The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Hollywood Dads" book (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=32572)

Nico 05-16-2007 09:36 PM

"Hollywood Dads" book
 
I was at Barnes & Noble today and was flipping through this book that came out very recently:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...NL._SS500_.jpg

And guess who is in it? And how freaking adorable are his children? No words. They all appear to have his eyes and his youngest daughter is an absolute doll. He looks incredibly happy, youngish, and content. Leelee has her ears pierced.

I would have bought it just to scan the picture, but I was on a mission for work-related books so it has to wait. If someone else wants to scan it, that would be cool. It's probably the best picture I have seen of Lindsey in the past few years.

tuigirl 05-17-2007 01:37 AM

Nice to hear Lindsey and kids are in it...but I just want to say what a wonderful picture of Micheal J Fox and co on the cover :)

Kelly 05-17-2007 06:36 AM

I heard about this the other day. I am gonna swing by Borders today during my lunch hour and check it out.

Villavic 05-17-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 688557)
I would have bought it just to scan the picture, but I was on a mission for work-related books so it has to wait. If someone else wants to scan it, that would be cool. It's probably the best picture I have seen of Lindsey in the past few years.

I'll wait for the pic

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-23-2007 03:37 PM

Anyone have this photo to scan & post? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Nico 05-23-2007 07:33 PM

#1LBFan: I will probably be able to scan this picture sometime next week. I am getting the book, but I had to take care of some work-related priorities. It's a gorgeous pic, so it will be worth the wait.

Kelly 05-23-2007 07:47 PM

Yea, it is definately a beautiful photo. Leelee is really a cute little girl. Will is adorable with the gap in his teeth. They picked a really nice photo for the book.

danax6 05-24-2007 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 691198)
#1LBFan: I will probably be able to scan this picture sometime next week. I am getting the book, but I had to take care of some work-related priorities. It's a gorgeous pic, so it will be worth the wait.

Great, thanks. :wavey:

#1LiddyBuckFan 05-24-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 691198)
#1LBFan: I will probably be able to scan this picture sometime next week. I am getting the book, but I had to take care of some work-related priorities. It's a gorgeous pic, so it will be worth the wait.

Thank you so much!!! :)

Somajoseph 05-24-2007 10:26 PM

I happened to be at Books Inc today and saw the Hollywood Dads book and I had to pick it up and look for the pic.
Lindsey is absolutely beaming, and the children are beautiful.
Having said that, I think it is so sad that Stevie was never able to have children. I mean, she could have, but she truly did sacrifice that for the band, and, for herself too I suppose.
I remember reading the great Rolling Stone cover of them from Feb 1977, and Stevie sounded so adamant about having kids in the near future. She didnt seem set on a life in rock-n-roll, like it ended up. Stevie & Don Henley began dating in the summer of 76 I believe, and at that point, there was no way the band was going to put things on hold with the momentum they were building.
In the end Mick, Lindsey and John were able to have kids with their wives, but the ladies in Fleetwood Mac did indeed sacrifice that to the band.

Red 05-24-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somajoseph (Post 691786)
In the end Mick, Lindsey and John were able to have kids with their wives, but the ladies in Fleetwood Mac did indeed sacrifice that to the band.

Hmm, that's true, isn't it? That makes me kind of sad. I wonder if they both feel that it was worth it or if there are still regrets.

amber 05-24-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691791)
Hmm, that's true, isn't it? That makes me kind of sad. I wonder if they both feel that it was worth it or if there are still regrets.

The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.

Red 05-24-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691793)
The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.

Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?

Somajoseph 05-24-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 691793)
The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.

I absolutely think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I was in some sense expecting a more sympathetic viewpoint, especially from another woman.
I think it was far more complicated than any of us can imagine. Perhaps another factor wasnt the band, but Henley himself. Maybe Stevie didnt want to have a baby without the full support of the father to be. And in fast life they were living at the time, I am sure any regrets were way after the fact.

amber 05-24-2007 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 691798)
Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?

I do think there was an arrangement, of sorts. I've heard a few things.

You are right about the 70's chicks. But then there was the 80's. And even in the 70's famous chicks had kids. Even before, long time ago. That's why we have those books like "Mommie Dearest" and stuff. :laugh: But seriously, I think the ladies could have worked it out if they had wanted to. It is very prevalent today, famous women having the babies, but it's not like there were no examples before, and not like our girls couldn't have thought of a way. There have always been nannies and stuff. Tina Turner and Diana Ross have bunches of kids, don't they?
I think part of Stevie's thing is that she quit drugs pretty late, almost in her 40's. Then she was on different drugs. lol. I dunno, I'm not saying they don't have regrets about it, but I'm not sure they are crushing, all consuming regrets. I'm mostly speaking for Stevie, I've never heard of Chris's opinion. Although, she was way less busy than Stevie, so if she wanted a child, I think she would have had one. Especially since she hates touring and stuff. I kinda think Chris would mostly do whatever she wanted.
You know, I'm sure they both felt they had a lot of other important things to do. Not putting thoughts in their brain, but if I had to choose kids or dancing across the stages of the world...that would be a short decision. I don't even dance across the stages of the world and I don't have kids.
Howevah, I wish they had had kids, cause I love them both, and would want some kind of genetic legacy...:laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved