The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac UK success (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57322)

James89 07-05-2017 06:41 PM

Fleetwood Mac UK success

Just thought I'd share something with you all. Every week, EVERY WEEK, AT LEAST one Fleetwood Mac album is on the Top 100 chart. Isn't this incredible? I've noticed this for a few years now and I just think it's amazing.

Fleetwood Mac are mind-bogglingly popular over here as I know they are around the world but I feel that with all the renewed interest especially amongst the younger generation, they are more popular now than ever.

For example. Rumours is currently the 37th best-selling album of the year. Amazing. I'm pretty sure it's been within the Top 100 of the year-end list for the last 4 years or something ridiculous. The same goes for The Very Best of.

Take the latest chart also. I know the Buckingham Mcvie album is out and it's doing rather well here but honestly, it hasn't impacted FM album sales massively. They sell well regardless. Here's this weeks:

Rumours - #41
The Very Best of - #43

And this doesn't fluctuate that much throughout the year to be honest. It really is incredible. Both The Very Best of and Rumours have a residency on the album chart.

After all, Rumours has spent more weeks on the UK chart than any other album. That shows just how much us brits love them.

I know I go on quite a bit but I thought I'd share anyway. Thanks. :lol:

lennonfan 07-06-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James89 (Post 1213367)
Just thought I'd share something with you all. Every week, EVERY WEEK, AT LEAST one Fleetwood Mac album is on the Top 100 chart. Isn't this incredible? I've noticed this for a few years now and I just think it's amazing.

Fleetwood Mac are mind-bogglingly popular over here as I know they are around the world but I feel that with all the renewed interest especially amongst the younger generation, they are more popular now than ever.

For example. Rumours is currently the 37th best-selling album of the year. Amazing. I'm pretty sure it's been within the Top 100 of the year-end list for the last 4 years or something ridiculous. The same goes for The Very Best of.

Take the latest chart also. I know the Buckingham Mcvie album is out and it's doing rather well here but honestly, it hasn't impacted FM album sales massively. They sell well regardless. Here's this weeks:

Rumours - #41
The Very Best of - #43

And this doesn't fluctuate that much throughout the year to be honest. It really is incredible. Both The Very Best of and Rumours have a residency on the album chart.

After all, Rumours has spent more weeks on the UK chart than any other album. That shows just how much us brits love them.

I know I go on quite a bit but I thought I'd share anyway. Thanks. :lol:

what's funny about that is that for years FM were more popular here in the states, from the time Peter Green left....they sold more on this side of the pond, up to and including the '75 album which as I recall was a very minor hit over there while over the course of a year it finally hit no. 1 here. :)