The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chances of an Australian tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58016)

secret love 07-16-2018 08:02 PM

Chances of an Australian tour

Unlike many, much as I love Lindsey, I am really excited to see the new line up. I was so excited that I bought a ticket for Sacramento with no thoughts as to how much it would cost me to get there from sydney Australia. So I don't think I will make it to Sacramento and there will sadly be an empty chair.

Do you think I will get the opportunity to see my favourite band in Sydney?

Aussie W/Heart 07-16-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1232664)
Unlike many, much as I love Lindsey, I am really excited to see the new line up. I was so excited that I bought a ticket for Sacramento with no thoughts as to how much it would cost me to get there from sydney Australia. So I don't think I will make it to Sacramento and there will sadly be an empty chair.

Yes, i expect them to come to Australia for sure... especially since Neil Finn is on the payroll now..

SteveMacD 07-16-2018 10:11 PM

I would be surprised if they didn’t.

secondhandchain 07-16-2018 10:48 PM

Why on earth would you put this in the Rumours forum? Nobody cares.

SteveMacD 07-16-2018 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1232668)
Why on earth would you put this in the Rumours forum? Nobody cares.

Because the mods said this is the appropriate forum for the current lineup. Sorry you can’t seem to accept that.

Angel75 07-16-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart (Post 1232665)
Yes, i expect them to come to Australia for sure... especially since Neil Finn is on the payroll now..

Even with Neil Finn in the band and his huge Aus and NZ following I really don't think the tour will be international now due to poor ticket sales in the US. I think (even though I expect ticket sales would be good in these countries due to Neil being there and the backlash not so evident) I think they would be too scared to contemplate a loss in profits.... Well Mick would be especially... It simply costs far too much to take tours down under unless you are like Adele, Pink or Ed Sheeran who can guarantee multiple sell out shows in every city.

secondhandchain 07-17-2018 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232669)
Because the mods said this is the appropriate forum for the current lineup. Sorry you can’t seem to accept that.

Really? Then why are all other threads similar to this, in the post Rumours forum? This is a forum about the RUMOURS lineup. Not the new cash grab line up. I think you are mistaken and we are allowed to discuss the breaking up of the rumours era and LB, not future plans of this new incarnation. Anyone else agree?

DownOnRodeo 07-17-2018 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1232670)
Even with Neil Finn in the band and his huge Aus and NZ following I really don't think the tour will be international now due to poor ticket sales in the US. I think (even though I expect ticket sales would be good in these countries due to Neil being there and the backlash not so evident) I think they would be too scared to contemplate a loss in profits.... Well Mick would be especially... It simply costs far too much to take tours down under unless you are like Adele, Pink or Ed Sheeran who can guarantee multiple sell out shows in every city.

With Neil Finn co-headlining, Aus and NZ sound like their best potential markets, so if profitability is an issue, maybe they should just pack up and relocate to Australia permanently.

Lots of wineries for Mick to run, apartments for Stevie to dance around, and coral reefs for John to sail. And less volcanoes and earthquakes for Christine.

I can already picture what Mick would say. "Fleetwood Mac has always been an Australian band, from day one." :laugh:

HomerMcvie 07-17-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1232675)
With Neil Finn co-headlining, Aus and NZ sound like their best potential markets, so if profitability is an issue, maybe they should just pack up and relocate to Australia permanently.

Lots of wineries for Mick to run, apartments for Stevie to dance around, and coral reefs for John to sail. And less volcanoes and earthquakes for Christine.

I can already picture what Mick would say. "Fleetwood Mac has always been an Australian band, from day one." :laugh:

I nominate you for POST OF THE WEEK! :xoxo:

Feather Blade 07-17-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

I hope you do. They do seem to love Australia, so chances seem good. I wouldn't worry too much about the naysayers beating the drum about supposed poor ticket sales. I intend to go but since my shows are still months away, I plan to wait till closer to the event to purchase. I imagine I am not the only one doing so. The band will do just fine despite what some might hope.

SteveMacD 07-17-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1232673)
Really? Then why are all other threads similar to this, in the post Rumours forum? This is a forum about the RUMOURS lineup. Not the new cash grab line up. I think you are mistaken and we are allowed to discuss the breaking up of the rumours era and LB, not future plans of this new incarnation. Anyone else agree?

