The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "I Want You Back" & Lindsey (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15929)

AliP 08-28-2004 02:38 PM

"I Want You Back" & Lindsey

Does anyone know if Lindsey wrote "I Want You Back" along with some guy named Steve Ross?? I just recently discovered this. I've actually always really liked the song. Does anyone know who Steve Ross is? Also who sings the song? And one last question: Does anyone know the exact lyrics? I've tried to listen closely a couple of times and in the middle it's really hard to make them out.

Johnny Stew 08-28-2004 04:37 PM

Hi Ali... yeah, Lindsey and Steve Ross co-wrote it.
Ross is a guitarist/vocalist who's been a longtime Fleetwood Mac associate, and toured with Lindsey on the 'Cradle' tour.
He also had an instructional "how to play guitar" video out, if I recall correctly (I remember seeing ads for it, which stated that he was a "former Fleetwood Mac guitarist"!).

I just gave "I Want You Back" a listen (I'd forgotten how much I love this song), and these are the lyrics to the best of my ability....

Run around in circles
Like a dog without a home
Since you went and left me
I'm lonely to the bone

I want you back
I want you back again
I want you back
I want you back again

Sittin' right behind me
Is a girl I know
*She put her eyes upon me
*And put me on my toes

I want you back
I want you back again
I want you back
I want you back again

(* I used to think he sang: "She put her hands upon me, and put me on her tongue"... but... uhm... well, I have a feeling he doesn't say that. :o )

sodascouts 08-28-2004 05:55 PM

This is what I got, Johnny, listening to it obsessively to transcribe it for my site:

We run around in circles
Like a dog without a home
Since you went and left me
I'm lonely to the bone

I want you back
(I want you)
I want you back again
I want you back
(I want you)
I want you back again

Sitting right behind me
Is a girl I know
She puttered 'round the palace
And kept men on their toes

I want you back
(I want you)
I want you back again
(repeat and fade)

Janet 08-29-2004 02:09 AM

And he's in the video.....:)

AliP 08-29-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet
And he's in the video.....:)

He is?? I can't remember seeing him. I remember Stevie and Mick looking very scary without a beard.

DownOnRodeo 08-30-2004 01:53 AM

Good detective work Nancy (as usual) - 'puttered' sounds like the song as I recall it. I saw that you're hosting it this week! But I got it yonks ago. It's somehwere amidst all the 1000s of downloads. Honestly sometimes I should just download songs I know I have cause it's easier than finding it. ;)

Janet 09-01-2004 12:21 PM

I suggest over and over that he's in the video but no one will tell me for sure.

There is a scene, at the end, where there are the monks walking down in the castle. The front person , a male, is singing. He is wearing a lot of weird make up but it LOOKS like Lindsey. He is just making very familiar movements.

No one will tell me for sure, but I am so sure it is. At the end I think he stands near or next to Stevie...the obvious star with her glowing head.

stefan 09-01-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet
I suggest over and over that he's in the video but no one will tell me for sure.

There is a scene, at the end, where there are the monks walking down in the castle. The front person , a male, is singing. He is wearing a lot of weird make up but it LOOKS like Lindsey. He is just making very familiar movements.

No one will tell me for sure, but I am so sure it is. At the end I think he stands near or next to Stevie...the obvious star with her glowing head.

I always supposed that was Lindsey too! Not sure about the singing though- there are two male voices no? It`s him and the other guy or not?

AliP 09-01-2004 09:21 PM

Does anyone know who actually sings the song?? I think I can hear Lindsey near the end singing "I Want You Back."