The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Buckingham/Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=6161)

celestenadia 04-20-2002 03:02 PM

Buckingham/Nicks

How many of you Ledgies out there have an original copy of
Buckingham/Nicks?
I do! :nod:

sodascouts 04-20-2002 04:33 PM

I do!

Not only do I have the original LP, but a guy gave me an original 8-track of it!!! Now, I can't play that or anything lol, but I still think it's cool! :-)

wondergirl9847 04-20-2002 06:18 PM

I WILL!!

As soon as it comes in the mail, I will own a copy of the BN album I bought on Ebay about a week ago or so. I CANNOT WAIT FOR IT TO GET HERE!! Although I had already had it on CD I got on Ebay, just to own the original LP is GREATNESS!! I love collecting records, they are so much cooler than CD's in terms of the package, the pictures, the gatefold on some, the lyric pages, etc. :nod:

sulamith 04-20-2002 06:44 PM

I have an original gatefold LP that I paid 25 bucks for 2 years ago at a vintage record store. It is in really good condition, no round wear line, etc. I have it in an album frame on a wall with about 25 other LP's. Many of the others are FM of course!!

Sugar 04-20-2002 07:54 PM

Me too!

Actually I first bought a reprint (no gatefold) at a Sam Goody about 15 years ago. Then sometime later I found the original gatefold at a collectors show, but Fleetwood Mac's popularity had wained by then, so I got it for about $3! I only play the reprint.

joe 04-20-2002 10:58 PM

I got the original lp about 15 years ago. Actually, right now i'm listening to a live version of 'frozen love' that was only done once or twice on the first Fleetwood Mac tour with them and it's pretty cool! I really hope on the next tour they'll dig into the vaults and do this one since this version of FM will really be more B/N than before. Anyway, I've listened to the album on and off since then and I can only really say that i think it's a cute record. I mean, just the two of them when they were struggling and working very hard i'm sure. It's funny how you can hear FM in this record at times. i think 'frozen love' is beyond phenomenal...It's real heavy...I also like 'races are run', 'stephanie', 'lola' (who is lola anyway???)...'long distance winner' is cool too....

sulamith 04-20-2002 11:31 PM

AWWWwwwwww, c'mon, Joe!
You KNOW who Lola is!

I guess Linds didn't want to sound like he was singing about another guy.........so he used another name!

Dugan 04-21-2002 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sulamith
AWWWwwwwww, c'mon, Joe!
You KNOW who Lola is!

I guess Linds didn't want to sound like he was singing about another guy.........so he used another name!

Besides he couldn't have two tracks on the same album with the same title. ;)

BTW I have the non-gatefold that I bought in the late 80's-early 90's.

Little Queenie 04-21-2002 12:35 AM

I do! I have the original gatefold which I got back in '98 (I think) and then got another one BN but not the gatefold version. I play that one cause I don't want to ruin the original one.

Also, it is hanging up in my room with ten bagillion other records. Of course it has to be in the middle, the focal point!

-ApriL:)

saintbernard 04-21-2002 02:10 AM

I finally managed to find the Gatefold Buckingham Nicks. I can't wait for it to arrive. When it does, I'm going to play it 'till I wear it out.

I'm only going to go through this life once and I'm going to really enjoy it! :)

Jennifer

Rumours 04-21-2002 05:35 PM

I DO!!!!

I, too, have an original gatefold cover Buckingham/Nicks album!! :nod: :D ;) :thumbsup: :]

Stephanie

EnchantedStorms 04-22-2002 01:32 AM

I have it!!! I have the gatefold one!! LOL....It took me FOREVER to find it, so I'm really, really proud of it!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I paid $35.00 for it about four years ago. I didn't have a computer then, so I didn't have Ebay to look for it on...I found it at a flea market, from this collector. I also found Lindsey's Law and Order, at the same time. Got that for a buck. LOL. I searched for it for like, a year, before I finally found it though...and you shoulda heard me scream when I flipped through those albums....and THERE IT WAS!!!! AHHHHHH!!! I was SO happy!:D And the best thing was/is....NO SCRATCHES and NO WEAR to the cover!!! WooHoooo!!

LOL!:laugh:

~~Angela~~:wavey:

The Tower 04-22-2002 12:34 PM

Me too, Sulamith! I went to A-1 Records in L.A. back in 1985 and bought the original gatefold LP for $50.00. Which was a lot o'money for me back then.

I still have that album tucked away in its protective sleeve.

They totally should re-release it on CD with bonus tracks... (but that's a wish that's been going on forever it seems).

Villavic 06-28-2023 11:19 AM

Doing boards archeology I found this thread. Never got the original but in 2012 I got the whole album in mp3 files, 256kbps they sound very good.

And it makes me recall the eternal question about a new release of this album. It is obvious that if in the past it was very difficult, now the hopes are practically nil

UnwindedDreams 06-28-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1285556)
Doing boards archeology I found this thread. Never got the original but in 2012 I got the whole album in mp3 files, 256kbps they sound very good.

And it makes me recall the eternal question about a new release of this album. It is obvious that if in the past it was very difficult, now the hopes are practically nil

It’s never getting a professional rerelease unless Stevie has a shirt posted on her on a new cover of the album. She basically makes 24 year old Lindsey to be a pig for insisting they pose topless, and probably wants him in prison for that.

By the way, in Chicago she said she didn’t move to Chicago in 68 because she was in a band with Lindsey and 3 other people. She also said she was a cleaning person and waitress to support Lindsey and Richard. Yes, pat yourself on the back for labor done 50 years ago!