The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   The Early Years (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Original Members of Fleetwood Mac To Appear on Charity Album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=8053)

Johnny Stew 01-03-2003 06:39 PM

Original Members of Fleetwood Mac To Appear on Charity Album

(Perhaps this is the recording with Jeremy Spencer, that Mick recently mentioned?
Taken from Billboard.com, with thanks to Tracy G., for the heads-up....)

'Gaia' Album Project To Benefit Global Education

An array of distinguished international artists have contributed recordings to an environmental benefit project, set to be launched this month with a showcase at the Midem conference in Cannes, Billboard Bulletin reports. The 21-track "Gaia" album features what is understood to be the last official studio recording by Australian rock band Midnight Oil, together with recordings from Zucchero, Anggun, Cesaria Evora, Billy Preston, Manu Dibango, and original members of Fleetwood Mac, Supertramp, and the Moody Blues.

The album, set for international release March 21, is to be signed to label and distribution partners on a region-by-region basis. Proceeds will be used to finance education programs in schools throughout the world in 2004.

Gaia World Event project organizer Alan Simon, an artist, composer, musician, and producer, is also coordinating a series of "echo-events" to take place in such sites as the Himalayas, the Amazon, and the Sahara. Recordings of the sessions will yield a live album. Additionally, a "Concert for the Planet" has been scheduled for Paris in early September.

-- Lars Brandle, London

chiliD 01-03-2003 07:31 PM

I'm always leery when they say "original Fleetwood Mac"...so often they're referring to the Rumours lineup. Which just annoys me to NO end. :nod:

Johnny Stew 01-03-2003 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by chiliD
I'm always leery when they say "original Fleetwood Mac"...so often they're referring to the Rumours lineup.
That thought definitely came to my mind.
In fact, I very nearly posted this on the Rumours Forum instead.

But I decided that, given that it's now fairly common knowledge that the Rumours-lineup (minus one!) is recording together again, I felt that the wording... "original members of Fleetwood Mac"... implied the late-'60s lineup (or some premutation of it), so I posted it here.

Either way, it appears we'll be getting a new song, so we're bound to make out on the deal! :)

Johnny Stew

Mac Fan 01-05-2003 06:11 AM

Jonny, did you post the same thing in Rumours forum?

wetcamelfood 01-05-2003 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chiliD
I'm always leery when they say "original Fleetwood Mac"...so often they're referring to the Rumours lineup. Which just annoys me to NO end. :nod:
Yeah, I know what you mean Chil, I don't know why but if I remember correctly, I think many fans thought that "Blow by blow" on the "Soccer rocks the globe" V/A comp CD from '94 was going to be the "Rumours" lineup and they were disappointed when they found that it wasn't but was the "Time" lineup instead.

At least those of us that do like all/most of the lineups of FM will be happy regardless of which one it turns out to be! :)

John

seteca 01-05-2003 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wetcamelfood
At least those of us that do like all/most of the lineups of FM will be happy regardless of which one it turns out to be!
Well in this case it can only mean either the Rumours line-up era Fleetwood Mac, or the PG era Fleetwood Mac, and either way, I'm going to be very, VERY, happy to hear it!:nod:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: