The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ~*We Will Never Forget You, John Lennon*~ (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17206)

GODDESS6 12-08-2004 08:52 PM

~*We Will Never Forget You, John Lennon*~

GONE TOO SOON, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER

JOHN LENNON
1940-1980
R.I.P.

GODDESS6 12-08-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
Oh John. My mother was in coincidentally in Liverpool on his anniversary, probably staring at his house (Mendips) and the Cavern Club not at all appreciating what he really was, but simply ogling at what 'The Beatles' were.

John is my ultimate hero. Not Lindsey, not Jimmy. I spent my highschool years being teased by random kids I'd never seen before, for loving an old dead guy and being angry that he died before I was born. The only person who's death made me cry, 15 years after it even occured.

A Day In The Life, the greatest song ever written. Crank that one up loud in the car and embarrass your 'cool' friends, and then proceed to yell at them to get the f*ck out as they can't appreciate genius. I just got his Acoutist cd too, although I've already got heaps of demos and they really weren't the best selection.

That's not the point. The point is I love John, but I think I finally got over the fact that he's dead. Still I plan to be at Strawberry Fields (the fake one) next year on his 25th anniversary.

wow, lux thanx 4 sharing that~ really!!!~ & i agree w/ u about "a day in the life", i f_ckin' LUV that song~ i was 12 when he was so *bleeping* senselessly murdered & it was the only time i saw my father cry, it was when he was telling me after i got home from school about what had happened~ i love john too, i saw strawberry fields when visiting NYC in '95, it was very surreal yeat so peaceful, was an awesome experience~

again lux, thanx 4 sharing :xoxo: ~

CrystalVisions 12-08-2004 09:55 PM

John Lennon was such an incredible person. Not only was his music so unique and beautiful, but John himself was such a beautiful human being. 20 years ago, I came across a book that featured the entire transcripts of the interviews Playboy Magazine did with John and Yoko, in September of 1980. That book forever changed my life, as did he.

To this day, I cannot listen to 'Woman' ~ it just breaks my heart. To hear the songs he recorded in 1980, full of hope and vision of his future...it all just breaks my heart...it's just not fair.

It's so great to see how John touched others here too ~ thanks so much for posting.

Much Love ~
Claudia

ThePenguin 12-08-2004 09:55 PM

Marty and I went to wander around NYC one or two years ago (we try to go every year but it doesn't always work out), and we happened to find ourselves right by the Dakota so we stopped there to sort of look it over. A non-English speaking doorman happened was standing nearby, and I made eye contact with him. He looked at us, and I suppose he assumed we were about to ask him what most people ask him (although we weren't going to ask anything, of course the question was in our minds...)-- he then proceeded to make a 'gun' with his hand and held it to his head, then wordlessly pointed to the archway/area where John was shot, and nodded to us. It was creepy and moving and incredibly sad.

It's such a shame, what happened to him.

-Lis

strandinthewind 12-08-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Marty and I went to wander around NYC one or two years ago (we try to go every year but it doesn't always work out), and we happened to find ourselves right by the Dakota so we stopped there to sort of look it over. A non-English speaking doorman happened was standing nearby, and I made eye contact with him. He looked at us, and I suppose he assumed we were about to ask him what most people ask him (although we weren't going to ask anything, of course the question was in our minds...)-- he then proceeded to make a 'gun' with his hand and held it to his head, then wordlessly pointed to the archway/area where John was shot, and nodded to us. It was creepy and moving and incredibly sad.

It's such a shame, what happened to him.

-Lis

Wow - that is incredible. I have been by The Dakota and even in it (GO if you ever have the chance - it is something out of a dream) - I totally got a vibe of Lennon. He was just great. He was a true legend. I wish him to RIP!!!!! Hugs to you Mr. Lennon :xoxo:

ThePenguin 12-08-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Wow - that is incredible. I have been by The Dakota and even in it (GO if you ever have the chance - it is something out of a dream) - I totally got a vibe of Lennon. He was just great. He was a true legend. I wish him to RIP!!!!! Hugs to you Mr. Lennon :xoxo:

I got a weird vibe just standing there looking at that spot. Very odd feeling.

-Lis

DrummerDeanna 12-08-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

I got a weird vibe just standing there looking at that spot. Very odd feeling.

-Lis

My sister and I went to NYC a couple of years ago (my first time) - we went to see Paul McCartney at MSG - and were only there for a couple of days - but one of the things on my agenda - the first thing I wanted to see - was the Dakota and Strawberry Fields - so yep - it was amazing - and such a vibe in that area - it was profound experience in my life...

estranged4life 12-08-2004 10:45 PM

Amen...

he will NEVER be forgotten...

Brian j.

DeeGeMe 12-08-2004 10:58 PM

I can remember the night that I heard he'd been shot like it was yesterday.

It's funny though--as many times as I've been to NYC, I've never been to the Dakota (seen it--been never been right up to it). I don't really know why but I guess it was that I just didn't want to go to a place associated with the death of such a great man.

WelshWitchPMD 12-09-2004 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a photo that I took of the Imagine mosaic in Central Park this past Oct.

WelshWitchPMD 12-09-2004 12:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few photos that I took outside of the Dakota on Oct 9 2004 which would have been his 64th birthday. I was in NYC for Columbus weekend.

Janet 12-09-2004 12:31 AM

R.I.P. John Lennon.

I was only just 3 when he died. I don't remember it.

But he is a part of my life, of everyone's life. His music and message are just a part of our everyday exsistance.

Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts.

:angel:

gldstwmn 12-09-2004 01:54 AM

People say I'm Crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball?

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

People asking questions lost in confusion
Well I tell them there's no problem, only solutions
Well they shake their heads and look at me as if I've lost my mind
I tell them there's no hurry...
I'm just sitting here doing time

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

estranged4life 12-09-2004 04:04 AM

Man....

I hope the shooting of Dimebag Darrell tonite wasnt a copycat of some twisted a*hole who wanted to get the same attention that David "Waste of humanity" Chapman received 24 years ago when he murdered our beloved John Lennon.

Brian j.

celestenadia 12-09-2004 04:30 AM

The day that John Lennon was taken from us was the day my childhood ended.
Other than 9/11, it was the most heavy & dark day in my life.

GODDESS6 12-09-2004 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Here are a few photos that I took outside of the Dakota on Oct 9 2004 which would have been his 64th birthday. I was in NYC for Columbus weekend.

awesome pics, whata a grand & beautiful place~ ot, wasn't "rosemary's baby" filmed @ the dakota also?~
have a groovy day every1~

strandinthewind 12-09-2004 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6
awesome pics, whata a grand & beautiful place~ ot, wasn't "rosemary's baby" filmed @ the dakota also?~
have a groovy day every1~

Yes, it was. Interestinglty, the Upper West Side, where The Dakota is located, experienced a rebirth in the late 80's and early 90's. Many people bought properties there before then for next to nothing and now have properties worth several million dollars. Sadly, in that time period, many of the original units were cut down and altered, which made them lose them original florrplans, etc. As an aside and just because I think that building is particularly beautiful, here are some of the properties currently for sale in The Dakota:

http://www.elliman.com/Listing.aspx?...archType=quick

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/proper...n=&fromrentyn=

http://www.brownharrisstevens.com/detail.aspx?id=347915

Don't ya love that people can pay millions for the unit (probably all cash) and then have enough left over to satisfy the co-ops financial solvency requirements (probably purchase price in cash) and then have enough left over to pay several thousand a month in the co-op fee :eek:

GODDESS6 12-09-2004 08:33 AM

Quote:

Yes, it was. Interestinglty, the Upper West Side, where The Dakota is located, experienced a rebirth in the late 80's and early 90's. Many people bought properties there before then for next to nothing and now have properties worth several million dollars. Sadly, in that time period, many of the original units were cut down and altered, which made them lose them original florrplans, etc. As an aside and just because I think that building is particularly beautiful, here are some of the properties currently for sale in The Dakota:

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/proper...n=&fromrentyn=

http://www.brownharrisstevens.com/detail.aspx?id=347915

Don't ya love that people can pay millions for the unit (probably all cash) and then have enough left over to satisfy the co-ops financial solvency requirements (probably purchase price in cash) and then have enough left over to pay several thousand a month in the co-op fee :eek:

wow, thanx!!! :] ~

ThePenguin 12-09-2004 08:36 AM

Looking at those floorplans is interesting. it's amazing how much people will pay for for so little space!!!! Good Lord, the kitchens are like the size of a large bathroom. But then again look at your view...and just being in the city by Central Park..priceless. It's always been a little dream of mine to have a place in the city.

At those prices-- never gonna happen!!

-Lis

CrystalVisions 12-09-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
I cannot listen to Grow Old With Me. I lie, I can listen to it and I do, it just doesn't sit well. To be written at any stage would have made it tragic, but to be part of the to-be-released recordings, well it's too tragic, as if he was expecting his own death. Listening to that followed by In My Life, plus perhaps the "I can hardly wait, to see you come of age" line in Beautiful Boy might be the key to making me cry. So might stabbing me with some kind of dagger, but the latter example isn't particularly relevant.

Me, too. I have a hard time with any song from 'Double Fantasy' and 'Milk & Honey.' I never knew who John was until he was gone...I'll never forget that night. I powerful storm rocked through the valley I lived in...thunder, lightening, winds like you wouldn't believe. I was ten years old, and I just shook under my covers all night. The next morning, December 9th, I saw the news on TV. My older sister brought 'Double Fantasy' home, and told me more about what had happened to him. I had to listen to that record; I had to learn more about who he was. I spent the next few years getting to know his music, but mostly, who he was...what he stood for, what he thought, how he felt...I was so blown away by his intelligence and honesty. I now have a huge collection that I keep, of interviews and music, etc., but I must admit, I don't listen to it often. It just makes me too sad.

My friend Marvin died last February from a tragic accident, but about six months before he died, he took a trip to NYC. My phone rang; it was Marvin, standing out in front of The Dakota. For him standing there, it was much like others have described standing there...so sad. But it was his way of making sure I was there with him as he experienced it...he knew how much John had meant to me, and the impact he had made upon my life. He then walked across the street to 'Strawberry Fields,' with me still on the phone. He described how beautiful the 'Imagine' art was on the ground in the park, and all of the great fans there, celebrating John's life. A few days later, in my mail, a package arrived. Marvin had sent me a huge portrait of the 'Imagine' circle, beautifully framed. Especially now that Marvin has passed on, it's one of my most prized possessions...

Claudia

strandinthewind 12-09-2004 09:03 AM

Quote:

Looking at those floorplans is interesting. it's amazing how much people will pay for for so little space!!!! Good Lord, the kitchens are like the size of a large bathroom. But then again look at your view...and just being in the city by Central Park..priceless. It's always been a little dream of mine to have a place in the city.

At those prices-- never gonna happen!!

-Lis

Amen darlin' :laugh:

BUT - I have friends on all levels who live in NYC. The difference is pretty apprent though :laugh: - and I am FAR to large loud and busy to live with my two Scotties in a 600 sq. ft. walk up studio for $1,500 a month :laugh:

GateandGarden 12-09-2004 10:42 AM

I wish I'd been around yesterday and seen this thread. I was thinking about him all day yesterday as well. I even wrote stuff about him on my finals exams, even when it was inappropriate to do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
I cannot listen to Grow Old With Me. I lie, I can listen to it and I do, it just doesn't sit well. To be written at any stage would have made it tragic, but to be part of the to-be-released recordings, well it's too tragic, as if he was expecting his own death. Listening to that followed by In My Life, plus perhaps the "I can hardly wait, to see you come of age" line in Beautiful Boy might be the key to making me cry. So might stabbing me with some kind of dagger, but the latter example isn't particularly relevant.

I can't listen to "Grow Old With Me" at all. :distress: I remember when my Mom told me about the song and brought me a copy. She played it for me in my room and we both cried. I haven't listened to it since then. "Beautiful Boy" is hard to take as well.

But I just want to stress that I will NEVER forget him, and I think that is an amazing thing, since he died before I was born (as Lux was saying as well). That didn't stop him from having an effect on me.

