The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Favorite Bekka song from Time (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45139)

MacShadowsBall 11-14-2010 04:05 PM

Favorite Bekka song from Time

Here's the poll for your favorite Bekka song from Time. "Dreaming the Dream," "Nothing Without You," and "Winds of Change" are your choices.

"Talking to My Heart" and "I Got It in For You" will go to Billy.

Poll closes in 4 days. :cool:

TerraRhiannon 11-14-2010 05:00 PM

I've never heard any of these songs, therefore I shouldn't vote. Maybe that will be my next voyage - finding these songs and listening to them.

iamnotafraid 11-15-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 921407)
I've never heard any of these songs, therefore I shouldn't vote. Maybe that will be my next voyage - finding these songs and listening to them.

Consider yourself lucky.
Now turn away from the
computer and never, I
repeat never listen to or
seek out these songs.

ONE DAY YOU'LL THANK ME!

holidayroad 11-16-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 921407)

If you enjoy Christine, you should buy Time. She has some great songs on the album.

TerraRhiannon 11-16-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 921730)
Consider yourself lucky.
Now turn away from the
computer and never, I
seek out these songs.

ONE DAY YOU'LL THANK ME!

Okay thanks for the advice..:lol: I might listen to Christine`s songs though - from what Holideyroad said, they sound like the eye of the storm.

chiliD 11-16-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 921730)
Consider yourself lucky.
Now turn away from the
computer and never, I
seek out these songs.

ONE DAY YOU'LL THANK ME!

UP YOURS! :mad:

TrueFaith77 11-16-2010 03:00 PM

"Nothing Without You" is stellar and "Talkin' to My Heart" is beyond stellar. Those Mac fans who diss Time and Bekka are missing out.

MacShadowsBall 11-16-2010 03:10 PM

Yeah I don't get all this dislike-hatred for Time. :confused: It's not a bad album, as a whole. You might not like certain songs, certain vocalist, but to label the whole album as awful, bad, etc. isn't fair. I'm not a fan of Lindsey's songs, but that doesn't mean the Tusk album is awful - it just means that I don't like his songs.

ButterCookie 11-16-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon (Post 921821)
Okay thanks for the advice..:lol: I might listen to Christine`s songs though - from what Holideyroad said, they sound like the eye of the storm.

Listen to Christine's songs and then turn it off :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 921869)
Yeah I don't get all this dislike-hatred for Time. :confused: It's not a bad album, as a whole. You might not like certain songs, certain vocalist, but to label the whole album as awful, bad, etc. isn't fair. I'm not a fan of Lindsey's songs, but that doesn't mean the Tusk album is awful - it just means that I don't like his songs.

I don't like Dave's songs either, don't worry ;)

bretonbanquet 11-16-2010 09:28 PM

Time is a pretty good album. I have to say though, even though I generally like Christine, her songs on this album are blaaand and dull. "I Do" is ok, but please spare me "Nights in Estoril" and so on. I like Bekka's stuff, and I like her voice, but then I'm not clouded by that sad ol' Stevie blindness :rolleyes:

"Talkin' to My Heart" is excellent, as is "Winds of Change". If somebody can't take the songs at face value, then it's their loss.

Street_Dreamer 11-17-2010 11:51 AM

I voted for Dreaming The Dream. I don't have a particular reason why I prefer it over the other songs, I just do.

Matt

iamnotafraid 11-17-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 921835)
UP YOURS! :mad:

Say what?

I'm just trying to keep it real.

chiliD 11-17-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 922121)
Say what?

I'm just trying to keep it real.

"Real"?? What a bunch of bull%(*&.

You're a "hater". Simple as that. Another effing Time hater...and you call yourself a Fleetwood Mac fan?? A pox upon you. But only a SMALLpox. :mad:

iamnotafraid 11-17-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 922127)
But only a SMALLpox. :mad:

I've had my shot, so I'm going to be fine.

As far as hating TIME, well...

My hate is more for it weakening
the Fleetwood Mac Brand.
It certainly did them no favors.

But as I said, I do like Bekka's
Winds Of Change.

chiliD 11-17-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 922136)
My hate is more for it weakening
the Fleetwood Mac Brand.
It certainly did them no favors.

"The Fleetwood Mac Brand" was ruined in February 1977. Time had NOTHING to do with it.