The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BuckVie, A Month Later, What's Your Order? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57328)

jbrownsjr 07-07-2017 07:17 PM

BuckVie, A Month Later, What's Your Order?

It's almost been a full month. I don't know if my list has changed; but, I love this album so much more than when it was first released. In context, it really really shines. It's such a fantastic album.

1. Carnival Begin
2. Too Far Gone
3. Love is Here To Stay
4. In My World
5. On With The Show
6. Sleeping Around The Corner
7. Game Of Pretend
8. Red Sun
9. Feel About You
10.Lay Down For Free

BLY 07-07-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1213533)
It's almost been a full month. I don't know if my list has changed; but, I love this album so much more than when it was first released. In context, it really really shines. It's such a fantastic album.

1. Carnival Begin
2. Too Far Gone
3. Love is Here To Stay
4. In My World
5. On With The Show
6. Sleeping Around The Corner
7. Game Of Pretend
8. Red Sun
9. Feel About You
10.Lay Down For Free

After having this for a month and loving every track I just can't rank this anymore. I love all the tracks the same.

lennonfan 07-08-2017 04:55 AM

I love all the tracks as well and for me this is the FM album I've been waiting for. There's such a balance between these two, I just knew it was gonna be super special. ....and it was.

HomerMcvie 07-08-2017 09:25 AM

This is tough.....
1. On With The Show
2. Red Sun
3. Sleeping Around The Corner
4. Feel About You
5. In My World
6. Too Far Gone
7. Game Of Pretend
8. Carnival Begin(I don't understand y'all's obsession)
9. Love is Here To Stay
10.Lay Down For Free

Some of those are ties, that just ended up next to each other.

John Run 07-08-2017 01:52 PM

It is such a well crafted pop-rock collection. For me there are no bad songs.

3 A+ songs. Up there with anything in the group or solo legacy. 4 very good A- songs. 3 B songs

A+
On With The Show
In My World
Carnival Begin

A-
Too Far Gone
Red Sun
Sleeping Around The Corner
Love is Here To Stay

B
Feel About You - Love the pop craft of this song, lyrics within the verses weaken it for me
Lay Down For Free
Game of Pretend - Again such a cool pop choral arrangement, just lyrically needs to give me more.

Hawkeye 07-08-2017 02:08 PM

Top 3 is the same as day 1. Game of Pretend has rocketed up the list since hearing it on high quality car speakers. I don't care what anyone says there is always a noticeable slight difference in sound quality with CDs as. Any digital format, really feel there is not one bad song. I do occasionally skip lay down for free unless my OCD need to listen to the album start to finish is really kicking in then I can't! And it's crazy how like many others have said, it's strange how much more I love in my world within the album. It's really just as good as big love, it was just a terrible song to tease the album with.

1. Carnival Begin
2. Too Far Gone
3. In My World
4. Game of Pretend
5. On with the show
6. Red Sun
7. Love is here to stay
8. Feel about you
9. Sleeping around the corner
10. Lay Down for free

jwd 07-08-2017 02:43 PM

1. On with the Show - My absolute favorite. Isn't "life" the "show"?
2. In My World - This song has grown on me a lot since first listen.
3. Feel About You - Never thought this would become my favorite Christine track from the record. Love the quirky sound sans the somewhat trite lyrics.
4. Game of Pretend - Another surprise as to how much this song has grown on me over the last month. Outstanding Christine vocal and piano.
5. Lay Down for Free - I find myself coming back to this song quite a bit. Maybe it has something to do with the voices in my head?
6. Love is Here to Stay - Very nice Lindsey acoustic song. Get caught up in the picking and the words.
7. Too Far Gone - Good upbeat track to give the album some better dynamics. Comparable to World Turning, but in my opinion falls short on the majesty of the latter. Sometimes less is more.
8. Carnival Begin - At first listen, this song literally blew me away, but has lost a lot of its' initial impact. I'm finding it a little tiresome to listen to lately.
9. Red Sun - Along the same line as Carnival Begin. It's a nice song, but doesn't hold my attention. There's really nothing new to discover once you hear it the first time.
10. Sleeping Around the Corner - I suppose this one's last because it's probably Lindsey's quirkiest song. Never been a fan of that side of him.

All in all I think this a fantastic FM album. And I really do like all the tracks, especially when listening to it from start to finish.

Some of these opinions are subject to change.

blinker12 07-08-2017 05:40 PM

1. Lay Down for Free
2. Love Is Here To Stay
3. Sleeping Around the Corner
4. Carnival Begin
5. On With the Show
6. Red Sun
7. Feel About You
8. Game of Pretend (the chorus- I just can't)
9. In My World
10. Too Far Gone (but fun live)

WatchChain 07-08-2017 05:46 PM

The question still looms with me regarding this whole project. Why didn't they just have John and Mick play bass and drums on the whole record and call it "Fleetwood Mac"? Let me get this straight:

Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie CANNOT be called "Fleetwood Mac".

BUT

Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Stevie Nicks CAN be called "Fleetwood Mac".

What the heck is the difference? It seems clear and it all boils down to having the name "Stevie Nicks" on the bill. The band and its management are well aware that a unit called Fleetwood Mac recording and touring WITHOUT Stevie Nicks will hurt the Fleetwood Mac "brand" and confuse consumers. It's clear that marketing and the band's ability to fill arenas as a dinosaur rock act equal more money in pockets. Which leaves us with fickle Stevie.

Roxy 07-08-2017 05:52 PM

1. Too Far Gone
2. Red Sun
3. Sleeping Around The Corner
4. In My World
5. On With The Show
6. Love Is Here To Stay
7. Lay Down For Free
8. Feel About You
9. Carnival Begin
10. Game Of Pretend
This was really difficult because I believe every song on this album is great! It's such a blessing.

jwd 07-08-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1213562)
The question still looms with me regarding this whole project. Why didn't they just have John and Mick play bass and drums on the whole record and call it "Fleetwood Mac"? Let me get this straight:

Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie CANNOT be called "Fleetwood Mac".

BUT

Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Stevie Nicks CAN be called "Fleetwood Mac".

What the heck is the difference?
It seems clear and it all boils down to having the name "Stevie Nicks" on the bill. The band and its management are well aware that a unit called Fleetwood Mac recording and touring WITHOUT Stevie Nicks will hurt the Fleetwood Mac "brand" and confuse consumers. It's clear that marketing and the band's ability to fill arenas as a dinosaur rock act equal more money in pockets. Which leaves us with fickle Stevie.

The difference is, first case scenario Stevie is still in the band. Second case, Christine was NOT in the band. All comes down to politics, and as Christine said, makes it less confusing to just call it Buckingham McVie. AND supposedly it was never intended to be a FM record. So there you have it, for what it's worth................

HomerMcvie 07-08-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatchChain (Post 1213562)

BUT

What the heck is the difference? It seems clear and it all boils down to having the name "Stevie Nicks" on the bill. The band and its management are well aware that a unit called Fleetwood Mac recording and touring WITHOUT Stevie Nicks will hurt the Fleetwood Mac "brand" and confuse consumers. It's clear that marketing and the band's ability to fill arenas as a dinosaur rock act equal more money in pockets. Which leaves us with fickle Stevie.

I love you! Marry me!

GypsySorcerer 07-08-2017 11:17 PM

1) In My World. I liked it well enough when it was first released, but it's become my favorite. It's such a brilliant, sophisticated pop song.
2) Red Sun. It just makes me happy, and it has that FM feel.
3) Carnival Begin. Love the lyrics and the mood.
4) On with the Show. Very FM-like, but the "on with the shows" get a bit tiresome after awhile.
5) Too Far Gone. The energy/drum breaks mitigate the lesser lyrics.
6) Love is Here to Stay. This one has dropped a bit for me. I still like it, but it's no Rock Away Blind.

7) Sleeping Around the Corner. I like it, but did he HAVE to croak the verses? And say "little red rover?" :eek:
8) Lay Down For Free. Nothing spectacular, but pleasant.
9) Game of Pretend. Chris' vocal is nice, and that's about the only good thing I have to say.
10). Feel About You. Too saccharine, even by Christine's standards.

secret love 07-09-2017 12:08 AM

Fleetwood Mac's swansong record

As far as I am concerned this album is Fleetwood Mac's swansong. And what a way to end it.

Stevie Nicks has made a quintet album impossible but let Fleetwood Mac's Quartet rock on! They have produced the greatest Fleetwood Mac album since Mirage. Better than Tango, better than Say You Will. It's pure gold.

Lay Down for Free and On with the Show are my personal favourites. Of Christine's songs (controversial choice) I love Feel About You.

I sincerely hope that if Stevie continues to refuse to record with them, that the quartet put out another album and call Stevie's bluff by naming it Fleetwood Mac. Happy days, happy listening!

HomerMcvie 07-09-2017 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1213578)
As far as I am concerned this album is Fleetwood Mac's swansong. And what a way to end it.

Stevie Nicks has made a quintet album impossible but let Fleetwood Mac's Quartet rock on! They have produced the greatest Fleetwood Mac album since Mirage. Better than Tango, better than Say You Will. It's pure gold.

Lay Down for Free and On with the Show are my personal favourites. Of Christine's songs (controversial choice) I love Feel About You.

I sincerely hope that if Stevie continues to refuse to record with them, that the quartet put out another album and call Stevie's bluff by naming it Fleetwood Mac. Happy days, happy listening!

I agree completely(except for Lay Down For Free, lol). This is probably IT.

Our only hope is that they DID have enough fun with this project to do it again. I love this album so much!