Hillary

½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ® 12-09-2004 04:16 PM

Wouldn’t it be great to live life in peace? Living life without the distractions we’ve created. It’s hard to imagine because we make the thought complex just thinking about it. Trying to imagine a peaceful world with a head clogged full of other peoples sh!t isn’t easy. It’s amazing how stupid mankind’s become. Greed is the reason we’ve become what we are today. We need all these things to keep us occupied and for what? We create all this crap to blind us from the way we would truly like to live and we do it because we know what we want we'll never get.

Imagine no computer, radio, or TV. Imagine no hunger, illness, and worry. No need to survive. Without all these things there would have been created unimaginable wonderful things. The irony of the whole shabang is we can still do it but are we ready to give up our life to have it happen? I’m not talking war. I mean giving up everything you know. Everything you own. All your sh!t. Oh well as long as people have a vision for peace there’s still hope.

Oh man my prepackaged processed frozen and microwaved food item is done and the news is on. I can’t miss being programmed. “See ya soon John.” :wavey:

I’m insane so I had to add this: I was just thinking about my sh!t and what will happen to it when I’m gone. Somebody’s gonna have to do something with it. A few will take this or that. It will end up they’re sh!t and on and on until its such complete sh!t they throw it away. Then it’s the landfills sh!t . I’ll have to google a search on how much waste a person generates in they’re lifetime. I’ll bet it’s staggering.

jadegypsy 12-09-2004 05:11 PM

Funny, when I started reading this thread Penny Lane came on, as I finished Photograph came on... two Beatle related songs...
Anyways I am just starting to understand the significance of what john was saying so many years ago...Imagine is still one of my favorite songs...
It says so very much. Listening to the song Revolution after the elections and in light of the war was quite interesting, John seemed to see things so very clearly... Although I think In My Life is probably one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, and one of my top five songs...Atl east Johns music lives on for all eternity.

GODDESS6 12-09-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadegypsy
Listening to the song Revolution after the elections and in light of the war was quite interesting, John seemed to see things so very clearly... Although I think In My Life is probably one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard, and one of my top five songs...Atl east Johns music lives on for all eternity.

i love both of those songs 2 especially "in my life", 1 of the prettiest songs ever!!!~ always makes me nostalgic when i hear it~

BTFLCHLD 12-09-2004 07:35 PM

IMO This is a very moving dvd...particulary "Watching the Wheels", a compilation of home movie footage from the star's semi-reclusive Dakota years.

Tracks include: Imagine, Instant Karma (We All Shine On), Mother, Jealous Guy, Power to the People, Cold Turkey, Love, Mind Games, Whatever Gets You Through the Night, #9 Dream, Stand by Me, (Just Like) Starting Over, Woman, Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy), Watching the Wheels, Nobody Told Me, Borrowed Time, Working Class Hero, Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Give Peace a Chance

RIP JOHN :angel:
WE LOVE YOU

DeeGeMe 12-09-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Amen darlin' :laugh:

BUT - I have friends on all levels who live in NYC. The difference is pretty apprent though :laugh: - and I am FAR to large loud and busy to live with my two Scotties in a 600 sq. ft. walk up studio for $1,500 a month :laugh:

I read recently where the average price of a one-bedroom apartment in NYC is now over--get this--a million dollars. How the hell does anyone come up with a million bucks to buy an apartment? What kinds of salaries must these people make to afford to live in New York?

And Strand--it amazes me, and actually somewhat frightens me, that you have a working knowledge of NYC real estate firms! I love looking at those sites though-fun to see how the other have lives even if I can't figure out how the hell they afford it!

strandinthewind 12-09-2004 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeGeMe
I read recently where the average price of a one-bedroom apartment in NYC is now over--get this--a million dollars. How the hell does anyone come up with a million bucks to buy an apartment? What kinds of salaries must these people make to afford to live in New York?

And Strand--it amazes me, and actually somewhat frightens me, that you have a working knowledge of NYC real estate firms! I love looking at those sites though-fun to see how the other have lives even if I can't figure out how the hell they afford it!