Yes, really, and it’s been explained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1226236)
As I've already said in another thread on the Rumours forum, discussions about the new line-up in our opinion (meaning we Moderators) should stay in the Rumours forum. If anyone feels more at ease [in Post-Rumours] it's not a problem at all but I don't see why anyone should give up the right to post there.

button-lip 07-17-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

You must not only like this new line up, but LOVE it very much to buy a ticket without thinking how much it'd cost you to get from Sydney to Sacramento. Don't worry about the empty chair. You already bought the ticket. :rolleyes:

I don't think they will make it to Australia/NZ. I don't even think they will make it to Europe. Ticket sales are poor, and it's not wishful thinking, it's the truth. The band might do just fine. Just that they're not used to "just fine".

Having said that, I also don't see a Lindsey's solo tour anywhere, so losses are evident on both sides.

SteveMacD 07-17-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232681)
You must not only like this new line up, but LOVE it very much to buy a ticket without thinking how much it'd cost you to get from Sydney to Sacramento. Don't worry about the empty chair. You already bought the ticket. :rolleyes:

I don't think they will make it to Australia/NZ. I don't even think they will make it to Europe. Ticket sales are poor, and it's not wishful thinking, it's the truth. The band might do just fine. Just that they're not used to "just fine".

Having said that, I also don't see a Lindsey's solo tour anywhere, so losses are evident on both sides.

Neil, Stevie, and Fleetwood Mac always do well there, so it’s a very safe bet. Safer than a European tour.

button-lip 07-17-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232682)
Neil, Stevie, and Fleetwood Mac always do well there, so it’s a very safe bet. Safer than a European tour.

Oh, I'm sure you know better than I.

Angel75 07-17-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232681)

Exactly, as fans who don't want to see FM without LB and no solo tour being announced we are losing out in every way.

However as LB doesn't tour outside the US, international fans are the ones who miss out on every level.

Obviously LB will do what he wants in the future to make him happy, but do you now understand why some fans 'selfishly' want him to return to FM some day as it may be the only chance they get to see him play again?

dreamsunwind 07-17-2018 02:11 PM

I'd be surprised if there wasn't one. If the tour sells decently enough they'll probably end up playing most of the international shows they usually do.

dreamsunwind 07-17-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1232685)
Exactly, as fans who don't want to see FM without LB and no solo tour being announced we are losing out in every way.

However as LB doesn't tour outside the US, international fans are the ones who miss out on every level.

Obviously LB will do what he wants in the future to make him happy, but do you now understand why some fans 'selfishly' want him to return to FM some day as it may be the only chance they get to see him play again?

At the fundraiser event from a while back, a few fans who went said he told them he plans on touring in the fall. But considering that it's mid-July now and nothing has even gotten close to being announced, I think it's possible that situation has changed.

gldstwmn 07-17-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

That's a bummer. I don't know what your budget is but have you checked out CheapoAir? Unfortunately the Sacramento date is around Thanksgiving and that can be a horribly expensive time to fly here.

button-lip 07-17-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1232685)

Hmmm, I was talking about losses on both sides of FM people, not fans.

I have no idea who you are but fans wanting Lindsey back on FM has nothing to do with their only chance of seeing him. As far as we know it could be the only chance for all of us, and I still say: "no, thank you".

Fans trashing Stevie and then waiting for Lindsey to return to FM so they could pay big bucks to see him and also her and Mick by association makes no sense to me. To you maybe, but not to me.

It has nothing to do with international fans. Many of them traveled last year to see Stevie but not Lindsey and Christine. And many of them won't see the band ever again, with or without Lindsey.

Why waste your time blaming Stevie and Mick if you will see them again in concert if Lindsey returns one day? :wavey:

StreetAngel86 07-17-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

i hope they DON'T tour.
i don't want this sham band polluting my country with their karaoke

Storms123 07-17-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1232675)

SOLD TO AUS/NZ--You can have em.

Storms123 07-17-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1232689)
That's a bummer. I don't know what your budget is but have you checked out CheapoAir? Unfortunately the Sacramento date is around Thanksgiving and that can be a horribly expensive time to fly here.

I think the iheart radio gig in September will be the litmus test for the real reception of the karaoke spectacle they look to be evolving into . if US ticket sales pick up post, there may be a shot at some international exposure. Otherwise, I really think this has the risk of being a one shot US only tour.

HomerMcvie 07-17-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 (Post 1232694)
i hope they DON'T tour.
i don't want this sham band polluting my country with their karaoke

Absolutely! Karaoke indeed.

SteveMacD 07-17-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232698)
Absolutely! Karaoke indeed.

Any more karaoke than the LBCM tour, if we’re being honest?

secondhandchain 07-17-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232700)

Didn't like that Karoake either, but really don't want to see a fake FM. I bet if they do a concert video we will get those EXTREMELY cheesy Stevie closeups that were CRINGE inducing on the Shake the Cage tour. OMFG was it embarrassing. LB would have never let that happen, but happen it will with tambourine b/witch now in charge.

SteveMacD 07-17-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1232701)
Didn't like that Karoake either, but really don't want to see a fake FM.

So don’t see Stretch.

Quote:

I bet if they do a concert video we will get those EXTREMELY cheesy Stevie closeups that were CRINGE inducing on the Shake the Cage tour.
Just like her Red Rocks video. Like we wouldn’t notice her hair, makeup, and wardrobe changed? I mean, if she’s the reason why they were popular, shouldn’t she also be blamed for why they became unpopular, these videos as primary evidence????

Quote:

OMFG was it embarrassing.
The worst.

Quote:

LB would have never let that happen
No, he just made a Fleetwood Mac album, let it be credited to a different entity, went along with the whole duet album story, used a ton of prerecorded backing tracks during concerts, and admitted he was just doing Fleetwood Mac shows for the money. Yeah, that’s way better.

HomerMcvie 07-17-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232700)

Probably not. BUT,LB and CM ARE FM. And old.

Tom Petty's Crowded House ain't FM.

You love supporting this lineup. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it.

Btw, we get it.

button-lip 07-17-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232702)
No, he just made a Fleetwood Mac album, let it be credited to a different entity, went along with the whole duet album story, used a ton of prerecorded backing tracks during concerts, and admitted he was just doing Fleetwood Mac shows for the money. Yeah, that’s way better.

Yeah, he probably should have lied like all those a**holes that used to be his bandmates. Maybe he would be in a better place right now.

And that different entity was courtesy of sweet liar Stevie. I bet she wasn’t expecting it and that’s the only reason why I still love LBCM.

SteveMacD 07-17-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232703)

You love supporting this lineup. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We get it.

Btw, we get it.

Just like we really get you don’t support it. I’m just giving some balance. I don’t “love” it. “It” hasn’t even happened, yet. It could be awful. It won’t be, at least not because of the new guys. Bob Welch wasn’t FM in 1971 and Lindsey and Stevie weren’t FM in 1975. It becomes something, and my curiosity is strong.

What would the upcoming tour have had with Lindsey that would make it worthwhile without new material? “Let’s play THIS song from ‘Tusk…’" Unless it was a farewell tour, what compelling reason would there be to go? I agree it’s OGB’s fault, but I also get the equation. Old FM songs, maybe something new, perhaps my favorite pop song of the 80s, and a great guitarist. It could be much worse.

SteveMacD 07-17-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232704)
Yeah, he probably should have lied like all those a**holes that used to be his bandmates. Maybe he would be in a better place right now.

Probably wouldn’t be out of a gig. But when was playing along with karaoke ever honest?

Quote:

And that different entity was courtesy of sweet liar Stevie. I bet she wasn’t expecting it and that’s the only reason why I still love LBCM.
She should have been fired back in 2005. I’m not a Stevie fan, and I get the feeling you think because my name used to be Steve MacDougall that your Stevie digs are somehow offensive to me. Rest assured, they are not. I am not a Stevie fan or a Lindsey fan. Mick, John, and Christine are my interests with this band.

dreamsunwind 07-18-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232702)

For the billionth time, he was talking in reference to the Classic shows. And given a lot of the reception/reviews those concerts got, in retrospect it's not a surprise he said that.
And he didn't just "let" it be credited to a different entity. A Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie on it was never gonna happen and he and everyone knew it.

HomerMcvie 07-18-2018 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232705)
Just like we really get you don’t support it. I’m just giving some balance. I don’t “love” it. “It” hasn’t even happened, yet. It could be awful. It won’t be, at least not because of the new guys. Bob Welch wasn’t FM in 1971 and Lindsey and Stevie weren’t FM in 1975. It becomes something, and my curiosity is strong.

What would the upcoming tour have had with Lindsey that would make it worthwhile without new material? “Let’s play THIS song from ‘Tusk…’" Unless it was a farewell tour, what compelling reason would there be to go? I agree it’s OGB’s fault, but I also get the equation. Old FM songs, maybe something new, perhaps my favorite pop song of the 80s, and a great guitarist. It could be much worse.

