The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should The Songs On The EP Be Redone With Christine? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53254)

Fannymac 02-12-2014 03:08 PM

Should The Songs On The EP Be Redone With Christine?

A lot of people don't download, so a lot of fans didn't hear these four songs.

On the flipside, there wasn't a whole lot of positive reaction to the songs....would recutting them with Christine help?

WildHearted 02-12-2014 03:12 PM

I mean... it couldn't hurt, I guess. Her keyboard playing could definitely improve the lackluster and kind of annoying keyboard part in Miss Fantasy.

But I'd rather hear 4 new (and hopefully better) songs than those 4 done again.

louielouie2000 02-12-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1120523)

Agreed. To me, Lindsey's songs on the EP occupy the sort of pop friendly ground that Christine's songs traditionally do on a Mac album. So in my eyes, a new Mac album should contain some more edgy-ish songs from Lindsey, and let Christine bring the pop goodness to the table. Regarding Without You... it was gorgeous on tour, but atrocious on the EP. So I'm not sure what Christine's presence could do to remedy that one. My vote is for a clean slate album- no retreads. :)

MacShadowsBall 02-12-2014 03:35 PM

Kinda off topic, but I was listening to Sad Angel and then Peacekeeper and noticed that the songs, despite 10 yrs difference, sound very similiar. I can't recall any FM songs that are 10 yrs apart and sound the same. :shrug:

Back on topic! I say rerecord with Christine. I would love to her background vocals! :cool:

jbrownsjr 02-12-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1120523)
I mean... it couldn't hurt, I guess. Her keyboard playing could definitely improve the lackluster and kind of annoying keyboard part in Miss Fantasy.

This is exactly how I feel. The EP has grown on me a little after 1000000000 listens. But I wouldn't mind hearing her vocals and keys on it.

Having said that.. I want new music.

BLY 02-12-2014 03:45 PM

I would be SHOCKED if those 4 songs will be used on the new disc. Lindsey still has about six tracks that were already recorded with Mick and John. Christine and Stevie bring in 3-4 each.... Done!

jbrownsjr 02-12-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1120528)
I would be SHOCKED if those 4 songs will be used on the new disc. Lindsey still has about six tracks that were already recorded with Mick and John. Christine and Stevie bring in 3-4 each.... Done!

Christine said she had 8 songs written.

iamnotafraid 02-13-2014 01:13 AM

Stevie's been gone since 1987.

Christine's been gone since 1997.

Lindsey's still out there and lovin' every minute of it.

If these three can't come up with twelve or so good new songs,
I'm going to book them rooms at the Fletcher Memorial Home.
A place for incurable wasters of talents and time.

SteveMacD 02-13-2014 01:33 AM

I'd like to see them added as part of a deluxe packaging. However, I would really enjoy hearing Christine help them redo Miss Fantasy. I'd like to hear her keyboards lead the song instead of the droning guitar. You know, re-create the Fleetwood-McVie-McVie groove. But all of that is just an afterthought. I'd rather the focus be just on the new material.

louielouie2000 02-13-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1120564)
I'd like to see them added as part of a deluxe packaging. However, I would really enjoy hearing Christine help them redo Miss Fantasy. I'd like to hear her keyboards lead the song instead of the droning guitar. You know, re-create the Fleetwood-McVie-McVie groove. But all of that is just an afterthought. I'd rather the focus be just on the new material.

Miss Fantasy is the only song of the lot that I could totally envision her harmonies on, too. And they would greatly round out the song & make it better, IMO.

Come to think of it, It Takes Time could actually be an awesome duo between Lindsey & Chris. I'm envisioning a call & answer kind of thing a la Don't Stop & Hold Me. Naturally Chris' piano skills could really spice this one up, too.

Sad Angel is fine as-is; and again, I just don't see what could be done with Without You. In any event, I'd still prefer a clean slate album with no retreads. :)

Dragon 02-13-2014 10:15 PM

I do not know if we could go back ten years and wonder if are any tracks from Say You Will that should be rerecorded. Christine's keyboards on "Running Through the Garden" and piano on "Smile at You" would take Stevie's songs up several notches.

Artemis 02-13-2014 10:46 PM

The only song I can picture Christine slotting into perfectly is Miss Fantasy. I swear Lindsey manipulates his vocals to try and sound like her on that song.

Although, to be frank, I'd just prefer new material. The three of them can still harmonize beautifully together, and one of the good points of the EP was that it showed Lindsey and Stevie are learning to do that again - not the whole ghosting-on-each-others-tracks thing they did on SYW.

Brad 02-14-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1120560)
If these three can't come up with twelve or so good new songs,
I'm going to book them rooms at the Fletcher Memorial Home.
A place for incurable wasters of talents and time.

I love when my musical worlds collide. :thumbsup:

Brad

iamnotafraid 02-15-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 1120660)
I love when my musical worlds collide. :thumbsup:

Brad

Congratulations, you have just discovered the
secret message. Please send...

elle 02-15-2014 12:55 AM

i'd be fine with any of the following, which are not necessarily mutually exclusive:
  • NO! Time To Move On! Don't Rob Space From 4 New Songs!
  • WHATEVER......Just Get New Music Out!
  • UMMM.....Maybe As A Bonus CD/Deluxe Edition!