The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   24 Karat Gold Press Release (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53945)

Matt Lucas 07-24-2014 09:42 AM

24 Karat Gold press release - FM is mentioned

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all---

Apologies if this has already been shared. I've got a friend who's a music writer/critic at a major US newspaper, and he received the official news release for 24 KARAT GOLD - SONGS FROM THE VAULT this morning. Here it is. I'm also attaching the promo photo.

Just as some of us figured, she's clearly using the reunion tour to promote the record. Smart lady.

Cheers,
matt

STEVIE NICKS NEW SOLO CD ‘24 KARAT GOLD – SONGS FROM THE VAULT’ SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 7TH RELEASE

PRE ORDERS AVAILABLE BEGINNING August 5th.

Nicks Scheduled to Join All Fleetwood Mac Bandmates for ‘On With the Show’ Tour Beginning September 30th in Minneapolis.

July 24, 2014… For Immediate Release… Burbank, California….. Stevie Nicks will be releasing her highly anticipated new CD ‘24 Karat Gold –Songs From The Vault’ October 7thon Warner Bros., Records which will include never-before seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. A special Limited Edition Double Vinyl Album will be released on September 29th. Additionally, a Deluxe Photobook CD album will be available for fans, which includes two bonus tracks plus 48 pages of exclusive photos from Nicks’ personal photo collection. Pre orders are available beginning August 5th. The artwork for 24 Karat Gold CD will include never-before-seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. Produced by Dave Stewart, Waddy Wachtel and Stevie Nicks, the new album was recorded in Nashville and Los Angeles. 24 Karat Gold follows the release of her critically acclaimed 2011 CD “In Your Dreams.”

“Most of these songs were written between 1969 and 1987. One was written in 1994 and one in 1995. I included them because they seemed to belong to this special group. Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story… They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories - the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you,” commented Nicks.

Nicks, a multi-Grammy winning, multi-platinum and gold selling Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee also has a new official Instagram account – ‘stevienicksofficial’ where she will be previewing snippets of her new album each week beginning August 5th.

A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Nicks is scheduled to embark on the Fleetwood Mac ‘On With the Show’ Tour with recently returned bandmate Christine McVie beginning September 30th in Minneapolis. “It’s so exciting to have Christine back after so many years. We can’t wait to get on the road together,” stated Nicks.

James89 07-24-2014 09:53 AM

This is the news I've been waiting for!!! I'm so excited!!! :blob2:

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 10:06 AM

24 Karat Gold Press Release

Borrowed from the Rumours section...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Lucas (Post 1135025)
Hello all---

Apologies if this has already been shared. I've got a friend who's a music writer/critic at a major US newspaper, and he received the official news release for 24 KARAT GOLD - SONGS FROM THE VAULT this morning. Here it is. I'm also attaching the promo photo.

Just as some of us figured, she's clearly using the reunion tour to promote the record. Smart lady.

Cheers,
matt

STEVIE NICKS NEW SOLO CD ‘24 KARAT GOLD – SONGS FROM THE VAULT’ SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 7TH RELEASE

PRE ORDERS AVAILABLE BEGINNING August 5th.

Nicks Scheduled to Join All Fleetwood Mac Bandmates for ‘On With the Show’ Tour Beginning September 30th in Minneapolis.

July 24, 2014… For Immediate Release… Burbank, California….. Stevie Nicks will be releasing her highly anticipated new CD ‘24 Karat Gold –Songs From The Vault’ October 7thon Warner Bros., Records which will include never-before seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. A special Limited Edition Double Vinyl Album will be released on September 29th. Additionally, a Deluxe Photobook CD album will be available for fans, which includes two bonus tracks plus 48 pages of exclusive photos from Nicks’ personal photo collection. Pre orders are available beginning August 5th. The artwork for 24 Karat Gold CD will include never-before-seen Polaroid photos taken by Nicks throughout her career. Produced by Dave Stewart, Waddy Wachtel and Stevie Nicks, the new album was recorded in Nashville and Los Angeles. 24 Karat Gold follows the release of her critically acclaimed 2011 CD “In Your Dreams.”

“Most of these songs were written between 1969 and 1987. One was written in 1994 and one in 1995. I included them because they seemed to belong to this special group. Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story… They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories - the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you,” commented Nicks.

Nicks, a multi-Grammy winning, multi-platinum and gold selling Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee also has a new official Instagram account – ‘stevienicksofficial’ where she will be previewing snippets of her new album each week beginning August 5th.

A Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Nicks is scheduled to embark on the Fleetwood Mac ‘On With the Show’ Tour with recently returned bandmate Christine McVie beginning September 30th in Minneapolis. “It’s so exciting to have Christine back after so many years. We can’t wait to get on the road together,” stated Nicks.

Hope this is true...If it is it is dropping sooner the most of us expected...

Matt do you have a link for the press release?

louielouie2000 07-24-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1135027)
Hope this is true...If it is it is dropping sooner the most of us expected...

