The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Anthology Songbook (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45443)

Bm7th 12-28-2010 11:31 PM

Fleetwood Mac Anthology Songbook

I received the Fleetwood Mac Anthology songbook for Christmas and was quite disappointed that the book did not have any Lindsey Buckingham songs in it. It also did not have any tablature for guitar just the chords for the songs.

The one good thing about the book is that it has "Fireflies" and the chords are - G - Bm7-D-Am7- then on the part "long distance winner..... it's Em- D - Am7- G

My question is how accurate are the songbooks for piano, vocal and guitar?

HomerMcvie 12-28-2010 11:35 PM

How old is it? The copyright date? I have an anthology songbook, which would be copyrighted about 1981 or so(I'm at work, so I can't check).
I believe it had the White album, Tumours, and Tusk songs in it. All of them.

Bm7th 12-28-2010 11:42 PM

I can't seem to find the copyright date but it's by Hal Leonard and the cover of the book is from the " Mirage" tour.

Sleepless-Child 12-29-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 930022)
How old is it? The copyright date? I have an anthology songbook, which would be copyrighted about 1981 or so(I'm at work, so I can't check).
I believe it had the White album, Tumours, and Tusk songs in it. All of them.

Is it deliberate ? :)

MissLadyLoki 12-29-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 930055)

I really dunno much about songbooks, the closest thing I had to one was learning how to play guitar (got nowhere cause I couldn't line up the notes on the staff), but how hard is it to learn tab?

And Tatjana, based on your siggy, should I start calling you Kathy for now on?

Sleepless-Child 12-29-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 930056)
I really dunno much about songbooks, the closest thing I had to one was learning how to play guitar (got nowhere cause I couldn't line up the notes on the staff), but how hard is it to learn tab?

And Tatjana, based on your siggy, should I start calling you Kathy for now on?

I believe tab is the easier way to learn to play the guitar. Well, i did learn this way, but there are a lot of Fleetwood Mac tabs missing on the internet. I was about to buy a songbook, now i'm wondering...

YOU CAN :D. I'm totally in love with this book. I read it 3 times. And i'm reading it again.

MissLadyLoki 12-29-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 930057)
I believe tab is the easier way to learn to play the guitar. Well, i did learn this way, but there are a lot of Fleetwood Mac tabs missing on the internet. I was about to buy a songbook, now i'm wondering...

YOU CAN :D. I'm totally in love with this book. I read it 3 times. And i'm reading it again.

I read it when i was a senior in high school when we had to choose a classic to read and then write a research paper on it. I didn't like it, but I think it had to do with the fact that I was reading it for school :lol:

As for classics now, I keep on bouncing between Frankenstein and Count of Monte Cristo on my Kindle (yes, I'm such a book nerd that I own a Kindle, but the screen reads like a page)

Sleepless-Child 12-29-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 930058)
I read it when i was a senior in high school when we had to choose a classic to read and then write a research paper on it. I didn't like it, but I think it had to do with the fact that I was reading it for school :lol:

As for classics now, I keep on bouncing between Frankenstein and Count of Monte Cristo on my Kindle (yes, I'm such a book nerd that I own a Kindle, but the screen reads like a page)

:laugh:, i'm old school, i love reading a REAL book, with that old smell and all, that's why i don't own a Kindle.
Count of Monte Cristo is great, as for Frankenstein, i actually don't remember it, but i also love classics (i was raised in France, and that's the way it works here :), nothing without Victor Hugo, Guy de Maupassant...).
YOU DIDN'T LIKE WUTHERING HEIGHTS?!!! You HAVE TO read it again. and you HAVE TO like it this time :laugh:.

MissLadyLoki 12-29-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 930059)
:laugh:, i'm old school, i love reading a REAL book, with that old smell and all, that's why i don't own a Kindle.
Count of Monte Cristo is great, as for Frankenstein, i actually don't remember it, but i also love classics (i was raised in France, and that's the way it works here :), nothing without Victor Hugo, Guy de Maupassant...).
YOU DIDN'T LIKE WUTHERING HEIGHTS?!!! You HAVE TO read it again. and you HAVE TO like it this time :laugh:.

I'll read it again, but I was also thinking of checking out Emily's sis Charlotte and downloading Jane Eyre soon (anything printed before 1923 is free on the Kindle).

BTW, since you folks read so many classics, would I be missing much if I read the abridged Les Mis?

Sleepless-Child 12-29-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 930060)
I'll read it again, but I was also thinking of checking out Emily's sis Charlotte and downloading Jane Eyre soon (anything printed before 1923 is free on the Kindle).

BTW, since you folks read so many classics, would I be missing much if I read the abridged Les Mis?

Well, since i've read only an half of the entire book because it was too long, at the time, for a 13-year-old-girl, it might be a good idea to read the abridged version :)

Cammie 12-29-2010 11:03 AM

Les Miz !

Read the abridged first ... the classic is huge and heavy!!!:shocked:
We also have the musical version with Michael Ball as Marius,
so adorable !!! More of a love story! Enjoy! I love books! C.:)

MissLadyLoki 12-29-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 930062)
Well, since i've read only an half of the entire book because it was too long, at the time, for a 13-year-old-girl, it might be a good idea to read the abridged version :)

Yeah I think so. I heard that Victor Hugo's tendancy to ramble is in the extreme in the unabrdiged version. If you thought those 2 chapters in Hunchback where he describes Paris was bad (I skipped over it), I heard there's a battle scene that's edited out in the abridged version that's as long as a regular book

Sleepless-Child 12-29-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki (Post 930066)
Yeah I think so. I heard that Victor Hugo's tendancy to ramble is in the extreme in the unabrdiged version. If you thought those 2 chapters in Hunchback where he describes Paris was bad (I skipped over it), I heard there's a battle scene that's edited out in the abridged version that's as long as a regular book

That man was crazy. But also a genius. I like his books a lot (The Hunchback, Les Misérables, The Last Day of a Condemned Man), but i really LOVE his poetry.

And, Cammie, the musical is great too. Love Confrontation song :). This is Chit Chat, so we should stop talking about this here!

MissLadyLoki 12-29-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammie (Post 930065)
Read the abridged first ... the classic is huge and heavy!!!:shocked:
We also have the musical version with Michael Ball as Marius,
so adorable !!! More of a love story! Enjoy! I love books! C.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 930068)
That man was crazy. But also a genius. I like his books a lot (The Hunchback, Les Misérables, The Last Day of a Condemned Man), but i really LOVE his poetry.

And, Cammie, the musical is great too. Love Confrontation song :). This is Chit Chat, so we should stop talking about this here!

I've wanted to see the musical, but if Broadway ever does a revival of it again, I'm definitely gonna try and see it.

And speaking of Broadway, for those of you that go to NYC for vacation, wanna see a show, and already know about the TKTS counter in Times Square (you can get discounted tickets for a show on that day), I got a secret for you: go to the one in South Street Seaport. They sells tickets for shows the day before, rather than on the day. I don't remember whether I did it for Billy Elliot or Memphis this year, but it makes life much easier.

Now, getting back on topic, since I took it way off topic with my book and Broadway chatter :laugh:, I really dunno much about the book, but if you want to learn a song, go onto YouTube. There's usually people there that have instructional vids.

HomerMcvie 12-29-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child (Post 930055)

Absolutely. Tumours is the album that ended the band. The reason they still hold hands, and gaze at each other onstage, 33 YEARS after breaking up.
Tumours, indeed!