all good no worries at all! lol did you see the rhiannon scene? that was the best!!

louielouie2000 10-16-2013 10:11 PM

For those who are still holding out watching, our very own "White Witch" Stevie was a topic of conversation in tonight's episode. :p There was even a Bob Masse poster present. :thumbsup:

charmedhour26 10-16-2013 10:14 PM

I did. It was so awesome!!! I can't wait to see what other songs they use. Personally, I would LOVE if Sisters of the Moon was used.

I was watching with a friend, who doesn't listen to Stevie or understand diehard fandom. As soon as Rhiannon came on, I flew off the couch. I think I scared her more than Coven did. :lol:

MarkMc1990 10-16-2013 11:03 PM

I'm so thrilled about Stevie's music and image/persona being a fixture of this season!

You don't suppose it's possible Stevie could make a surprise guest appearance do you? :shrug:

APerfectLie 10-16-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMc1990 (Post 1107658)
I'm so thrilled about Stevie's music and image/persona being a fixture of this season!

You don't suppose it's possible Stevie could make a surprise guest appearance do you? :shrug:

Dear god I hope she does! I mean, she could have easily filmed a cameo while FM was on break this summer and she would be herself so there wouldn't be much acting on her part :] *fingers crossed*

MarkMc1990 10-16-2013 11:38 PM

One thing that struck me as odd was when Zoe asked "Stevie Nicks from American Idol?"

Now, Stevie did make a brief appearance as a guest mentor to the contestants on American Idol a few years ago, but that just seemed like a pretty random thing to reference. I wonder if maybe whoever wrote that part of the script thought she was a permanent judge on the show at one point, or perhaps they confused her name with Steven Tyler's.

vivfox 10-16-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 1107659)
Dear god I hope she does! *

Where the **** have you been???

APerfectLie 10-17-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMc1990 (Post 1107664)
One thing that struck me as odd was when Zoe asked "Stevie Nicks from American Idol?"

Now, Stevie did make a brief appearance as a guest mentor to the contestants on American Idol a few years ago, but that just seemed like a pretty random thing to reference. I wonder if maybe whoever wrote that part of the script thought she was a permanent judge on the show at one point, or perhaps they confused her name with Steven Tyler's.

That struck me as odd too, but now that you mention Steven Tyler, I can see the reference. I don't think it was a mistake, more like a young teenage girl saying, Stevie Nicks, who is he?! Just like all the normal people we meet and we mention Stevie and they have no clue really who she is and we are like, OMG STEVIE NICKS!!! LET ME INVITE YOU INTO HER WORLD!! So I don't think the writers were confusing her with Steven Tyler, but they were either A. Insinuating that a young girl may have only been exposed to Stevie thru her one episode with American Idol or B. A young girl may confuse Stevie with Steven Tyler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1107668)
Where the **** have you been???

And I've been around, just creepin these days usually :P

MarkMc1990 10-17-2013 12:11 AM

P.S. here's an interview with Lily Rabe where she talks about her character's as well as her own obsession with Stevie!

http://www.vulture.com/2013/10/ameri...interview.html

MarkMc1990 10-17-2013 01:17 AM

Another interview with Ryan Murphy talking about Stevie's influence on the show:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/17/am...phy-boy-parts/

"I called Stevie Nicks and first I said, “I want to use you in the show.” But she was very resistant because from the beginning of her career people who are in the Wiccan community had given her a hard time thinking she was a witch and she got a lot of scary fan letters. She didn’t like the darkness of that, and I explained to her the part and she’s like, “Aw f—, let’s just do it. OK, I love it.” She’s not a witch, but she has an attraction to those mystical creatures because they’re fun to write about. So she gave me the rights to her music and she and Lindsay Buckingham are working on a special sort of redo of a song they did about a witch."

^^I wonder what this means!?

Jondalar 10-17-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkMc1990 (Post 1107676)
Another interview with Ryan Murphy talking about Stevie's influence on the show:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/17/am...phy-boy-parts/

"I called Stevie Nicks and first I said, “I want to use you in the show.” But she was very resistant because from the beginning of her career people who are in the Wiccan community had given her a hard time thinking she was a witch and she got a lot of scary fan letters. She didn’t like the darkness of that, and I explained to her the part and she’s like, “Aw f—, let’s just do it. OK, I love it.” She’s not a witch, but she has an attraction to those mystical creatures because they’re fun to write about. So she gave me the rights to her music and she and Lindsay Buckingham are working on a special sort of redo of a song they did about a witch."

^^I wonder what this means!?

so would that be Rhiannon or Sisters of the Moon, was there another song they did about a witch?

UndoingTheLaces 10-17-2013 02:28 AM

Is it just me or can you guys totally see Lily Rabe playing Stevie in a movie?