Matt do you have a link for the press release?

It is way sooner than I personally expected.

But the LP dropping over a week before the CD? That doesn't make much sense. And where are the links to the preorder? Where is the link to the press release? Where is the track listing- aren't those normally included in press releases? Something is amiss...

LineInTheSand 07-24-2014 10:24 AM

I am searching everywhere to find this. ET Canada tweeted this information with the picture, so that gives it some credibility. But I can't find an actual press release anywhere. Not having the tracklisting isn't that odd -- but I agree that releasing the LP more than a week before on a Monday seems strange.

LineInTheSand 07-24-2014 10:26 AM

Also, assuming it is correct, we have two tracks written in 1995 and 1996. Any guesses?

joe68 07-24-2014 10:43 AM

Re

Space Needle I would think

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1135029)

But the LP dropping over a week before the CD? That doesn't make much sense. And where are the links to the preorder? Where is the link to the press release? Where is the track listing- aren't those normally included in press releases? Something is amiss...

Tom Petty is doing almost the same thing...

Pre-orders for "Hypnotic Eye" are being taken with downloads available on 7/29 in mp3 & FLAC also pre-orders get you 5 tracks for instant download before the release date...If you order the "LP" it seems to be shipped at a later date...

Stevie's press release says pre-orders on August 5th which is the same day her twitter says "24 karat gold" updates will start showng up on her new instagram...

As for the CD perhaps they are trying to push the LP or don't expect sales to be as great for the CD as they do for the LP hence the later CD ship date...

Don't forget that Stevie's people are still in the stone age when it come to promotion via social media/internet...

SpyNote 07-24-2014 10:55 AM

Glad to hear we have an official title!

KarmaContestant 07-24-2014 10:56 AM

No mystery at all - this strategy is designed to sell more copies and extend first week sales to a two week period. Record collectors and hard core fans will buy the LP first, causing the album to chart, then the casuals, and the hard cores again go buy the CD for the bonus tracks a week later, hopefully causing a rise in chart postition.

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 10:57 AM

Well it looks official since it is now showing up on the internet...

24 Karat Gold

A lot of the wording and info is the same and the article also mentions the new instagram which will give us "Snippets" of new songs starting Aug 5 so let the new album crazy ride begin...

sorcerer999 07-24-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1135029)

The press release says that the pre-order will start on August 5th, so I bet that is when the pages will be put up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineInTheSand (Post 1135031)
Also, assuming it is correct, we have two tracks written in 1995 and 1996. Any guesses?

Yeah, "Space Needle" and "Have No Heart" are the two that come to mind.

I pretty much figured they'd release it on the 7th. They'll be playing NYC ~ it's the perfect opportunity to promote it on the Today Show , Good Morning America and all those other entertainment programs filmed there. Plus Mick's new book comes out that Thursday the 9th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1135037)
As for the CD perhaps they are trying to push the LP or don't expect sales to be as great for the CD as they do for the LP hence the later CD ship date...

A lot of artists these days offer up a vinyl format of their work before the actual album is released.

KarmaContestant 07-24-2014 11:01 AM

Love, love LOVE that photo!

Jondalar 07-24-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1135042)
The press release says that the pre-order will start on August 5th, so I bet that is when the pages will be put up.

Yeah, "Space Needle" and "Have No Heart" are the two that come to mind.

I pretty much figured they'd release it on the 7th. They'll be playing NYC ~ it's the perfect opportunity to promote it on the Today Show , Good Morning America and all those other entertainment programs filmed there. Plus Mick's new book comes out that Thursday the 9th.

A lot of artists these days offer up a vinyl format of their work before the actual album is released.

We'll I'm buying every version available and I don't even have a record player. :)

BlueDenimLamp 07-24-2014 11:09 AM

From ABC news radio...
Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold

Stevie Nicks hinted earlier this year that she might release some older songs that had never seen the light of day. Now, she's making good on that tease: her new album 24 Karat Gold -- Songs from the Vault is due October 7.

According to Stevie, the album features mostly songs written between 1969 and 1987, with two that were written in 1994 and 1995. "Each song is a lifetime. Each song has a soul. Each song has a purpose. Each song is a love story," she says in a statement. "They represent my life behind the scenes, the secrets, the broken hearts, the broken-hearted and the survivors. These songs are the memories -- the 24 karat gold rings in the blue box. These songs are for you."

The artwork for the album includes never-before-seen Polaroid photos taken by Stevie throughout her career.

24 Karat Gold -- Songs from the Vault is available for pre-order starting August 5. That same day, Stevie will debut her new, official Instagram account, StevieNicksOfficial, where she'll begin previewing snippets of the music.

In addition, a limited edition double vinyl version of 24 Karat Gold -- Songs from the Vault will come out September 29. Also available will be a Deluxe Photobook CD, which will include two bonus tracks, as well as 48 pages of exclusive photos from Stevie's personal collection.

Read On ABC News Radio: http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...#ixzz38P2VCQQD