Because it's too f*cking late in the game now. This ain't 19 f*cking 87. They became an established legacy act. LEGENDS, if you will...

The personalities are INTEGRAL to the performance. This ain't swapping out Darrin Stevens for a lookalike!

At this point in the game, it's too late for reinvention, without looking like a bag full of dirty assh*oles,WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE NOW.

$tevie Nick$ Dingleberry Band. Enjoy!

Angel75 07-18-2018 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1232692)
I have no idea who you are but fans wanting Lindsey back on FM has nothing to do with their only chance of seeing him. As far as we know it could be the only chance for all of us, and I still say: "no, thank you".

Well if I sent you a picture of my drivers license would that be better?
I don't understand why you write with so much venom and anger... Are we not on the same page?
But you've twisted my words or else fail to understand them, I know it makes you furious to think Lindsey could ever go back to FM but the idea of (although I expect is highly unlikely) Stevie and Mick having to sincerely apologise and probably grovel does make me feel a little bit more at peace with this. Again I doubt this will happen but if it was to, like I said, then I would be pleased to see him in concert again as I am not in a position to travel to the US when Lindsey solo tours there.

button-lip 07-18-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1232706)
Probably wouldn’t be out of a gig. But when was playing along with karaoke ever honest?

She should have been fired back in 2005. I’m not a Stevie fan, and I get the feeling you think because my name used to be Steve MacDougall that your Stevie digs are somehow offensive to me. Rest assured, they are not. I am not a Stevie fan or a Lindsey fan. Mick, John, and Christine are my interests with this band.

I know you’re not a Stevie fan, but you’re talking about BuckVie as if it was Lindsey’s choice. It wasn’t. Buckvie was a product of Stevie’s final attempt to inflict some pain into Lindsey by refusing to record an album once again. .

button-lip 07-18-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1232709)
Well if I sent you a picture of my drivers license would that be better?
I don't understand why you write with so much venom and anger... Are we not on the same page?
But you've twisted my words or else fail to understand them, I know it makes you furious to think Lindsey could ever go back to FM but the idea of (although I expect is highly unlikely) Stevie and Mick having to sincerely apologise and probably grovel does make me feel a little bit more at peace with this. Again I doubt this will happen but if it was to, like I said, then I would be pleased to see him in concert again as I am not in a position to travel to the US when Lindsey solo tours there.

If this is venom and anger for you, you clearly don't know me.

I didn’t fail to understand anything. You forgot to mention the part everybody is expecting to happen so Lindsey can come back to FM with clear conscience: Mick and Stevie’s apology. Not gonna happen. Sweet enough for you?

jbrownsjr 07-18-2018 07:30 AM

Are ticket sales really that bad, or are they just not up to the 2014 standard when Christine made her return?

I have been out of the loop these days.

Feather Blade 07-18-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1232713)
Are ticket sales really that bad, or are they just not up to the 2014 standard when Christine made her return?

I have been out of the loop these days.

I don't expect that they will sell as well as Christine's return tour. If Lindsey were still in the fold I doubt they would sell as well either. It would be hard to match the novelty of Christine's big return. With that said, they won't be playing to empty arenas. There is still a long time to sell tickets. I expect things will fill in more as events get closer, especially if things go well with the I Heart Radio gig.

Buster 07-18-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1232703)

Btw, we get it.

LMFAO at you having the balls telling someone else “we get it” 🙄

HomerMcvie 07-18-2018 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1232715)
LMFAO at you having the balls telling someone else “we get it” 🙄

Yes, I said that to someone I've known online for 22 years, and have met in person.

Balls is the one thing I do have. Do you have a wheelbarrow I could borrow?

AncientQueen 07-18-2018 09:49 AM

To be honest, I was not really excited about FM touring Europe again in early 2019, because of the concert I attended in 2015. It wasn't that good. They are getting old, they play all the same songs and I've welcomed Christine back, already. The prices were just astronomic and would have been even worse. And that was WITH Lindsey.

So in a way, I'm kinda relieved that they will probably not dare to show their asses in europe, because noone here cares about some Heartbreakers dude and the other bloke. And since they fired their most valuable member when it comes to the quality, entertainment and energy on concert, I feel no obligation to see this band of backstabbing, respectless karaoke singers.

Win - win for me.

Not that that makes it easier, I'm still totally disapointed in my favorite band of 40 years. Looks like they never deserved my attention or unwavering support.