The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bob Welch / Stevie Nicks - Ebony Eyes Live (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44094)

Artemis 06-20-2010 08:25 PM

Bob Welch / Stevie Nicks - Ebony Eyes Live

Oh wow! I don't know if this has been posted before, but, I was browsing songs on youtube, and found this. It's great. I've never heard the song, but definitely interested in hearing the original now.

Stevie is a great addition here too, she's a brilliant backup singer, and it looks like they're having so much fun!

LikeAWillow 06-20-2010 08:51 PM

She's so gorgeous. And so high. I love her :laugh:

Aussie W/Heart 06-20-2010 09:15 PM

Showing my age here, but this song I remember was a big hit in Australia, one of my fav's at the time. Stevie's sure having a rocking good time.

desertangel 06-21-2010 12:28 AM

wasn't this one the one where during the guitar part she starts twirling around really fast about a hundred times? I spent some time one evening looking for that video and never found it. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

vivfox 06-21-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertangel (Post 896803)
wasn't this one the one where during the guitar part she starts twirling around really fast about a hundred times? I spent some time one evening looking for that video and never found it. Anyone know which one I'm talking about?

That's from the Rosebud show during I'm So Afraid or World Turning, one of those. At the Cotton Bowl I believe. Anyway it was an outdoor show you are talking about, right?

desertangel 06-21-2010 08:32 AM

Yes, it was an outdoor show. I thought she was wearing a similar outfit. I'll look for clips from that show, see if I can find it. Thanks!!

Sanne2 06-21-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertangel (Post 896838)
Yes, it was an outdoor show. I thought she was wearing a similar outfit. I'll look for clips from that show, see if I can find it. Thanks!!

Maybe the the footage from Day On The Green '76? She twirls like crazy in that one.

chiliD 06-21-2010 03:01 PM

Ok...I mention this everytime somebody posts this video.

I WAS THERE IN THE AUDIENCE!! :thumbsup: (what? you didn't see me? I was on camera a couple of times!! When the on stage camera is panning the crowd after the helicopter shots!!)

Welch & Company were great for it being about 10am when their set started! Stevie & Mick must've still been up from partying the night before.
That's Todd Sharp on guitar behind Stevie.

Isn't that the same outfit that Stevie wore in the "Chicken Coop" photo session from about 1975/76???

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 896806)
That's from the Rosebud show during I'm So Afraid or World Turning, one of those. At the Cotton Bowl I believe. Anyway it was an outdoor show you are talking about, right?

The outdoor concert footage from the Rosebud video was filmed at the campus football field at University of California, Santa Barbara in May 1976. How do I know? (as I mentioned above...I WAS THERE IN THE AUDIENCE!! :thumbsup:)

goldustsongbird 06-21-2010 04:48 PM

Bob Welch = BAMF.

jannieC 06-21-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 896902)
Ok...I mention this everytime somebody posts this video.

I WAS THERE IN THE AUDIENCE!! :thumbsup: (what? you didn't see me? I was on camera a couple of times!! When the on stage camera is panning the crowd after the helicopter shots!!)

Welch & Company were great for it being about 10am when their set started! Stevie & Mick must've still been up from partying the night before.
That's Todd Sharp on guitar behind Stevie.

Isn't that the same outfit that Stevie wore in the "Chicken Coop" photo session from about 1975/76???

The outdoor concert footage from the Rosebud video was filmed at the campus football field at University of California, Santa Barbara in May 1976. How do I know? (as I mentioned above...I WAS THERE IN THE AUDIENCE!! :thumbsup:)

Somehow I missed this on previous Ebony Eyes threads- that is very cool. If I had been there, I would mention it each time too! :woohoo:

SortaSavageLike 06-21-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 896902)
(as I mentioned above...I WAS THERE IN THE AUDIENCE!! :thumbsup:)

Where can I find you in the Zapruder film? ;)

ragrsrocalot 06-22-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis (Post 896781)
Oh wow! I don't know if this has been posted before, but, I was browsing songs on youtube, and found this. It's great. I've never heard the song, but definitely interested in hearing the original now.

Stevie is a great addition here too, she's a brilliant backup singer, and it looks like they're having so much fun!

Maybe you would like this one as well

SapphireSister 06-22-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot (Post 897104)
Maybe you would like this one as well

I'd pay top dollar to be that tambourine and have Stevie banging on me like that in a mini-skirt! :shocked:

chiliD 06-23-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike (Post 896944)
Where can I find you in the Zapruder film? ;)

I wasn't in camera view...I was behind him on the Grassy Knoll. :laugh: (what the hell was it that whizzed by my ear?)

Stevie_Buck 07-06-2010 01:02 PM

Love that song and video!