The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stand Back (edit version) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=9218)

Travis 04-02-2003 10:33 PM

Stand Back (edit version)

Does anyone have or know where I can find an MP3 of the single edit version (the one that was on the 45 record) of Stand Back? I'd really appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks!

Travis

http://members.aol.com/lti313/mac/fmad.jpg

Johnny Stew 04-03-2003 05:28 PM

Best of luck finding it, Travis!
I've been searching for the very same thing (as well mp3s of the single edits of "Edge Of Seventeen," "Leather & Lace," "Gypsy," "Nightbird," and "I Can't Wait"), but I've had absolutely no luck.

If anyone has any of the above mp3s, please let me know!
And if I ever get ahold of the "Stand Back" edit, I'll let you know, Travis.

gypsysara 04-03-2003 05:59 PM

Isnt there an online swapping service like the now defunct Napster you could use? Just an idea. I got a few sweet versions of Landslide off Napster before it was closed.

Johnny Stew 04-03-2003 06:32 PM

I've tried Audio Galaxy (before it "closed"), KaZaA, and WinMX... all with no success. :(

misterbug 04-03-2003 11:01 PM

johnny stew, i know of 3 versions of gypsy.

the green album has an approx. 3:20 version,
VBoFM and mirage have a 4:21 version,
and the chain 2CD set has a 5:21 version.

drop me a line if you'd like me to email the 4 or 5 minute version (i don't have the green greatest hits with me at school). lemieuxp@bc.edu

SmthngOfADreamr 04-03-2003 11:03 PM

Is it even possible to make an mp3 from a 45? I have every 45, just not the technical prowess to make an mp3, except from CDs.

misterbug 04-03-2003 11:08 PM

its easy enough to get mp3's from records. you simply need a cord with a jack at each end (i.e., a headphone jack). then plug one end into the headphone jack on your phonograph and the other end into your input jack on the back of the computer. now open your sound recorder program (windows comes standard with 'sound recorder', which i use). play the record, press record on your computer, and bob's your uncle.

(this will save it as a .wav file. if you have a program that extracts mp3s from cds, it should also be able to convert wavs to mp3s. if not, just download CDex from download.com)

there may be a more technologically advanced way to do it, but i've always had luck with this method when i needed to get a song off a record, tape, or video.

good luck :D

SmthngOfADreamr 04-04-2003 04:38 PM

I'm having trouble locating the input jack on my laptop. Any suggestions?

saintbernard 04-04-2003 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I've been searching for the very same thing (as well mp3s of the single edits of "Edge Of Seventeen," "Leather & Lace," "Gypsy," "Nightbird," and "I Can't Wait"), but I've had absolutely no luck.

I've been searching for all these songs as well (along with the Stand Back edit).

Some more that seem to not want to be found: The Nightmare (7" version), Edge of Seventeen (German single edit, 12" promo long and 12" promo edit), Stand Back (promo long version 4:47) and Sisters of the Moon (remix long version 4:40).

If I ever find any of them I'll certainly share! :)

gldstwmn 04-06-2003 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saintbernard
I've been searching for all these songs as well (along with the Stand Back edit).

Some more that seem to not want to be found: The Nightmare (7" version), Edge of Seventeen (German single edit, 12" promo long and 12" promo edit), Stand Back (promo long version 4:47) and Sisters of the Moon (remix long version 4:40).

If I ever find any of them I'll certainly share! :)

I have a few versions of The Nightmare, can you descrbie the 7" version?

saintbernard 04-06-2003 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gldstwmn
I have a few versions of The Nightmare, can you descrbie the 7" version?
All I really know about it the running from SaraRhiannon's Demo Diaries: 5:08.

I'm sorry I can't provide more info. Perhaps someone who has heard it could describe it better?? :confused: