The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Present Band (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Next Year (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58671)

Storms123 05-01-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1252414)
In other words: "I made some good money on the Mac tour to fund my real passion."

Meanwhile, the band that fired its chief creative instigator will spend the year buying things.

I’ve been wondering, maybe it’s out there somewhere and I missed it, but do you think the 4 remaining of the Rumours 5 paid out the settlement with Lindsey, or do you think the 6 of them collectively took less to pay him?

secondhandchain 05-02-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1252435)
I’ve been wondering, maybe it’s out there somewhere and I missed it, but do you think the 4 remaining of the Rumours 5 paid out the settlement with Lindsey, or do you think the 6 of them collectively took less to pay him?

To find the answer to that, follow the $$$ in front of Mick and Stevie's nose. EVERYONE.PAID. Mick is probably the worst of them...it's all about $$$.

aleuzzi 05-02-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

No idea. But whatever they paid him likely only took a chunk out of a still-sizeable chunk of money all six of them have made. Otherwise, they wouldn't have settled so quickly.

hopingtofly 05-02-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1252441)
No idea. But whatever they paid him likely only took a chunk out of a still-sizeable chunk of money all six of them have made. Otherwise, they wouldn't have settled so quickly.

Doubt they had much choice but to settle. Whatever the amount, Lindsey got what he felt was his rightful share. Getting paid millions for NOT touring? Sweet.

Nicks Fan 05-02-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1252430)
Mick Fleetwood’s “Allstar” jamboree

Yep coming soon to a county fair near you.

vivfox 05-03-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1252444)
Yep coming soon to a county fair near you.

In yer dreams buddy. As long as your fave Gypsy is on that stage, you will be continually irritated knowing they are performing at your local pro basketball arena with a telephone name.

aleuzzi 05-03-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopingtofly (Post 1252442)
Doubt they had much choice but to settle. Whatever the amount, Lindsey got what he felt was his rightful share. Getting paid millions for NOT touring? Sweet.

They would have had to settle, yes--but the process would have been likely much slower and painful if whatever Lindsey received prevented them from making handsome profits.

Murrow 05-04-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1252418)
If you think this band is recording ANY new music you are seriously fooled. They are together for a cash grab and that's IT. Stevie does not have any more gas in the tank. DONE

All the more reason why she should have just quit the kitchen while she couldn't stand the heat. Her and Mick are really showing their true colours now.

button-lip 05-04-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

I think the four a$$holes paid out the settlement. I don't think their two contracted players take any decisions regarding the band. In fact these two made good money for just a couple of concerts and a half FM tour. That's what I call "sweet". :nod::nod:

FuzzyPlum 05-05-2019 04:37 PM

I'd be so annoyed if Lindsey ever went back to a Stevie-involved Fleetwood Mac. Indeed, this would never happen.

However, I can envisage Stevie breaking from FM after this tour. Mike Campbell has his own thing to do. I think Neil Finn is just waiting to get out and do his own this as soon as possible. Thus, I can see Fleetwood Mac disbanding after this tour.

Mick will be sat idol twiddling his thumbs.
If Mick decides he cant wait 2 or 3 years for Stevie to come back to FM I can envisage him reaching out and apologising to Lindsey. I can see Mick seeking a Mick/John/Christine/Lindsey incarnation of the band (Mick:I cant make the same bucks as I can with Stevie, but it would still represent a decent income).

If this happens I'll feel bittersweet...
a) I'd be disappointed in Lindsey if he reconciled.
b) I'd be overwhelmingly happy if Lindsey reconciled.

Storms123 05-05-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1252484)
I'd be so annoyed if Lindsey ever went back to a Stevie-involved Fleetwood Mac. Indeed, this would never happen.

However, I can envisage Stevie breaking from FM after this tour. Mike Campbell has his own thing to do. I think Neil Finn is just waiting to get out and do his own this as soon as possible. Thus, I can see Fleetwood Mac disbanding after this tour.

If Mick decides he cant wait 2 or 3 years for Stevie to come back to FM I can envisage him reaching out and apologising to Lindsey. I can see Mick seeking a Mick/John/Christine/Lindsey incarnation of the band (Mick:I cant make the same bucks as I can with Stevie, but it would still represent a decent income).

Mick needs people who will help him stay relevant. And for as relevant as Stevie makes herself, she's not making new music so she can't "help" him for long. He needs Christine and John, and they need Lindsey, because as many have said, Neil and Mike have priorities, and FM isn't one of them.

button-lip 05-05-2019 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1252484)

I doubt they will ask Lindsey to rejoin. Not gonna happen.

He probably will be back if they ask him to. Maybe that changed after his heart surgery. Hard to tell since no one is talking.

Stevie won't leave FM. Ever. She swore she won't be the one to break up the band. And she kept her promise. She chose to fire Lindsey instead.

Mick worships the ground Stevie walks on. He won't betray her with Lindsey. None of them will betray her with Lindsey. They're a united front now.

Dragon 05-06-2019 10:14 AM

Fleetwood Mac needs to take time off and make and execute decisions to remain relevant. Mike Campbell has the Dirty Knobs and possibly the Heartbreakers. Neil Finn has a solo career and possibly Crowded House.

ryan4136 05-06-2019 12:45 PM

This will be the last official tour for the band. They won't announce it, but they'll take a break, and father time will finally catch up. We might see them play a show somewhere, but this will be it.

If they do what's left in 2019, and take 2020 away, by spring of 2021 look at what we have here....
Mick will be almost 74,
John will be 75
Stevie will be turning 73,
And Chris will be closing in on...78!!!

While we might see a 1 off, for a special occasion this is over soon folks.

michelej1 05-07-2019 09:06 PM

Chris 78. That is mind blowing.