Well, ya gotta be prepared :shrug: :laugh:

Seriously, to give you an example of why, I have a bunch of friends and relatives who live there. Some wealthy friends of mine about two years ago bought a million $$$ one bedroom place in a FABULOUS building on Central Park West. I got to look at the places they looked at, which included Roberta Flack's place in the Dakota. It was inspiring and somewhat scary and perhaps even humiliating all at once :laugh: I also thought about moving to NYC. I just had issues with having no space, etc. I like having a yard or at least access to one, which meant I had to live on Fifth (no way $$$$$ wise) or Central Park West, on which I could have affroded a rental facing a wall :laugh: - But, I chickened out :( Also, two Scotties in an 800 sq. foot apt. and working all day is a receipe for TROUBLE :eek: :laugh: Thus, I visit Manhattan with no commitment :laugh:

BTW - if you want to get your socks knocked off - go here:

http://www.corcoran.com/property/lis...stingID=742970

Unreal isn't it :eek:

Please also note that to live here, you have to pay the entire $70 million in cash, have probably at least that much afterward, and be able to meet the $47,767 MONTHLY maintenance cost :eek:

GODDESS6 12-09-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

BTW - if you want to get your socks knocked off - go here:

http://www.corcoran.com/property/lis...stingID=742970

Unreal isn't it :eek:

Please also note that to live here, you have to pay the entire $70 million in cash, have probably at least that much afterward, and be able to meet the $47,767 MONTHLY maintenance cost :eek:

holy mamma!!! :eek: ~

sounds gorgeous & geez look @ the view u would have, but wowzer on that price!!!~

Gwillaker 12-09-2004 08:38 PM

December 8th really does seem to be a tragic day. 24 years to the day after John Lennon was senslessly killed, and former Pantera/Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell is shot dead at a gig in Ohio, along with several fans. I just dont get this ****! :shrug:

Nico 12-07-2008 10:23 PM

Since tomorrow is December 8th I thought I'd bump this up...

I grew up listening to the Beatles and, like a lot of people, their music, words, voices have been ingrained in my subconscious for the better part of my life. For that alone, John's accomplishments as a musical artist should be exhumed in the panels of history for years to come. But he was so much more.

I have a great love and admiration for many different artists. Their music has moved me or left some kind of impact on my life, for whatever reason. And there will absolutely be more that I have not heard who will probably have a similar affect. But none of them can compare to John or how deeply his music has moved me. He is my absolute favorite, bar none (yup, not even Lindsey). And that will always be. I can't explain it or bother to try. And those who still can't understand him or think he's "overrated" or he reached his legendary status due to untimely death, well, that's on you. His music is otherworldly to me, and his person was blunt, honest, and hilarious. He never pretended to be anything but a flawed human who tried his best to do it right, openly admitting when he did not. And that is something rare to find these days: a famous person who isn't posing about for some hidden agenda or portraying themselves as some perfect, saint-like humanitarian.

He was enigmatic, troubled, sweet, cruel, funny, smart, quick, and absolutely fascinating. He opened himself up and he let people judge him, and he pursued his dreams without giving an eff what other people thought. There was so much about him that was just so very, very cool.

And that's how I feel about John Lennon. I'm grateful we had him for whatever time and so thankful for the music he made that I grew up with. He's forever the greatest to me, and even if I've heard an interview 100 times I can still laugh, be inspired, and drawn in. He's like the anti-dull. Love him.

http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz154outcome1.jpg

3rd World Man 10-10-2010 06:54 PM

~Remembering John Lennon~ I'm sitting here on my computer, trying got find a video clip of John Lennon I have where John is confronted by an intruder at his home, and calmly tries to reason with the man. (the video was out there, but the jerks at YouTube pulled it)

A synopsis of it is here: "A homeless man had broken into the Lennon grounds and had been sleeping there. Here we see that the man has an extremely personal connection with John s music and believes it was written just for him. John corrects him and says that his music is for everyone." John's compassion and trustworthy nature is such that he invites the man into his home and offers him breakfast. The man joins John and they eat breakfast together and talk.

This is as far as I got watching this video. The tears rolling down my cheeks made it impossible to watch more. I get tears in my eyes every time I think of that scene, imagining John approaching his killer with the same trust and compassion right before he was murdered.

I'm dating myself when I say that I remember that fateful day all too well. I was 18, and waiting in my Dad's truck while he got supplies for work, listening to the radio. It was cold, dreary and raining. Then they came on and said that John Lennon was dead, and then started playing his music. I broke down crying, sobbing in disbelief. I turned the radio off, I couldn't listen anymore. I cried quietly to myself the rest of the day, trying to hide it from my Dad.

