The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rockline 1989 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58716)

Macfan4life 06-25-2019 05:27 AM

Rockline 1989

I love all these new uploads to youtube. I remember listening to this in 1989. This is a sensational interview where Stevie talks about hiring Rubert Hine, inspiration behind Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. She also talks about the upcoming Mac album and how its more back to rock and blues sounds. She takes some good questions too. She opens up about Tom Petty calling her a pop star and how angry it made her. Great stuff and great promo for the album and tour. I think this is the last good interview before the lights went completely out for several years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAdhl51GjC0

Neal 06-25-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1253295)
I love all these new uploads to youtube. I remember listening to this in 1989. This is a sensational interview where Stevie talks about hiring Rubert Hine, inspiration behind Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. She also talks about the upcoming Mac album and how its more back to rock and blues sounds. She takes some good questions too. She opens up about Tom Petty calling her a pop star and how angry it made her. Great stuff and great promo for the album and tour. I think this is the last good interview before the lights went completely out for several years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAdhl51GjC0

I'm pretty sure I've never heard this interview before (unless I have it buried on a compilation cassette somewhere)! And yes, she's surprisingly coherent considering the era! :nod:

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

DashingDan 06-26-2019 01:56 PM

Her lights may still be on in that interview, but you can clearly hear that dimmer switch making its way to off position.

Macfan4life 06-26-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DashingDan (Post 1253322)
Her lights may still be on in that interview, but you can clearly hear that dimmer switch making its way to off position.

Yep. I know what you mean. There is pause before thinking and speaking. Its easy to look back and hear it but in 1989 its a damn good interview and she's pretty sharp.

Richard B 06-27-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1253323)
Yep. I know what you mean. There is pause before thinking and speaking. Its easy to look back and hear it but in 1989 its a damn good interview and she's pretty sharp.

Gee, how would you know there was a pause before thinking? Since when does thinking have words?

lilyfee 07-01-2019 09:49 PM

Wow, so much love for Buckingham Nicks, even then! I like her little stories... there was a lot in here that I’d never heard before and it is cute to hear Stevie responding directly to fan questions.

Neal 07-03-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1253398)
Wow, so much love for Buckingham Nicks, even then! I like her little stories... there was a lot in here that I’d never heard before and it is cute to hear Stevie responding directly to fan questions.

It's hard to imagine her taking any sort of candid of questions from fans these days... :o

lilyfee 07-06-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal (Post 1253418)
It's hard to imagine her taking any sort of candid of questions from fans these days... :o

I wish she would, because we have so many questions!:eek:

Macfan4life 07-06-2019 06:45 PM

My favorite parts of this is her details about the meaning of the songs Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. Made me like the songs so much more.

ricohv 07-11-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1253443)
My favorite parts of this is her details about the meaning of the songs Ghosts and Two Kinds of Love. Made me like the songs so much more.

Me too! I used to live for these things back in the day. It's amazing before social media (and before Stevie talked so much) how much mystique she had.
Those were the golden years of my fandom.

AliceLover 07-15-2019 11:38 AM

She also speaks to "Cryin in the Night" directly and discusses the inspiration. I tried to find a way to send her the link because she mentioned on the 24 karat gold tour that she couldn't remember who it was about. She knew it was a movie, but in this interview she lists the actress and title of movie.

vivfox 07-17-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceLover (Post 1253553)
She also speaks to "Cryin in the Night" directly and discusses the inspiration. I tried to find a way to send her the link because she mentioned on the 24 karat gold tour that she couldn't remember who it was about. She knew it was a movie, but in this interview she lists the actress and title of movie.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::laugh:

bombaysaffires 07-17-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliceLover (Post 1253553)

and........you're gonna keep us waiting? or having to wade through the whole recording? :shrug:

AliceLover 07-17-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1253593)
and........you're gonna keep us waiting? or having to wade through the whole recording? :shrug:

Wow, the ledge certainly has gotten feistier with age...

I can't remember exactly, I know it was around the 50 minute marker. It was also an actress I didn't recognize by name.

michelej1 07-17-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1253592)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::laugh:

I bet Stevie can click a link. Look, there are too many funny animal memes on YouTube for Karen not to be able to send her links to clink. That’s got to make up 50% of her entertainment.