The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The new addition to my family... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=18156)

DrummerDeanna 02-15-2005 03:26 PM

The new addition to my family...

3 Attachment(s)
So I went to the animal shelter on a whim today (I had today off) - and I found the sweetest girl.

She's older so no one wanted her and she was about to be um "transfered"
So - I adopted her :D

She's an Irish Setter Mix and is as sweet as can be - very quiet and loving but does have a drooling and gas issue :laugh:

Here are some pictures of my new buddy...

GardenStateGirlie 02-15-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
So I went to the animal shelter on a whim today (I had today off) - and I found the sweetest girl.

She's an Irish Setter Mix and is as sweet as can be - very quiet and loving but does have a drooling and gas issue :laugh:

Ohmygod. I'm in love. She's absolutely adorable and I love her little name. Congrats on the new dog!!

SuzeQuze 02-15-2005 03:31 PM

So you named her Clancy? That is one lucky pooch, I bet she is quite happy to have been adopted! I look forward to more pics and pooch stories!

Miss Vicky 02-15-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Congrats!

I'm not a dog person but she's cute (dog's seem to think I look really tasty and are forever trying to eat me). I am always very much glad to hear it when people go to the shelters and adopt older pets rather than going for the cuteness factor of a puppy or kitten. She has quite a bit of gray around the muzzle and that usually means no hope for a shelter pet. Which is a shame, because older animals still have a lot of love to give, if only people would give them a chance. :nod:

strandinthewind 02-15-2005 03:34 PM

Sighes - I love poops and wish I could have many more of them !!!!!!

Congrats!!!

GardenStateGirlie 02-15-2005 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I love poops..

Starting cocktail hour early, eh? :laugh: ;)

strandinthewind 02-15-2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Starting cocktail hour early, eh? :laugh: ;)

Though that is not a bad idea :eek: - I generally refer to dogs as poops as well as about a million other pet names ;)

ontheEdgeof17 02-15-2005 03:53 PM

Freaking Adorable! :xoxo:

DrummerDeanna 02-15-2005 03:55 PM

Thanks guys- I'm totally excited and she's a sweetheart - very happy and excited - so we went out to play - she was a little apprehensive about the snow - then she tried to run, slipped and slid on her face a few feet - didn't seem to phase her - and now we're chilling inside lol....

I didn't name her Clancy - her previous owner did - and that woman had her for four years - and then moved but couldn't take Clancy - so poor thing was just dropped at the shelter...she's really loving though and does the cute thumper thing with her leg when I pet her in the right spot :p

amber 02-15-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Oh, D, she's sooooooooooooooo SWEET! I just want to kiss her! She looks like she has a beautiful, kind temperament. You are very lucky, and so is she! Way to go on adopting an older dog. :xoxo:
P.S. - I LOVE the name Clancy. :)

irishgrl 02-15-2005 04:23 PM

what a sweet Girlie..

she looks huggable! Congrats! :nod:

GypsySorcerer 02-15-2005 04:27 PM

Awww! So cute! :D Congratulations.

EnchantedSLN 02-15-2005 04:46 PM

So cute! Sounds like a great match. I commend you for getting an older dog from a shelter.

skcin 02-15-2005 05:14 PM

YAY! Good for you! Older dogs rock - all the love & affection, none of the puppy behaviors.

Better start working on a dog sitter for NOTS!

WildInTheWind 02-15-2005 05:40 PM

Awww...congratulations on your new dog!