That day still affects me. I can listen to John's music without tears, but if I try and watch anything about his murder, forget it. The tears come and I can't stop them. Trying to find that clip, I saw news reports from the day, the vigil outside The Dakota, an interview with Mark David Chapman…all of them brought tears.

I have no sympathy for Mark David Chapman. I hope he never gets out of prison. If he ever does, I'm sure someone will martyr themselves and take his life. I wish him a horrible, painful death for what he has done. He should have been put to death as soon as it was clear he was absolutely responsible for John's death. It is a travesty of justice that he gets to live, to breath the air, see the sunshine from time to time. while the world mourns the loss of John.

I realize that John would not agree with my opinion, and I am sorry John. While you imagined a world without religion, you were closer to God & Jesus than many could ever hope to be. Long live John Lennon :-)

bluefox4000 10-10-2010 07:01 PM

I wasn't even alive when he died and i miss him everyday. I still get sick when I think of what happened. He shall live on in his music and words forever. R.I.P John.....Love you.

Mick

msLinds 10-10-2010 09:32 PM

We Will Never Forget You, John Lennon

Third World Man and bluefox4000.I understand how you feel.I was in my 20's when John Lennon was murdered by that scumbag.It still is very sad how he died.I hope that cowardly killer never gets out of prison either.He can rot in prison the rest of this worthless life.
I agree with you about John. He shall live on in his music and words forever.Also in all our hearts. R.I.P John. We Love you.

estranged4life 10-10-2010 11:20 PM

I was 10 years old...

when John Lennon was sadly gunned down in 1980. I remember hearing Howard Cossell during the MNF that John Lennon was shot twice and was DOA at the hospital - That was the first time I can recall seeing my Mom cry, she was a MAJOR Beatles fan (I inherited her collection of Beatles memorabilia, including books, vinyl LP's and even a Beatles telephone that is a double decker Routemaster bus, see the link below for an image of this phone...And I use it as my landline/house phone) and I don't even recall her crying when my Dad died 3 years earlier (I don't recall much from 1977, excepts 3 funerals), I'm sure she cried over Dad, but the Beatles were of some importance because she wanted her kids to like rock 'n' roll...And they were the first band I recall listening to as a child.

I can, to this very moment, recall my Mom's sadness that Monday night back in 1980...My memories are sometimes too vivid.

RIP John

Here's a link to what the telephone looks like:
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7087035

golddustwoman77 10-13-2010 02:34 PM

As I stated on my Facebook status over the weekend, the world would be a better place, if John Lennon were still in it.......Imagine! Happy 70th Birthday, John. You are lovingly remembered and sadly missed. :distress:

Silver Springs 10-13-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustwoman77 (Post 914915)
As I stated on my Facebook status over the weekend, the world would be a better place, if John Lennon were still in it.......Imagine! Happy 70th Birthday, John. You are lovingly remembered and sadly missed. :distress:

Here here. One of the great fighters and patriarchs of the working class people sadly lost. I honed my fighting for a cause streak by listening to his music. He was a rarity the likes of which it is doubtful we would ever see again. It's too bad that I missed out on the era I was meant to live through and missed out on being involved in the scene. Darn....I should have been part of Warhol's celebrity artist collection :p

golddustwoman77 10-22-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 914917)
Here here. One of the great fighters and patriarchs of the working class people sadly lost. I honed my fighting for a cause streak by listening to his music. He was a rarity the likes of which it is doubtful we would ever see again. It's too bad that I missed out on the era I was meant to live through and missed out on being involved in the scene. Darn....I should have been part of Warhol's celebrity artist collection :p

Sounds like we are cut from the same cloth, Silver Springs! I have been told over and over again by SO many people who know me, that I was born at the wrong time and that I should have come of age in the 60s. I love the music, the art, the causes, the clothes, etc. I visited San Fransisco for a week on vacation, and I certainly felt at home there. I did the whole Haight/Ashbury thing, saw a show at the Fillmore, went to Golden Gate Park and the Panhandle, went to all the places that the rock band hung out and lived, etc. It was really awesome. I wish I could have lived it back then about circa 1965-1966.