The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Music Videos You Hate (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=13805)

littlelies7 04-10-2004 11:58 PM

Music Videos You Hate

Mine is a country music video: Garth Brooks' "The Red Strokes". If you ever see it, you'll see what I mean. Ugh! So scary!

In one part, this guy is dumped with red paint and to me... it looks like blood. It freaked the heck out of me. And it still does.

What is a music video you really hate?

greatdarkwing 04-11-2004 12:24 AM

"You are not alone" Michael Jackson .....ewwww LOL. Can I add the kiss at the MTV awards, LOL!

~Alex

wondergirl9847 04-11-2004 12:44 AM

Lol!

I just saw part of that Garth video on CMT's 100 Greatest Country Videos countdown. YUCK is right. First of all, I don't care for Garth, and that red paint does look like blood. :eek:

I hate any music video with half-nekkid girls shakin' their butt...in other words...most rap videos.

That Nine Inch Nails video, Closer, with the gross stuff in it. Bleh.

littlelies7 04-11-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
[FONT=Book Antiqua]I just saw part of that Garth video on CMT's 100 Greatest Country Videos countdown. YUCK is right. First of all, I don't care for Garth, and that red paint does look like blood. :eek:
FONT]

I thought I was the only one who was going "Aaaaahhhh!!! It looks like blood!!"

I hate (and am scared of) that video so much, when it came on once, I ran out of the room.

ryan8472 04-11-2004 07:43 AM

Music videos I hate?...

Basically everything they play on MTV. I wish I got VH1 Classic.....

estranged4life 04-11-2004 10:05 AM

I agree...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847

I hate any music video with half-nekkid girls shakin' their butt...in other words...most rap videos.

I hate ANY rap video I have ever seen...Rap videos are the biggest "Poser-Fests" available for public consumption!

DeadliestPoison 04-11-2004 11:04 AM

I can't really think of any music videos I hate, but I can think of a few I loooove:

Nelly Furtado's "Try" video, Dido's *first* "Here With Me" video, the Spice Girls' "Viva Forever" video (I have no shame). They're all so pretty.

GypsySorcerer 04-11-2004 12:03 PM

Yeah, I hate that Garth Brooks video too.

Mariah Carey's "Heartbreaker" gets on my nerves. Pretty much any Britney Spears video.

darklinensuit 04-11-2004 01:06 PM

I haven't had any music video channels in many years, so these should test your memories.
I hated:
- Howard Jones's "Science"
- "Don't You Want Me Baby" and any of the other early 80s videos where the women are in the super-shiny make-up
- "Electric Avenue"
- "Pop Music"
- I know I'll get slammed, but they ran "Sledgehammer" so much in those days I hope I never see it again

- Jake

Janet 04-11-2004 03:35 PM

Not to stereotype everyone single rap video, but like 85% of them are girls, wearing nothing, shaking something, while the rapper and his friends hold out their "bling". I find it annoying and I don't enjoy it at all.

I also was VERY disappointed with Dido's " White Flag" video..I can't watch it...terrible acting and too glossy and totally hides the beauty she is...

But now most videos are disappointing. At least Toxic gave you things to look for...now many ass and t*t shots you saw at least LOL.

Sorcerer386 04-11-2004 06:53 PM

I can't stand a lot of the alternative rock videos that just show the band members doing ordinary things. The videos are always dark looking. The one that comes to mind right now is Fuel's "Falls on Me," where it just shows them laying around in this filthy room, two people playing old school atari, etc. The whole grunge look and sound are just awful imo. But then, a video that I love that most people would laugh at me for is Norah Jones's "Sunrise." That video is just hilarious though...how could you not love Norah and her one eyebrowed backup singer (her other one is shaved) fishing in the pond, then looking down into it and seeing themselves dressed in sunflowers suits and dancing around? It's a nice song too.

skcin 04-11-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklinensuit
- I know I'll get slammed, but they ran "Sledgehammer" so much in those days I hope I never see it again

- Jake

UGH! I thought I was the ONLY person on earth who hated that one - Big Time wasn't much better...

I refuse to watch any video by Tool. Friends & fam would make fun of me cuz I would scream & run from the room when the video for "Prison Sex" came on - that weird little creepy/shaky/spastic thing/creature/guy scares the **** out of me to this day! Not a fan of Manson's vids either.

Paula

Catdancer 04-11-2004 08:08 PM

These days everybody seems to be naked in videos. They don't care about the music anymore, so I don't watch the video channels anymore. It's garbage.
Debbie

DeadliestPoison 04-11-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin
UGH! I thought I was the ONLY person on earth who hated that one - Big Time wasn't much better...

I refuse to watch any video by Tool. Friends & fam would make fun of me cuz I would scream & run from the room when the video for "Prison Sex" came on - that weird little creepy/shaky/spastic thing/creature/guy scares the **** out of me to this day! Not a fan of Manson's vids either.

Paula

Their "Schism" video scared the CRAP out of me. It had those grey people-lookin' things with red branch-ish things sticking out of their heads. aAaAAah!!

The song's really good, though.

DrummerDeanna 04-11-2004 10:19 PM

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the music video anymore...the last one I saw that I thought was great was Johnny Cash- Hurt..

But, as this thread is about videos we hate...

I agree...I hate any rap video (mostly because I hate the genre)..

Any Mariah Carey video
I also agree with Christy...any video that has naked girls shaking things etc...blah