The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you are hoping for a reunion.... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58003)

ryan4136 07-01-2018 02:03 PM

If you are hoping for a reunion....

Dashut says don’t expect it. He believes this is the “last chapter in the LB/SN relationship. That LB is “never goin back again”

SteveMacD 07-01-2018 02:09 PM

I really wasn’t expecting it. I could see another LBCM album, but that’s about it.

sleepless child 07-01-2018 02:53 PM

I saw Richard's post. Whether he has inside info or it's just his thoughts, it sounds like the problem was indeed Stevie and Lindsey and Stevie exerted her power over Lindsey and won. What a shame. I've lost some love I had for Stevie over this.

TrueFaith77 07-01-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1231910)
I saw Richard's post. Whether he has inside info or it's just his thoughts, it sounds like the problem was indeed Stevie and Lindsey and Stevie exerted her power over Lindsey and won. What a shame. I've lost some love I had for Stevie over this.

Stevie has ruined everything I thought Fleetwood Mac meant to me ... and Christine went along with it!

Macfan4life 07-01-2018 03:40 PM

LOL
Who thinks the band has the time or effort to reunite again after a 2 year world tour? Few people even dream that. This is not 1987 where there was a new beginning and new music. This is one final tour which makes it silly to replace Lindsey at this point.
Christine barely can play and she is losing her voice. John just got over cancer for what we hope is forever. Stevie the youngest just turned 70.

Angel75 07-01-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1231910)

What we had always thought....Stevie is to blame....and Richard's tweet just makes it more real and still so heartbreaking to me.

Now where's SugarMouse when we need him/her? Still think LB's departure is due to him refusing to tour this year?! :wavey:

HomerMcvie 07-01-2018 03:46 PM

I'd lose all respect for Lindsey if he went back to those IDIOTS. #f*ckem

Angel75 07-01-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1231912)
LOL
Who thinks the band has the time or effort to reunite again after a 2 year world tour? Few people even dream that. This is not 1987 where there was a new beginning and new music. This is one final tour which makes it silly to replace Lindsey at this point.
Christine barely can play and she is losing her voice. John just got over cancer for what we hope is forever. Stevie the youngest just turned 70.

I doubt it's going to be a two year tour if ticket sales are an indication of how many fans are feeling right now. I would be surprised if this becomes a global tour.

dreamsunwind 07-01-2018 04:07 PM

I don't think Richard "knows" anything. To me I read the tweet as him offering his perspective on what he thinks happened. But I could be totally wrong and maybe he does know.
Either way, I don't think anyone seriously believed this was all about a touring conflict and that there's still a chance for a reunion.

jwd 07-01-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1231908)
Dashut says don’t expect it. He believes this is the “last chapter in the LB/SN relationship. That LB is “never goin back again”

Good. Time's wasting for Lindsey to spread his wings and fly. It's really a blessing in disguise. Thanks Stevie for setting him free. Hope it's as good for you as it is for us. Now we can all move on.

Macfan4life 07-01-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel75 (Post 1231917)
I doubt it's going to be a two year tour if ticket sales are an indication of how many fans are feeling right now. I would be surprised if this becomes a global tour.

Oh how I wish you were right. But that is not true. Ticket sales are pretty good. I just checked Ticketmaster and each arena is about 3/4 sold. That is excellent considering the tour does not even start for many months. In addition, the prices are higher than On With The Show. The prices are ridiculous IMHO. But all that means is they will make a fortune on this tour.

John Run 07-01-2018 08:11 PM

I don’t want to get into some drawn out debate, but I can tell you that your ticket sale information is flat out wrong. Boston, St Louis, San Jose, Tulsa, are all under 60% sold and even less when you learn secondary market makes up 25% of the to date house sale.

Also the majority (70-80%) of legacy bands’ arena ticket sales happen within first 10 days of general on sale date.

Airplay, popular new music, new streaming are what impact late sales. Legacy bands don’t have those attributes.

sodascouts 07-01-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4136 (Post 1231908)

He very well may be right. However, the man is no longer a "Fleetwood Mac insider," so I'm not sure we should present what he himself characterizes as nothing more than his "opinion" as the definitive statement on the matter.

Even if he had heard it from Lindsey's own lips, though, things change and one should never say never.

But... I must admit... the odds are not good.

Still, I cling to my shred of hope.

button-lip 07-01-2018 08:27 PM

This is all Richard's opinion on the subject, because like he said, everybody was asking about it. I don't think he has actual info.

Sadly, I think Lindsey wants a final chapter with this four a**holes, because he has spent most of his life with them and probably doesn't want anymore bad blood between them. :shrug:

What he wants and what will happen are two different things. Stevie will never allow it, unless Mick convinces her, and that will only happen if this tour fail miserably. Even though ticket sales are bad, they're not that bad to call Lindsey for help. But I also think they won't add another leg.

SteveMacD 07-01-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1231926)
Even if he had heard it from Lindsey's own lips, though, things change and one should never say never.

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1231927)
Sadly, I think Lindsey wants a final chapter with this four a**holes, because he has spent most of his life with them and probably doesn't want anymore bad blood between them. :shrug:

He’d do it for the big bag of money.